Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue installing Spectraview II  (Read 6240 times)

adam z

Issue installing Spectraview II
« on: March 12, 2013, 06:23:59 am »

I'm hoping someone may be ale to help. I've been trying to install Spectraview II on my laptop (PC) for my NEC PA 241W and when the InstallShield Wizard runs, it tells me to enter my name, business name, and serial number. Trouble is, I don't know what serial number (code) they want me to use as I have tried the one that is in the back cover of the Spectraview software, and also the actual serial number of the monitor. It won't allow me to click the"next" button, I assume because that will only happen once the right serial number is entered.

Anything that might help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

howardm

Re: Issue installing Spectraview II
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 08:31:29 am »

I got mine via download and they sent an email w/ the proper license code but if you got a CDROM,
I'd assume the code is on the back or inside.

Your code should look something like:  SV2-xxxx-xxxx-xx 

Worst case:  Call NEC support; they are quite good.

adam z

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 03:38:36 am »

Yes I have a code like that one - it is the InstallShield wizard asking for a serial number, not the software itself (I think that's what is happening anyway). Very strange. Will try again tonight, and if I can't work it out will call NEC support as suggested. Thanks for your reply

howardm

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 06:35:37 am »

I use a Mac (which of course does NOT use InstallWizard/Shield/Whatever) but you can always download the latest from......

http://www.necdisplay.com/support-and-services/spectra-view-II/Downloads

Brad Smith

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 07:24:43 am »

Hi Adam,

I continue to use the serial number that came on my original disk box for new upgrades without issue. However, something I discovered is that you cannot leave the Company field blank. My SpectraView copy is personal, so I simply enter "None" and SpectraView is happy.

Brad

adam z

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 02:41:35 am »

Thanks guys

Brad, I thought I had tried putting my business name in, but obviously not as it was all that I needed. Unfortunately it wasn't enough and said that a compatible monitor could not be detected a couple of steps later. It turns out that the link howardm posted is likely useful. I just downloaded the current version of the software and going to try from there.

Will let you know how it goes, though I have my concerns after reading that it isn't overly accurate with the Spyder 3 Pro which I currently have. I guess it is better than not calibrating it at the moment, but I think i will get something more suitable very soon.

Thanks again

Adam

adam z

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 03:25:17 am »

All installed and calibrated. I guess I just need to refine the settings a little when I get a bit of time, but thanks so much for your help guys. Very much appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up