Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10 bit workflow  (Read 17675 times)

jrsforums

Re: 10 bit workflow
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 12:16:08 am »

I do have an Ott Light, it looks very much like the the GrafiLite. Is there a noticeable difference between the two?

It is an assumption, but I suspect "powered by Ott-lite technology" means using the same bulbs.
John

technoholic

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2013, 11:56:38 am »

It is an assumption, but I suspect "powered by Ott-lite technology" means using the same bulbs.

Sounds reasonable, I'll keep using the Ott Lite.

technoholic

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2013, 11:58:35 am »

I learned some valuable things in the course of this discussion. Many thanks to all!

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 02:20:41 pm »

No spectral spikes (due to the Fluorescent bulb)?
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

SangRaal

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 02:28:44 pm »

Not just the same bulb,they appear to be some of the Ott lights "rebranded" I have used on and off an "original Ottlite" now branded as the Ottlite vero it uses the 13 watt T4 linear bulb; great desklamp with great light quality however the bulbs are short lived and a total pain in the ass to find. Thanks for posting this thread because I found that OttLite now is selling their bulbs direct and they are in many standard sizes. So I have already ordered replacements from their web store. My current night print viewing solution has been and Ikan LED ID500 light suspended over my desk about 7' up from a right angle light stand It's (allegedly) 5600k and remote dimming I originally set it up over a a fixture on the desk I made to hold jewelry small cloud dome diffuser over the fixture so I could make images of the jewelry for insurance purposes. I had originally purchased a set of the Ikan lights for portrait project.

KarlBuiter

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2013, 03:23:45 am »

A note about 10-bit color (30-bit RGB)

Getting a 10-bit capable monitor is insufficient.  You also need a 10-bit video card, such as the FirePro series.  In this case, once the card is installed, go to Catalyst and find the special checkbox.

Then you can see the seamless RAMP image properly.

Does it matter?  

If we are all going to get hyped up about Dynamic Range and other metrics of Photo Quality, I want my workflow to be just as good.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:27:12 am by KarlBuiter »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up