Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Staying logged in???  (Read 2762 times)

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
Staying logged in???
« on: March 09, 2013, 06:27:25 pm »

Evening all  :)

Just to ask???  I normally tsayed logged in to LuLa forum even when I have a system crash (W7 64 bit) but a crash earlier today somehow has caused me to be only logged in whilst the I have the forum active.

I never did find a user setting to "stay logged in" or "login automatically" so any idea what may have changed?

TIA :)
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Staying logged in???
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 06:57:05 pm »

Make sure you login using the button on the left side of the page (... -- My Messages -- Members -- Login), and check "keep me logged in" or similar. If you use the login button in the upper right-hand corner, it will log you in only temporarily.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 04:42:38 am »

Make sure you login using the button on the left side of the page (... -- My Messages -- Members -- Login), and check "keep me logged in" or similar. If you use the login button in the upper right-hand corner, it will log you in only temporarily.

Sometimes that works; for me, after years of no sweat, I did logout once and have never been able to avoid login problems since, despite generously kind help from the supervisors here; I think it may be something that the user's computer does off its own bat... As it is, I have to login every time I want to expand a thumbnail other than one of my own. Also, I can find myself trying to post a message and then find that the thing won't fly - have to copy,  and then paste after quitting and then rejoining LuLa.

And to think aircraft fly using these sciences things.

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 11:29:01 am »

Sometimes that works...

Most of the time it works, probably in 90-99% cases.

On the other hand, nothing new here, we always knew you are exceptional, Rob :) Have you tried deleting cookies and preferences (or whatever the equivalent is in the Windows) related to LuLa?

Petrus

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 11:44:13 am »

A bit off topic, but...

I have always wondered why the guys/gals programming these pages do not just place two buttons labeled "log in once" and "keep logged in"? Now we have to check the radio button "keep me logged in" AND press the login button. Having a better interface like this would save me at least 5 minutes in my lifetime.

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 01:31:55 pm »

Evening all

Many thanks for the pointer about the "My messages" route to login.......................frankly I cannot recall uisng that route, as you are right I have AFAIK always used the login point at the top right hand side.............why that has a different, lacking the stay logged in, set of controls is a wonder???

Howver, I have now logged in using the "My messages" route so hopefully is sticky  ;) :)
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 01:48:49 pm »

I can think of at least two reasons for the dual login. One would be that the software is rather old, and not always the most elegant in handling things. The programer first created one type of login, went for a coffee, got distracted with office chit-chat, returned to his desk, forgot about the first login, then created the second one (ok, not likely, I admit ;)). Or he created the first one, and further down the road, someone pointed out the deficiencies in that one, or the need for a different one, and, by that time, it was too late to redesign the first, so he just added the second. More likely?

The other would be users who use it to login from internet cafes, libraries, work... forgetting to logout leaves the site open to the next user. Probably not with earth-shattering consequences for a photo forum, but the software was created as a general one, for many types of forums (I think).
Pages: [1]   Go Up