Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mouse, wired or wireless?  (Read 9007 times)

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
mouse, wired or wireless?
« on: March 08, 2013, 02:32:06 pm »

I use a Mac Pro and have both a wired and wireless Apple mouse. Are there either data or opinions about which is more precise for Photoshop? I do also use a Wacom tablet for painting so it may be moot, but I'd still like to know what people, presumably folks who have more experience than I do, use.
Thanks for any input.

Eric

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: mouse, wired or wireless?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 11:39:59 pm »

Windows user, but I haven't used a wired mouse in so many years I don't even remember.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Graham Clark

• grahamclarkphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 05:33:31 am »

I use a Mac Pro and have both a wired and wireless Apple mouse. Are there either data or opinions about which is more precise for Photoshop? I do also use a Wacom tablet for painting so it may be moot, but I'd still like to know what people, presumably folks who have more experience than I do, use.
Thanks for any input.

Eric

Hello Eric,

I like using a trackball like the Microsoft Trackball Explorer, however the Apple Trackpad is also very good for design/photography work.

Graham
Graham Clark  |  grahamclarkphoto.com

nemo295

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 08:10:45 pm »

I use a cheap Logitech wired mouse. I hate trackballs and wacom tablets and I find wireless mice to be too heavy to use comfortably and control precisely.

francois

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 05:47:05 am »

I'm using a wired mouse on my Mac Pro although I still have the original Magic Mouse (wireless). I find that most wireless mice are heavy (batteries). It's mostly a matter of taste but I find that my wired mouse seems a bit more responsive…
Francois

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 10:17:06 am »

The type of connection doesn't matter, it just transmits the mouse signal to the computer. It's the movement resolution of the specific mouse hardware that matters.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 11:56:41 am »

^Right. The movement of a mouse or trackball is typically measured in increments of 1/200th of an inch, iirc. Each 1/200th is called a “mickey.”

The only issue with wireless mice and keyboards for that matter is that they start to misbehave in odd ways when the battery runs down.

lfeagan

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 12:34:58 am »

I prefer wired mice in all situations. Personally I use the SteelSeries Ikari and Xai laser mice, which can be configured without software/drivers via a small LCD display and buttons on the bottom. The Apple Magic Trackpad is also quite nice due to its large size.
Lance

Nikon: D700, D800E, PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED, PC-E 45mm f/2.8D ED, PC-E 85mm f/2.8D, 50mm f/1.4G, 14-24 f/2.8G ED, 24-70 f/2.8G ED, 70-200 f/2.8G ED VR II, 400mm f/2.8G ED VR
Fuji: X-Pro 1, 14mm f/2.8, 18mm f/2.0, 35mm f/1.4

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 10:26:18 am »

Wired. Used to use a really high precision mouse from RAZER that was great for retouching and other fine moves in Photoshop and Lightroom but I wore it out. Now I use a cheap Microsoft mouse and a Wacom INTUOUS 5.

Ed Taylor

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 04:02:10 pm »

Wired/Wireless.

I use an Intuous 5 with the wireless mouse from an Intuous 4.

I like a wireless mouse but find many heavy.

Ed
Best Regards,

Ed Taylor
www.edtaylorphoto.com

SunnyUK

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 12:02:44 pm »

Wireless. I find that the weight of the batteries more than make up for the resistance of the wire when I lift and move the mouse around. Right now I'm using a Logitech Performance MX which works on any surface, including glass.
Pages: [1]   Go Up