Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Output Location oddity  (Read 1257 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Output Location oddity
« on: March 08, 2013, 01:56:41 pm »

I'm wondering why in this tool/panel .....We have "Store Files" with a drop down with some recent locations, that's somewhat helpful as it is the specific folder name only, without knowing the path. I name all my folders "Focus" as many name it "Processed" or output, etc. So you end up with repeats of the same name, but not knowing where they are UNLESS you click the ---> arrow! Which helpful. But why wouldn't the Choose option in that drop down pick up from one of the last places you used?  I often have to select Choose, as I hardly do any reshoots, but the drive I store the shoots on is the same most of the time. When I select "Choose"  it takes me all the way back to the Desktop/OS main screen.  From here I have to go through at least 5 clicks to get to the folder I need.   Isn't there a way to retain the last location so you can navigate and choose from that point?  This is a small tweak, but it just makes things smoother as to go back to the Desktop screen is shows would be a simple 1 click if need be...But importantly you can easily scroll through the expanded folders you need.

I hope this makes sense....anyone?
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Re: Output Location oddity
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 03:57:09 am »

agree

all my images go in.. images->job_name->"jpg_select" for example

so recent folders are all called 'jpg_select' or 'tiff_select' or suchlike

the one up layer of the folder tree.. "job_name" is the one that 'counts'

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Output Location oddity
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 04:05:11 pm »

Maybe David or Doug have some input
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up