Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: synar emotion75 to this camera  (Read 2200 times)

andreart

• Photographer Andrejs Zavadskis
synar emotion75 to this camera
« on: March 07, 2013, 03:08:09 am »

how to connect synar emotion75 to this camera :

ced

Re: synar emotion75 to this camera
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 03:35:01 am »

1st of all it is SINAR and if you meant the drink(not for me Cynar)but I guess it is the former.
I would not interface to this flimsy looking camera, the lock down points don't look very precise and sturdy.
Wonder too about the lens if it will meet the resolution requirements.
If you are determined then you need an appropriate Graflock interface plate that slots in where the film cassette goes in.
These exist in Hassy V + H, Mamiya 645, Contax 645 etc. a sync cable from the back to the lens.
I think on the Sinar website you should find additional info.

torger

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 07:38:19 am »

The shorter lenses you use, the more of a problem the less rigid design of that 5x4" camera will be, the problem is that it is hard to avoid accidental tilts, a fraction of a degree of tilt between lens board and sensor can be visible on a short focal length. But for product photography using longer focal lengths it will work okay.

I'd look for a sliding back that fits in there, check on ebay for example.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:42:31 am by torger »

pixjohn

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 03:15:19 pm »

The camera has graflok adapter, just buy an apter with your back mount.

MrSmith

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 03:19:33 pm »

Doesn't look like a Sinar to me as it has axis tilts, looks like a Horesman (same panel fitting but with a sliding clip on the bottom not just the top.)

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 03:24:24 pm »

If I remember correctly, the Horseman could swap boards with Sinar, so you should be in decent shape with adapters.

ced

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 03:40:49 am »

MrSmith my reference to Sinar was the spelling of the name of the back in question,  I don't think Sinar ever made such a flimsy device...

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 04:53:36 am »

It's a Horseman LE or LX as far as I can tell. It uses a standard Graflok mount or a Sinar mount so you have several options

If you're going to use Live View and only need a direct adapter then we (Mamiya Leaf) makes Graflok adapters for Mamiya, Contax, Hasselblad H, Hasselblad V and also AFi/ Hy6 backs. The adapter can be ordered through any of our partners. Cambo also make a direct adapter for Sinar cameras

If you're looking for a sliding back with a ground glass then you can get one from Cambo, Linhof, Kapture Group, Mergin-X, Silvestri and a few nameless eBay companies

As others suggested the camera should be OK for studio work with long-ish lenses. If you plane to use wide-angle lenses then I suggest you look for a more compact and rigid camera or a tech camera

BR

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |
Pages: [1]   Go Up