Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS6 Merge to HDR Anomoly  (Read 1794 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
CS6 Merge to HDR Anomoly
« on: March 06, 2013, 11:30:54 pm »

All updates have been completed. I am using CS6 version 7.3 Raw Editor, PC based, Radeon graphics card, 16 GB RAM. Weird goings on. I shot five sets of 5 images,  +1, +2, neutral, -1, -2. These were all shot sequentually. In two of the sets, the program goes directly to the HDR preview and I do my 32bit edit thing. In three of the sets, no matter what I do, or how I do it, when it gets to where it should open, it disappears. Poof, it's outta there! Adobe is clueless. I spent the better part of two hours while three of their techs worked within my computer via a share program. They are still baffled and supposedly will get back to me tomorrow (3/7/03. In the meantime, and since I don't have great faith in them, does anyone else here have any experience with this type of anomoly and perhaps a solution?
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: CS6 Merge to HDR Anomoly
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 12:50:08 am »

First line of troubleshooting is to trash the prefs...if that doesn't work, I'm afraid you'll need to uninstall, reinstall.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:20:42 am »

Since this was an electronic download, not off the original disc, does the .exe. command file remain if I uninstall, or do I have to let the adobe geeks do it from their end?
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

RFPhotography

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 07:02:45 pm »

If you saved the install executable on your computer then it should still be there.  If you deleted it you should be able to redownload it from Adobe.

Redcrown

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 11:50:53 pm »

If you Google "Merge to HDR" plus the keywords "trouble", "problem", or "failure" your will see many reports similar or identical to yours. Some hint at solutions, but seem to indicate many different causes of the problem. A complete re-installation of the software is probably overkill, except that it is one way to get the preferences reset.

The first thing I'd do is get a set of images that fail on your system moved to another system and try there. Problems with the images themselves is the first variable to eliminate and easiest thing to test. Take the time to upload them to Dropbox and ask others to download and test.
Pages: [1]   Go Up