Sorry a little long winded here.
I was hoping someone could help me with an issue I have been encountering for a while. I have search here for a similar issue without success also the internet. I have followed the troubleshooting (monitor resets) on both the NEC site and in the manual and still I cannot resolve it.
Problem: Some red colours (not all) are muted on the NEC but print on my Epson Stylus Pro 9900 over saturated as a result of the NEC muted reds. Other colours seem ok. Problem exists 95% of the time with the other 5% the reds look fine. However can't narrow down what is different/going on when they do look fine.
I don't know when exactly this problem started but I have been attempting to fix for the past 5 months.
I have a secondary monitor a Dell U2412M also attached which displays the reds more closely to the printed image than the NEC. But the colour range of the NEC is far more superior.
Dragging image (with reds prevalent) from one monitor and dropping to the other (using Photoshop CS5 or CS6, Lightroom 3 and 4) shows a significant shift in the reds. I know I will never get the two monitors to match but there is a significant shift in the reds.
Both monitors were first calibrated using the following combinations:
- SpyderPro 2 and appropriate software
- i1Pro Basic and earlier software
- i1 Display Pro and latest software
- Also tried only on the NEC the SpyderPro 2 and i1 Display Pro colorimeters with the SpectraView II Software (latest version on your website as of a week ago)
None of the combinations make a difference with the reds on the NEC monitor.
I have printed from PS CS6/CS5 and Image Print 8.0 and 9.0 with different papers and profiles which has not made a difference. Just proved it was not a PSCS6 or ImagePrint, profile or printer issue... I think.
The issue seems to point to the NEC but even NEC Tech Support (great support by the way) have been stumped. Almost seems to be an OS or Video card issue or combination? I just don't know where to go anymore.
System: Dell XPS8300
Monitor: NEC PA271W
Video: AMD Radeon 6600 series
OS: Windows 7
Thanks a bunch in advance for any ideas, things to try and so on.
CDTYson Fine Art Printinghttp://www.cdtyson.com