Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has Anyone Here Switched From Aperture?  (Read 2967 times)

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
Has Anyone Here Switched From Aperture?
« on: March 06, 2013, 06:30:17 pm »

I'm curious as to your findings about how easy the transition was and if you've found any key missing features.

Are you as happy (or happier) with C1 Pro as you were with Aperture?
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Has Anyone Here Switched From Aperture?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 12:58:39 am »

Are you as happy (or happier) with C1 Pro as you were with Aperture?

What cameras? Makes a difference...

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 07:33:29 am »

What cameras? Makes a difference...

For me, Nikon D3 and D300, and Olympus OM-D E-M5.
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

etto72

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 02:53:32 pm »

The IQ of CO7 is far superior of the one of Aperture!
I am also an Aperture user.....which is tired of waiting.....

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 11:49:42 pm »

I have tried Aperture through a couple of versions. Primarily with Canon files I do not find the RAW file rendered to be as good as Canon DPP and most of all now with Capture One v.7. It seems like it would be a nifty idea using an Apple native program on Apple computers but it is in my opinion just second best.
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

Jim Funston

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 02:01:53 am »

I have both but find myself using my old tried and true Aperture 3 more than my new C1. Hard to teach an ole dog new tricks I guess. I find those files I do process in C1 I still move to aperture for a final touch up and filing.

I lost access to a whole file of aperture saved master files stored on a external hard drive by downloading them into C1 when I was first playing with the program. Seems it wrote code to these masters which Aperture could no longer access. Needless to say I was not a happy camper and this never happened when my DXO PP software was used the same way. To make a long story short after hours of hopeful work I still permanently lost Aperture access to 126 images. I never took a file from my aperture masters and downloaded them into C1 again...... the old "burn me once" scenario. I heard this has been fixed but I just can't get myself to do that again to find out for sure.

I really like what C1 does for my a77 and NEX 7 files but I am very selective on what I bring into C1 making sure I have files saved in other locations first.

I will be the first to admit I am very new with C1 and guess I should of signed up for a webinar .. but even after months of owning it I am still uncomfortable with the catalog/session aspect as well as some of the functions like overlays.So I just export it to CS6 if I need overlays or other functions that confuse me on C1.

I currently use CS6, DXO8, C1Pro7, and Aperture 3 as my basic PP softwares with Photomatix, DXO viewpoint, Topaz suite, Portrait professional, and a couple other plugins for my photos. Of them all C1 is the most confusing for me at this time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up