Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Orcas Island WA  (Read 1731 times)

Stan A

Orcas Island WA
« on: March 06, 2013, 02:21:46 am »

Im taking my wife to Rosario resort for a few days next week on Orcas Islands in the San Juans in WA state. Anyone ever been there and know of any have to shoot to places I should look for specifically?

Stan

duane_bolland

• flexiblelightphotography.com
Re: Orcas Island WA
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 01:49:44 am »

I was there once.  We hiked to the top of Mt Constitution (grrreat views!) from Mountain Lake.  Then we swam in Cascade Lake and ended the day in Doe Bay, where they have hot tubs and a nice restaurant.  Highly recommended.  We didn't take many photos but had a great time.  Of the San Juan islands, I think Orcas Island is the most diverse and interesting.

Stan A

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 04:42:44 am »

Just got back a few days ago. Mt Constitution was almost socked in but we could just make out Mt Baker still through the clouds. Saw a few eagles, some descents shots of those. We also saw several Piebald deer which I have never seen in real life before, they are deer that have white and brown hair...pretty neat looking.

RobSaecker

• robsaecker.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:38:09 pm »

Thirds to Mt. Constitution. There is also Turtleback Mountain, which is only recently open to the public and has some potential.

Also, assuming you're driving, if you have any spare time while in Anacortes, check out Mt. Erie.
Rob
photo blog - http://robsaecker.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up