Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ICELANDIC roadtrip: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES  (Read 3822 times)

Michael_Paris

• INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER
ICELANDIC roadtrip: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES
« on: March 05, 2013, 08:05:40 am »

Hi folks,

While I'm packing my gear for a new trip in Iceland (on monday), I thought that some of you might be interested in reading my 2012 roadtrip in the country.

After having presented a "full" 2009 Roadtrip with about 2000 photos, I decided this time to limit myself to... only 60!

That's why I call this story : ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

It took a long time for editing as you can imagine...

But let me present you the background :

1 | I was a Canon guy since ever, but the D800 was just out at this time (june 2012) and I couldn't resist testing it.

These photos are made with both 5D markII and D800. I felt unconfortable with the D800 so didn't use it that much, and sold it just after the trip.

2 | I took my wife... and 20 months kid with me! This is not the easiest way to concentrate on landscape photography, but I'm proud to having make it possible, it's great to have some photos of my little boy off the beaten tracks in iceland like on the hot lava of Eyjafjallajökull (thanks to my wife for bringing him up there on her back!). Imagine that we slept the 3 of us in the car during one month. Fortunatly the car was big, but beleive me, It was kind of an adventure : )

I like to spend some time back in France in writing the story, so I'll be happy if you don't only have a look at the photos only, but also read the story that I made translated by Roland Glasser my professional english translator for your pleasure.

You can even listen to piece of music for a real 3D Icelandic experience : )

The story starts like this:

It's always a pleasure to return to Reykjavik, a town that's made for strolling around, and where I feel very much at ease. The very day we arrived, I walked up toward the old hospital to photograph this neo-Gothic church, taking care to place the cathedral in the background. It was 11.25 pm on June 11, and the town was flooded with sunlight...

It continues here, but you must choose first your screen size:

http://international-photographer.com/gallery/iceland-gallery-2.htm

Hope you'll like this Icelandic trip!

Cheers,

Michael.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:16:59 am by Michael_Paris »

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Re: ICELANDIC roadtrip: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 08:27:55 am »

I'd love to read your trip report, but I struggled to get past the first page & the "Would you prefer the English version: Yes or No". I clicked yes, and the same pop-up box appears again & again & again. So I clicked No (presumably I'll get the non-English version, but hopefully will cope). Then I chose the screen resolution. And er, that's it. It's as far as I can get.

Michael_Paris

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 08:36:12 am »

Thank you so much for warning me Bill, I cant' see it from France.

This will be fixed in a few minutes.

Michael.

Ok, I stopped the "question about your langage" box. Could you tell me if it's ok ? Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:39:57 am by Michael_Paris »

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 09:18:24 am »

OK. Where do I click now? I've tried Galleries>Iceland II, but that just takes me back to where I started

Michael_Paris

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 09:31:39 am »

francois

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 09:34:55 am »

Thanks for sharing. You have stunning photos and while Iceland is a paradise for photographers your images perfectly convey the spirit of the place.

Bravo!
Francois

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 09:57:20 am »

Right - got it now. Some stunningly beautiful images there.

Michael_Paris

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 04:29:15 pm »

Thank you!

Don't forget - to match the purpose of this section of the forum - that you can find a map at the bottom of the page to help you locate where the photos where made.

You can also find what camera and lens I used for each photo, in case you find an interest into it.

Michael.

Michael_Paris

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 09:45:34 am »

Hi folks,

I'm leading a photographic workshop in Iceland right now. Coming back from Myvatn area for a week, and before heading to Jokulsarlon along the south coast, I posted a few photos on my FB page this morning.

We were very lucky to have fantastic northern light activity last night!

Sorry for the quality, no time for post-processing yet!

Cheers,

Michael.

acktdi

• alvinchanphoto.com
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 10:21:33 am »

These are beautiful images.  You've inspired me to visit Iceland.  I'm currently in the planning stages.  Which 4x4 rental outfit did you use?
I've just purchased your ebook, which is a fantastic resource.  It answered my question about which 4x4 I need.  The H2 from geysir is a bit expensive, I think I can make do with a smaller one.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:07:57 am by acktdi »

menandar

• Professional portrait photographer - London, UK.
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 03:07:46 pm »

Very nice images but they could of even been nicer if they were taken in better time of the day (although I never been there so I'm not sure how are the lighting/weather conditions) . By the way this area of the world seems very popular among the Landscape photographers. I love the image with the entry to the cave amazing object and capture.

--------------------------------------
http://mirchevphotography.com   
Pages: [1]   Go Up