Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One IQ260, IQ280, and Achromatic - 11 Things to Know  (Read 107140 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Phase One IQ260, IQ280, and Achromatic - 11 Things to Know
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2013, 05:49:14 pm »

That sounds about right.  I know you don't get the same equipment as when you purchase a back "new", not via the upgrade.  When I upgraded from the P45+ to IQ160 back in 2011 I thought I got a new battery, but maybe not.  I know you don't get a case, charger etc.  You should get the new cables for USB3 and possible a Phase One zero latency cable for a tech camera.  You also should have a copy of Capture One software, but not the Pro version.  They may not include this anymore as you can download it and it's free for all Phase One digital back users.

Paul Caldwell
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 05:53:15 pm by Paul2660 »
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

ddanois

« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2013, 10:23:40 am »

Same for me. I think the expectation is that you still have your kit from the original DB purchase.

Derek

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2013, 10:49:49 am »

https://digitaltransitions.com/page/phase-one-warranty-information

This page contains the contents of each kind of purchase.

Upgrades are halfway down.

Of course one can use the argument "for $XXXXX you should through in a free ____" for just about any expensive purchase. But every added "free" accessory is of course not really free but raises the cost of the underlying package (sometimes in unexpected ways such as increased shipping costs as you go past some size/weight).

I'm torn on this one - anyone upgrading their back is very likely to have several batteries and likely several chargers and including another charger/battery would likely be superfluous. Of course there can be exceptions so the Digital Transitions sales team makes an effort to discuss what is going to come with whatever purchase the customer is making to head off any unexpected confusion/disappointment.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 10:54:05 am by Doug Peterson »

tom_l

• http://www.tomlucas.net
« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2013, 12:22:31 pm »

It probably depends.

I only upgraded once : P25->IQ160 and got 1 battery, 1 charger, 1 new short cable, 1 cleaning set.

I once send the old back in for cleaning, firmware upgrade, general check, which is quite expensive as you may know, but... I got it back in a new Peli Case

Tom

Graham Welland

« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2013, 12:22:30 pm »

Of course one can use the argument "for $XXXXX you should through in a free ____" for just about any expensive purchase. But every added "free" accessory is of course not really free but raises the cost of the underlying package (sometimes in unexpected ways such as increased shipping costs as you go past some size/weight).

I'm torn on this one - anyone upgrading their back is very likely to have several batteries and likely several chargers and including another charger/battery would likely be superfluous.

I understand where you're coming from on this, although I strongly disagree. Given the costs of the backs and the margins that must exist on technology like this to make it worth Phase One and any dealer's efforts worthwhile, it seems pretty cheap not to just provide the accessories with an upgrade. It's not like we're talking a $500 upgrade price here, plus we're talking about providing those accessories at manufacturer's cost - not retail cost.

My $0.02.
Graham

strok

« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2014, 09:17:06 am »

What about upgrading to a 5 year added value warranty? Does it still come in a paper box with no accessories?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2014, 09:52:05 am »

What about upgrading to a 5 year added value warranty? Does it still come in a paper box with no accessories?

Not sure what your question is. If you upgrade to a new IQ2 back it now includes a 5 year value add warranty.
So the back upgrade would still ship with nothing extra in the box.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

strok

« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2014, 11:31:48 am »

Thank you Paul.
But the Value Added package is different from the one year warranty one. From my understanding is should include the extra stuff which is not provided by a regular kit. (case, Lens cast calibration plate, etc)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2014, 01:00:18 pm »

I believe that only applies to a new back purchase not an upgrade.  You still get all the extras with a new back purchase that is an IQ2. The IQ1 backs only come with the classic 1 year warranty.

Paul

Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up