Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One IQ260, IQ280, and Achromatic - 11 Things to Know  (Read 107129 times)

torger

Re: Phase One IQ260, IQ280, and Achromatic - 11 Things to Know
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 08:18:31 am »

Exciting products!

I assume it's is the same sensors being used, but there are improvements in the supporting electronics which makes long exposure and higher DR possible? DR of current IQ 1XX products is already more than adequately high so I think the long exposure feature is more exciting.

Also really nice with the IQ260 achromatic, should be valuable to high end black-and-white artists.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 08:18:56 am »

I'm not much for incremental upgrades.

Fair enough  ;D

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 08:23:06 am »

More data.

Editor Note: 
Each of the three new systems announced today features high-speed wireless connectivity and 13 full f-stops of dynamic range
More product images are available at: http://www.phaseone.com/media-library
Press Release Follows:

Phase One Announces IQ2 Series Digital Camera Backs Pushes Image Quality Beyond Megapixels

COPENHAGEN, March 4, 2013 — Phase One, the world’s leader in open-platform, medium format camera systems and solutions, today announced the Phase One IQ2 series: three new full-frame 645 format digital camera backs with high-speed wireless connectivity and 13 f-stops of dynamic range, plus new options to meet specific photographic goals. Building on the IQ digital back platform, the first choice of many of the world’s leading photographers, the technical advances in the Phase One IQ280, IQ260 and IQ260 Achromatic go beyond delivering ultra-high megapixel resolution to introduce greater mobility and workflow flexibility for professional photographers.

“Instead of trying to make our wireless connection a replacement for a wired file transfer, as others have done, our solution focuses on helping get the right image capture -- whether that means perfecting composition or focus, or simply easing the challenges of capturing a hard-to-reach image from a remote location,” said Jan H. Christiansen, marketing director, Phase One. 

All IQ2 camera backs feature full-frame 645 format sensors designed collaboratively by Phase One and Teledyne Dalsa to deliver the world’s best image quality. In addition, Phase One IQ2 camera backs deliver a full 13 f-stops of dynamic range, which combined with meticulous calibration and careful hardware and software optimization ensures that the image quality is matched by no other camera.

-- The 80 megapixel IQ280 puts Wi-Fi in a new perspective, enabling remote image capture and viewing of huge 80 megapixel images on an iPad running Phase One’s Capture Pilot App. It represents the pinnacle of image quality. With an ISO as low as 35, no other camera or digital back can get better silk-like images. 

-- The 60 megapixel IQ260 offers unparalleled capture versatility, with exposure ranges from 1/10000s to one hour with virtually noise-free images. The 60 megapixel sensor at the heart of the IQ260 is a unique 645 format full-frame device found only in this digital back. It offers the widest exposure range opportunities on the market coupled with phenomenal image quality. And both the IQ280 and IQ260 capture raw images at 16-bit color depth per channel, enabling reproduction of scenes with ultra-smooth transitions.

-- The Phase One IQ260 Achromatic is a dedicated image capture device designed to deliver the highest-quality pure black and white images. It fully shares the IQ2 series’ “unplugged” assets. At the core of this system is a 60-megapixel sensor with no color filter array mounted, which means that no interpolation is necessary. Each and every pixel of the sensor is focused purely on capturing the finest details of an image. This digital back comes with no mounted IR cut-off filter, and the IQ260 Achromatic is capable of capturing image in three light spectrums: infrared, visible and ultraviolet -- permitting photographers to experiment with a wide range of their choice of filters to create unique images for artistic and scientific purposes.

Capture Made Easy
All IQ2 backs include built-in accelerometers, whose input helps align images perfectly at the moment of capture. An intuitive virtual horizon offers a precise visual indication of an image’s roll and pitch; that data is automatically stored with the images and can be automatically corrected in Capture One software after import.

Rugged Build
IQ2 digital backs combine functional design with rugged build quality. Built of 100 percent aircraft grade aluminum, all electronic connectors and ports are protected with automatic retracting hatches or rubber covers to ensure that they work continuously even in the toughest shooting environments.

Capture One 7 Software
Capture One 7 is built on the world's best raw processing engine and is included with all IQ2 backs, providing highly responsive precision tools to capture, organize, view, edit, share and print images for an efficient workflow and superior image quality results.

Availability and Pricing
The Phase One IQ2 series camera backs are expected to be available in June 2013; they may be ordered now through Phase One professional photography partners worldwide: www.phaseone.com/partners For a complete list of all the new Phase One IQ digital back features, including supported camera bodies, please see www.phaseone.com/iq2

Prices start at 29990 EUR / 39990 USD. Attractive upgrade offers are available for all existing Phase One photographers. For a demo of these new products, please sign up here: www.phaseone.com/demo

About Phase One
Phase One is the world’s leader in open-platform, high-end camera systems and solutions. Phase One cameras, digital backs and lenses are designed to deliver superior quality image capture and investment value. Phase One’s Capture One and Media Pro software help streamline capture and post-production processes for both medium format and DSLR cameras. Phase One products are known for their quality, flexibility and speed enabling pro photographers shooting in a wide range of formats to achieve their creative visions without compromise.

Phase One is an employee-owned company based in Copenhagen with offices in New York, London, Tokyo, Cologne, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Sydney, and Tel Aviv. 

Phase One and Capture One are registered trademarks of Phase One A/S.  All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

For more information, please visit Phase One at http://www.phaseone.com; or you can contact the team directly on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/PhaseOneWW and on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phase-One/184811514906561-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

Doug Peterson

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 09:26:54 am »

I love reading press releases before my first cup of coffee.

Kolor-Pikker

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 09:34:01 am »

I could have put together a press release like that and I don't even know anything about the new backs.

I translated this text "Prices start at 29990 EUR / 39990 USD" from Danish using Google and it told me "please bend over now".

Doug Peterson

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 09:59:55 am »

Exciting products!

I assume it's is the same sensors being used, but there are improvements in the supporting electronics which makes long exposure and higher DR possible? DR of current IQ 1XX products is already more than adequately high so I think the long exposure feature is more exciting.

That's a reasonable assumption to make. But in this case it's wrong.

The sensor in the IQ260 is an entirely new design with a new pixel-level design and supporting electronics. Implementing long exposure with a Dalsa sensor required some significant R+D.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 10:10:12 am »

Here's a quick snap shot at new product pricing:

IQ180>IQ2180 = Available through your dealer

P65+>IQ2 280 = $17,500
P45+>IQ2 280 = $26,800

P65+>IQ2 260 = Our price is set but are not allowed to publish it
P45+>IQ2 260 = $22,500

Other significant changes:

P65+ New = $24,990
P40+ New = $13,990

P65+ Pre-Owned = $17,990
P40+ Pre-Owned = $9,990

Also, significantly, Lens pricing will be going up April 1st. Check with your dealer to see how much you will save buy buying before the price increase.

Steve Hendrix
steve@captureintegration.com
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

torger

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 10:17:11 am »

That's a reasonable assumption to make. But in this case it's wrong.

The sensor in the IQ260 is an entirely new design with a new pixel-level design and supporting electronics. Implementing long exposure with a Dalsa sensor required some significant R+D.

Nice! I'd liked to see further development of the 6 um sensor design, and now we got it! What's the color cast performance, same better, or worse?

Mr. Rib

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 10:17:35 am »

Not that I have a horse in this race, but the timing was really the worst-just checked my email and that's what I had at the list:

"Capture Integration: CI Breaking News: The new Phase One IQ2"
"Phase One: Introducing IQ2 series"
"Hasselblad: H4D-40 Ferrari Camera - A Race to the Finish Line"

Doug Peterson

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 10:19:47 am »

Nice! I'd liked to see further development of the 6 um sensor design, and now we got it! What's the color cast performance, same better, or worse?

Same as IQ160. Some significant limitations (previously discussed) with 28XL and minor limitations on the 35XL.

23HR, 28HR, or 32HR would be suggested instead of the 28XL.

Stefan.Steib

• HCam - Hartblei Pro Photography solutions
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 10:53:59 am »

Not that I have a horse in this race, but the timing was really the worst-just checked my email and that's what I had at the list:

"Capture Integration: CI Breaking News: The new Phase One IQ2"
"Phase One: Introducing IQ2 series"
"Hasselblad: H4D-40 Ferrari Camera - A Race to the Finish Line"

I really wished there was more than a bit red color on the Hasselblad side of things. We all can use a healthy portfolio and good competition.

Although there is still no CMOS and according improved Live View, I think the Phase Move was pretty smart.
The only way to get a better standing with the actual CCD´s is to improve connectivity and workflow and they did this to a very large extent.
Still, the question to a battery improvement is very valid, I wish there would be a second, external battery compartment to plug large
4800 or even 7200 mAh batteries to get full support for the improved functionality.
And - next question - what about the dark shots ? Can these be switched off now ? PLEASE !!!!! I mean 1 hour exposure and then 1 hour wait and in the middle of it the batteries die ? Come on !

Overall a good day for MF, I really appreciate the statement and commitment, I heavily rely on a healthy Phase (and Leaf and Blad....) with our HCam
so everybody can imagine I wish them well more than many others might ! And when I criticise this is ment as a help and not as an atttack.

Regards
Stefan
Because Photography is more than Technology and "as we have done it before".

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 10:57:17 am »

Phase One IQ260, IQ280, and Achromatic - 11 Things to Know

1. Holy Dynamic Range Batman - Increased to 13 stops
2. Long Exposure has Returned with the Phase One IQ260
3. Achromatic Has Come to the IQ2 Series
4. Wireless Viewing, No Computer Needed
5. Remote Operation of the Camera
6. Remote Review and Color Tagging
7. Wireless Works With Any iOS Device
8. GPS Auto Geotagging
9. Wireless Works to TV
10. Sample Files Will be Available Soon
11. You Can See One In Person Starting in a Week

Yeah all well on good on the surface, but if there isn't one in Ferrari red I think you will struggle to sell any.
Kevin.

FredBGG

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 12:18:04 pm »

Yes, and development of sensors has come to a stand still. :-)
O, except for the six new sensors, and three sensor technologies Team Phase One + Dalsa has developed in the last five years.

P65+, IQ160 and IQ260 seem to be the same sensor. Same sensor for 3 generations of back.

Wireless looks interesting. Can focus be controlled over wireless without going through a computer and directly on
a smart phone or tablet. Not just checked, but controlled.

Also can the wireless signal of the back go through an external antenna rather than have it come straight out of the back?
Sending huge file sizes through one brain for the duration of a shoot can't be healthy.

Can the wireless direct to ipad or iphone send jpeg previews while storing RAW files on the CF card?

sgilbert

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 12:22:04 pm »

Good questions as always, Fred.  It sounds like you're in the market for a back. 

Just kidding;  you're just Fredding.

Jeffery Salter

• Loving life one frame at a time.
    • Jeffery Salter
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 12:26:50 pm »

Hey Fred.  Take a break.  Be a gentleman and congratulate Phase one.  You have the rest of your life to google squirrel pictures.  And astronaut pictures.

Have a good day,
Jeffery
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.
photos:  www.jefferysalter.com
Blog: http://blog.jefferysalter.com/
Instagram: @jefferysalter

BJL

recent new DMF sensors
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 12:49:18 pm »

Yes, and development of sensors has come to a stand still. :-)

O, except for the six new sensors, ... in the last five years.
The newest MF sensor I know of is the 80MP one from Dalsa that has been around for 2 1/2 years, since at least the September 2010 announcement of the Aptus-II 12, and before that the 60MP Dalsa sensor from July 2008, almost five years ago. Is there anything newer? Are the IQ2 models using new sensor new designs, or just making improvements in circuit noise to improve DR a bit?

JohnCox123

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 01:09:59 pm »

Bravo!
Exactly what I was waiting for.

bcooter

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 01:16:22 pm »

Hey Fred.  Take a break.  Be a gentleman and congratulate Phase one.  You have the rest of your life to google squirrel pictures.  And astronaut pictures.

Have a good day,
Jeffery

Hey Fred,

I have a friend that won't answer his cell phone because he's worried about radio waves, so he only texts and uses land lines.  He also sleeps with aluminum foil on his head, so go figure.

I sent him this, thinking it would allow him to up his communication skills and get a good nights sleep.

Since you seem to be very interested in medium format again, this might be the right accessory for you.

If you don't go Phase, the red accents will match the new Hasselblad Ferrari.

Hope this helps.

IMO

BC

lance_schad

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 01:17:17 pm »

The IQ160 and 260 Achromatic use a similar sensor and the IQ260 with long exposure capabilities has a different sensor.

Lance
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:54:38 pm by lance_schad »
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

Doug Peterson

Re: recent new DMF sensors
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 01:26:58 pm »

Are the IQ2 models using new sensor new designs, or just making improvements in circuit noise to improve DR a bit?

IQ260 is an entirely new sensor design. It is not the same sensor as the 160 or even that sensor with additional electronics. It is a new sensor, and built from the ground-up for good long exposures.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up