Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New User, Just Saying Hello! [includes a few shots]  (Read 3686 times)

7h3C47

New User, Just Saying Hello! [includes a few shots]
« on: March 03, 2013, 08:23:12 pm »

Hello all!

I joined to ask a few questions in another sub-forum, but I'm very impressed with all of the skill I see here.  I am just an hobbyist/enthusiast, and am currently in between setups unfortunately.  Actually, a user on this forum gave me my first ever camera (for free!?!) back when I was high school many years ago, Dale Thorn if I remember correctly.  I have since made leaps and bounds of progress, and have developed an addiction as I'm sure many of you have.  My personal favorite specialty is macro flower shots.  If you're from my part of the world, spring is right around the corner, and we have so much to anticipate!  I look forward to your posts, discussions, and masterpieces.

Elby

SDIM0076 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

SDIM0004 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

SDIM0072-2 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

SDIM0048 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

SDIM0069 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

SDIM0056 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

SDIM0106 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

SDIM0017 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: New User, Just Saying Hello! [includes a few shots]
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 04:51:07 am »

Some nice photos of flowers.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 11:06:05 pm »

Sumptuous colours and structures. I like the little green bee, a bit more going on.

7h3C47

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 02:03:53 pm »

Some nice photos of flowers.
Sumptuous colours and structures. I like the little green bee, a bit more going on.

Thanks, appreciate the kind comments.

Leszek Piotrowski

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 09:19:34 pm »

Nice shots,.. I really like the one with the water drops,... which, to me, gives the macro capture a bit of a three-D look. I to look forward to the spring and getting some wildflower shots. Oh, and I have also captured some flower images with "visiting" insects about. Sometimes those little "free-loaders" put a smile on my face when I finally notice them in PP.

... and welcome.

Leszek
Leszek, G

gerafotografija

• gerafotografija.wordpress.com
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:45:00 am »

Welcome. Hope to see more from you on the forum.

dhancock

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 10:32:31 am »

Welcome to the forum. You have some great photographs! Do you photograph in RAW? Some of your photographs seem to be slightly underexposed, which would not be difficult to change in RAW processing. Another thing you will want to watch for is contrast. The contrast in a couple of your photographs seems to remove the fresh mood from some of the flowers (such as #6 & #8) you photographed.

7h3C47

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 05:55:50 pm »

Welcome to the forum. You have some great photographs! Do you photograph in RAW? Some of your photographs seem to be slightly underexposed, which would not be difficult to change in RAW processing. Another thing you will want to watch for is contrast. The contrast in a couple of your photographs seems to remove the fresh mood from some of the flowers (such as #6 & #8) you photographed.

Thank you! I do shoot in raw, and process in Adobe Lightroom, however the originals of the pictures above were lost when a hard drive died about a year ago.  Can you comment more on your contrast point though out of curiosity? I'm not particularly sure what you mean. Too much or too little?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:58:22 pm by 7h3C47 »

dhancock

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 07:39:05 pm »

I was thinking that they had too much contrast. Most of the time when taking flower shots, you normally try for a dreamy/fantasy feel. When the sun is completely out during the middle of the day, it gives harsh shadows that make the photographs look stark and extreme. Of course, there might be times when you do want harsh shadows for creative purposes; #7 seems to do that. Just don't let my comments stifle your creativity. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up