Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji gs690III  (Read 1750 times)

JohnCox123

Fuji gs690III
« on: March 03, 2013, 12:15:41 am »

I have a Mamiya pro TL but have the option of getting a fuji gs690III for a good price. How do these compare? I don't like carrying around multiple bodies so I would either use one or the other. I'm a one camera one lens person and I'm familiar with rangefinders. 

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
Re: Fuji gs690III
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 07:53:22 am »

I had both Fujis, the 90mm and the 65mm. The lenses are excellent, the bodies are okay. No Bulb setting made long exposures difficult (it uses a T setting instead.) Makes a nice carry-around camera with a slightly-wide normal lens (the 90) or a terrific moderate wide angle. Decent rangefinder, overall pretty easy to use.

Did I mention how good the lenses were? :)

I gave all my MF film equipment to our art department a few years ago. They actually use it...
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

JohnCox123

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 06:26:27 pm »

I've heard the clicking/buzzing noise is very loud on the shot counter. Is there a work around or is it not that loud?

saltysearabbit

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 06:59:05 pm »

I have had two of these over the years. The noise is not that loud (at least not on the two that i had), Much quieter than any MF SLR. Unless your goal is to be ultra sneeky you will be fine (and if you are trying to be sneeky; using a clown sized leica may get you noticed....) Awesome  Cameras by the way.

Gandalf

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 03:38:05 pm »

Smallest viewfinder I have ever seen on any camera. RF patch is very small, but relatively easy to focus. The 90 mm is a little easier to compose with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up