Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print Settings Too Sticky in PS OS X and Canon 9500  (Read 643 times)

Deepsouth

Print Settings Too Sticky in PS OS X and Canon 9500
« on: March 02, 2013, 10:14:11 pm »

I've opined here before about Canon's my way or nothing approach to prosumer printing. Now I have a new problem. Can't seem to clear print settings in PS CS5 running on Mac OS X and Canon 9500 Mk1.

The problem began when I tried to print to some art paper. It simply will not feed correctly in the front no matter what, so I killed that print job (or so I thought) and set up another job, plain paper with a Canon profile. The printer (or is it PS?) still has the fine art on the brain and is prompting me to front feed, even with plain paper, US Letter, and the Canon IJ2005  profile invoked. I powered off the printer and shut down the computer. Bring everything back up, I double checked the settings, and made sure the rear feed hatch was closed.

No joy. It is still insisting on front feed. If it's the printer, I am hoping that letting it sit unpowered overnight will clear its RAM.

Any ideas appreciated.

Deepsouth

Re: Print Settings Too Sticky in PS OS X and Canon 9500
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 01:26:24 pm »

After some more troubleshooting, I found that it is CS5 that is retaining the print job info. I had to rename the filke and set up a new print job before I could print. Did not see (at a quick glance) how to make PS forget these settings. I'm sure that it is great for a dedicated workflow but not for casual printers like me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up