Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Aptus 75 Focusing Problems  (Read 1644 times)

diogosousa

Leaf Aptus 75 Focusing Problems
« on: March 02, 2013, 06:29:27 pm »

Good evening,

I recently aquired an used Aptus 75 for my 500 C/M from a former Leaf technician. At first it was hard to focus, I though I wasn´t focusing properly. I bought new screens, new lenses... but the problem maintained. There is a huge difference in the image I get in the groundglass and the imagem on the computer. The focused plane is sistematically 5/6cm behind what it was supposed to be. I´ve consulted several technicians that said the camera was ok, I shot with a Phase One back was the focusing was correct, I changed for the Leaf again and the same problem, the focused area was way far than the one selected by me on the groundglass. If I invert the groundglass the focus gets more accurate, but not entirely.

Does anyone have this problem? The guy who sold me said he never had problems, but the truth is that I used a Phase one on an ex-teatcher studio and the focus was correct, and then changed to the Leaf, and the problem came back. We didn´t have time to try the Leaf on his 555ELD.

Do Leaf/Mamiya provide a shim kit to correct this problem? Does anyone have an answer?

Best Regards,
Diogo Sousa

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: Leaf Aptus 75 Focusing Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 08:38:31 am »

There is no shim kit but you can have your back checked and adjusted if necessary

Contact your local Mamiya Leaf dealer: http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/dealers.asp

However I would first get the camera checked

BR

Yair
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:47:57 am by yaya »
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

diogosousa

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 08:44:45 am »

Hello,

the thing it that the Leaf dealer in Portugal, since I didn´t bought the equipment from them (they tried to sell me a second hand back for an incredibly ridiculous price), they don´t care. I called them yesterday to report the problem and they didn´t even listen. They said it was not their problem, that it was between me and the seller, and for them, it was 2500€ to send it to Israel, final.

Regards,
Diogo

Gel

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 09:29:54 am »

It needs adjustment. I had a leaf back with the same problem.

Expensive.

diogosousa

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 10:19:08 am »

Hello Jel,

what did you do at the time?

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 10:45:25 am »

Hi,

If your camera focuses correctly at infinity it is more probable the issue is with the back. The fact that you achieve correct focus wit Phase but not with Leaf indicates that one of the backs is out of register with focusing on the camera you have.

If he camera focuses correctly at infinity with several lenses it would indicate camera is OK.

Best regards
Erik

There is no ship kit but you can have your back checked and adjusted if necessary

Contact your local Mamiya Leaf dealer: http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/dealers.asp

However I would first get the camera checked

BR

Yair
Erik Kaffehr

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 02:10:54 pm »

Hello,

the thing it that the Leaf dealer in Portugal, since I didn´t bought the equipment from them (they tried to sell me a second hand back for an incredibly ridiculous price), they don´t care. I called them yesterday to report the problem and they didn´t even listen. They said it was not their problem, that it was between me and the seller, and for them, it was 2500€ to send it to Israel, final.

Regards,
Diogo

Hi Diogo,

Please contact Ibermagem and ask to speak to Martim Neves. He will have all the info and will advise procedure and cost.

The back may need a service check but before that I would check the camera and/ or try it on a another camera body.

BR

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |
Pages: [1]   Go Up