Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Basin National Park  (Read 1863 times)

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
Great Basin National Park
« on: March 02, 2013, 02:58:45 pm »

I enjoyed reading this article and especially the images of Lexington Arch.  My wife and I worked in Great Basin in 1994 as rangers (interpretation). I remember agreeing to take Mark Citret into Lehman's Cave if he would be willing to look at few of my slides.  Later he sent me a pile of test prints from the cave.

Don I"m jealous that you got to photograph Moffet Field! I grew up driving past it all the time. I remember as a kid getting a tour of it and the wind tunnel? 

dwhitebread

• Contributor
Re: Great Basin National Park
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 06:02:22 pm »

Thanks, it was great to get back out there, but I'd love to have a few months like you did.  I'll have to look for Mark's cave photos.  Moffett Field access was kind of an accident/mistake, and I don't think I'd be able to get it again.  They are pretty sticky about the NASA side of the base, but I don't think I was sneaking up on anybody with my view camera.  They had to take the skin off the big hangar, but Google has offered to replace it if NASA will let them keep their fleet of jets in it.  Only in Silicon Valley...

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up