Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Parts Supplier in Canada?  (Read 3939 times)

Garnick

Epson Parts Supplier in Canada?
« on: March 02, 2013, 09:31:02 am »

Hello all,

I perhaps should have posted this in Eric's thread as well, but wanted make sure it was broadcast to the whole community here.  I will soon be without warranty on my 2010 9900 and looking for a parts distributor in Canada.  Of course there are various suppliers in the U.S. but a lot of them have some sort of agreement with Epson that prohibits them from shipping to Canada.  Actually the only one I've found recently is DTG, in California I believe.  I was going to order two Wiper Blades from them, $16 each, but the shipping was going to be $45+, so I haven't placed that order yet.  I do have a spare and clean the one in the printer occasionally, so I probably don't actually need another one yet.  However, if anyone knows of a good supplier here in the Great White North I would appreciate a heads up.

Thanks, Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

BrianWJH

Re: Epson Parts Supplier in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 10:02:45 pm »

Of course there are various suppliers in the U.S. but a lot of them have some sort of agreement with Epson that prohibits them from shipping to Canada. 

Gary, while one would have thought that restrictions like this might be contrary to agreements like NAFTA and or other country specific "restriction of trade" legislation, at least in spirit if not in direct contravention it appears not to be so.

Cheers,
Brian.

JeffGardner

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 03:48:12 pm »

Try Decison One Corp
(416) 886-8525
25 Kinnear Cort, unit 3
Richmond Hill‎ K4B 1H9

They are an authorized Epson repair centre and provided parts and service for my 7900

Garnick

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 08:58:25 pm »

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.  However, if you have followed my posts on Eric's thread(7900 from the inside out) you surely realize that I am very familiar with D1.  Much more so than I would like to be unfortunately.  My reason for wanting information on an Epson parts retailer is due to the fact that next month by last warranty extension will expire and from that point on I'll be on my own.  Therefore, a parts distributor is crucial, although of course I hope I won't need to be ordering anything in the near future.  Since my original post I have found a supplier in Toronto and their prices are quite competitive with anything I've seen in the U.S. market.  Quite frankly, the only reason I've been dealing with D1 is because they do Epson's warranty work.  Otherwise, well, I think you probably understand where I'm coming from.

Thanks again Jeff.
Gary   
Gary N.

Larry451

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 10:49:05 am »

Hi Gary
who did you find in the GTA area?
thanks
Larry
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:52:17 am by Larry451 »

Luca Ragogna

• PicFoundry
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 03:23:16 pm »

Try Winco Chung @ PTEK 647-282-6821

Or do what i did. Use the Epson until it dies and buy a Canon ;)

Garnick

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 03:12:46 pm »

For those looking for an Epson parts distributor here in Canada, other than D1. I found this company in Toronto and their prices are very competitive with any I've seen in the U.S.  Most of the U.S. distributors won't ship Epson parts to Canada.  This company does NOT service Epson printers, but they do sell the parts.  Go to their site, send an email with a description or part# and they will quote you a price.  I suppose if you need service you will probably be dealing with D1, so you may want to buy the parts from them as well.  Although, it might be a good idea to do a price comparison, if D1 will do the service with parts purchased elsewhere.  The URL for Access follows:

http://www.access.on.ca

Gary
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 04:53:26 pm by Garnick »
Gary N.
Pages: [1]   Go Up