Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 4.4 Beta and Corrupt Catalogs...  (Read 2795 times)

Onslow

LR 4.4 Beta and Corrupt Catalogs...
« on: March 01, 2013, 11:22:48 pm »

Hi I have installed the 4.4 beta on my Win7 12gb machine. It has provided an improvement in performance which I find welcome. I now find it has replaced 4.3 and is using the 4.3 catalog etc. I am correct in this aren't I?
In my Lightroom directory on my 500Gb SSD, I find I have some folders with I suspect, data that can be discarded. Could I have some advice on this please?

====================

Directory called Backups. Contains 1.28Gb in 7 subfolders by date. Keep These? If not, how do I delete them? Windows explorer or should it be done through LR4.4?

Directory called Corrupt Catalogs. Contains 1 file called Lightroom 4 Catalog 190Mb. Keep this?

Directory called Lightroom 4 Catalog Previews.lrdata. Contains 13,076 files 87.9 Gb. I do keep this as it is my 1:1 previews?

Directory called Lightroom Settings. Keep This.

Directory called Lightroom Presets. Keep This.

Directory called temporaryRepairCatalog Previews.lrdata. Contains 10379 files 61.7Gb. Keep this? If not, how do I delete it? Windows explorer or should it be done through LR4.4?

=====================

The last one is of particular concern having 60 odd Gb of corrupt stuff on the drive that can't be used.

Any advice is appreciated on this thanks.
Cheers

Onslow

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: LR 4.4 Beta and Corrupt Catalogs...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 04:41:15 am »

I can't help with everything and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to advise, but I think you're correct to say you need the previews, settings and presets.  but the backups folder should contain more folders (named by date) that contain LR's routine backups.
You can delete as many as you're happy to loose, I'd suggest keeping a couple of the pre-update ones at the very least. I've always regarded deleting old backup folders as part of the routine housekeeping myself.

The ...corrupt... and ....temprepai...  I suspect could be deleted. If you're in a hurry to get the space back, just copy them off somewhere else safe with a different name, delete them and see if anything gets broken. If it does have consequences, restore the folders, if not delete them at your leisure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up