Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 137   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 2  (Read 572617 times)

Rob C

Re: Without Prejudice 2
« Reply #1580 on: May 12, 2016, 05:40:18 am »

A little more violently:

Rob C

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #1581 on: May 12, 2016, 05:41:12 am »

Rob, spilled orange juice, or time for a Tena pad?  :)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #1582 on: May 12, 2016, 07:16:47 am »

A little more violently:

Rob C

Cant't be blood, wrong Value... : )

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #1583 on: May 12, 2016, 04:07:25 pm »

Some black/white:

Rob C

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #1584 on: May 12, 2016, 04:15:38 pm »

Hi Rob,

Another sweet, frozen in time dream...

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #1585 on: May 12, 2016, 04:31:07 pm »

Hi Rob,

Another sweet, frozen in time dream...

Peter

It's my Pygmalion moment: I can't stop gazing into her face. Lord above, help me.

Rob C

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #1586 on: May 12, 2016, 05:21:46 pm »

It's my Pygmalion moment: I can't stop gazing into her face. Lord above, help me.

Rob C

She or He will...

Peter

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1587 on: May 13, 2016, 12:41:16 am »

Apparently, the Art Institute of Chicago uses plexiglass for their windows, so, when you use a polarizer, you get rainbow colors all over:

Polarizer + Plexi
by Slobodan Blagojevic, on Flickr
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 12:26:58 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Tony Jay

« Reply #1588 on: May 13, 2016, 12:58:04 am »

Fascinating result!

Have you showed this image to said Institute Slobodan?

Tony Jay

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1589 on: May 13, 2016, 07:07:45 am »

So what's going on with the rainbow effect on the tower behind?

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1590 on: May 13, 2016, 07:13:18 am »

Some black/white:

[the beauty spot]

Nice freezing of a frozen model :-) I wonder if Cindy Crawford ever tried to patent her famous spot? I think Harley Davidson attempted to patent the supposed unique exhaust noise of their two-wheeled tractors, and these days Samsung and Apple lodge patents on the roundness of the corners on their phones, so I wouldn't see it as unwinnable. Your lovely abstract may also have been approaching Klein blue as well :-)

Rob C

« Reply #1591 on: May 13, 2016, 11:49:47 am »

Nice freezing of a frozen model :-) I wonder if Cindy Crawford ever tried to patent her famous spot? I think Harley Davidson attempted to patent the supposed unique exhaust noise of their two-wheeled tractors, and these days Samsung and Apple lodge patents on the roundness of the corners on their phones, so I wouldn't see it as unwinnable. Your lovely abstract may also have been approaching Klein blue as well :-)

Hi Graham,

Re Cindy, I wonder if her contracts precluded retouching the spot out?

Actually, I think the Harleys do have a pretty good sales point with their exhaust tone; they are about the only bikes with the thunder frequency which can make itself heard before you catch vision in the mirror. Good for safety - car people are made aware there's a two-wheeler in town without having had to catch sight first, and often too late.

Went to Palma today, after putting it off for days due to bad weather. It was sunny when I left home, and when I arrived there. Took the watch to the dealer (prime motivation for the trip; dealer today promised me a two-month turnaround), and then I started to shoot windows, hoping for more "Cindies" but with hair. To my surprise, I realised that hardly any of these creations do sport hair anymore (an expression of Palma chic?) - or even faces: the top parts seem to have morphed into liquid blob sculpture. What a drag... been hoping for a pretty face all the drive down. To console myself, I had a cup of tea coffee.

But all was not lost: instead of having a snack lunch, I ended up sheltering under a variety of arches and doorways as the heavens burst upon me. So, no lunch, but a few snaps of people getting very wet instead. Naturally, I found myself with the wrong camera: the D200 and its limitations under low light. But maybe those will add flavour after all; and as token non sequitur, not an Afghan Girl in sight. But there was one very charming poster also taking refuge from the storm (inside a cosmetics shop) that I couldn't resist... couldn't quite decide if I hated the photographer for having the reality, or myself for stooping so low as to kneel at their collective feet and go click! I think I shall just look upon it as as demonstration of huge admiration. There you are: decision made and no need to solicit moral advice!

But hey, the feeling of shooting in the rain (when you are dry) is strange. Made me think of HC-B photographing an artistic friend crossing the street in the rain. You probably know the image, so I won't bother hunting out the book to name and blame. Of course, I have no way of knowing if Henri got wet or not, but his friend clearly did.

Life can be quote enjoyable at times, despite everything that gets in the way.

;-)

Rob

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1592 on: May 13, 2016, 12:31:03 pm »

So what's going on with the rainbow effect on the tower behind?

I was shooting from within the building (the modern wing), through the same type of glass/plexi, hence the double effect. It is in the sky too.

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #1593 on: May 13, 2016, 12:54:35 pm »

But hey, the feeling of shooting in the rain (when you are dry) is strange. Made me think of HC-B photographing an artistic friend crossing the street in the rain. You probably know the image, so I won't bother hunting out the book to name and blame. Of course, I have no way of knowing if Henri got wet or not, but his friend clearly did.

;-)

Rob

Alberto Giacometti and it is a great shot...

Peter

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #1594 on: May 13, 2016, 02:20:35 pm »

Alberto Giacometti and it is a great shot...

Peter
That's the one where A G is crossing a street and pulling his raincoat up?
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #1595 on: May 14, 2016, 04:05:08 am »

That's the one.

There were probably more decisive moments going down, but I haven't seen the contact sheets... ;-)

Rob

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #1596 on: May 14, 2016, 05:28:55 am »

I feel slightly embarrassed posting this one. It's a bloody sunset shot, and yes, I know ...

What i want to know is, why has Capture One insisted on exporting this Fujifilm X100s file full size, rather than the much reduced size I'd set it to export it as? I've done it again & again, but it still comes out as a full-sized jpeg, whereas Nikon files come out as intended. Odd.

Anyway, here it is, lowering the tone from informed conversation about HCB, to another bleedin' sunset photo <insert embarrassed emoticon here>

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1597 on: May 14, 2016, 06:12:16 am »

There were probably more decisive moments going down, but I haven't seen the contact sheets... ;-)

Well, I found two

https://p2.liveauctioneers.com/404/9340/1901825_1_l.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9e/d4/74/9ed474db57584dfb785059dbf464ee41.jpg

I can't resist the snide comment that someone should have cloned out that tree :)

And Bill, your happy sunset shows up at 1200x800 on my pc... ?

Rob C

« Reply #1598 on: May 14, 2016, 06:13:53 am »

From yesterday's unexpected storm. Not Alberto Giacometti in Paris, 1961, but perhaps - at a stretch since I don't know her - Alberta G in Palma in 2016. Regardless, she's got a cuter ass than he, or any other of his gender, could ever have. (Disclaimer: personal opinion.)

A thing I noticed, since I had a camera with me: the great majority of women caught up in this yesterday seemed, instinctively, to do one of two things: either cover their hair, or cover the breast region of whatever they were wearing. Strange, but interesting, which somehow reminds me of the Rowan & Martin position on similar matters.

Rob

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #1599 on: May 14, 2016, 06:55:14 am »

And Bill, your happy sunset shows up at 1200x800 on my pc... ?

Say thanks to GraphicConverter :-)
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 137   Go Up