Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 137   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 2  (Read 572124 times)

Rob C

Re: Without Prejudice 2
« Reply #1360 on: February 19, 2016, 02:54:20 pm »

As long as you can still sometimes find the sweet and not only the bitter, you'll be OK.

Eric

Fingers crossed!

;-)

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #1361 on: February 19, 2016, 02:57:08 pm »

Mjollnir, you may not have known 'what you were doing' but you did it well anyhow!

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #1362 on: February 19, 2016, 04:50:51 pm »

Another cheerful pick-me-up...

;-)

Rob C

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #1363 on: February 19, 2016, 05:30:53 pm »

Mjollnir, you may not have known 'what you were doing' but you did it well anyhow!

Rob C
+1.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #1364 on: February 21, 2016, 11:26:29 am »

Bad circulation makes my winter fingers a bit uncomfortable - well, more than a soupçon cold and unresponsive - much as my toes at night. That means that I'm often to be found wearing gloves when mere mortals continue life as if nothing were amiss. An example of this was lunchtime, Friday: in my pockets I hid a pair of those gloves without fingertips so that I could wield the knife and fork, and for the street I had the full-duty alternative. I'm serious here: bad circ. can make simple tools, as mentioned, feel dangerously out of control, and as bad, physically painful. Clearly, fighting a camera is not one of those things called a priority.

I give you this amazing information not gratuitously, but because I want to explain, if only to myself, why I may be running short of fresh imagery these past few days. Forewarned is supposedly forearmed (again, not physically as in bones,) and so that's why I'm rolling out my little red carpet to Memory Lane.

A print of a shot made in the days when one could access the field in front of my place. It was a Nikkor 4.5/300 IFED wot shot the tree, which is actually quite crisp, an amazing feat as the focussing ring was far too slack, and even the act of letting it go was enough to shift focus... It was printed on a very cheap Epson office letter printer, and I was never able to match the colours when I eventually got my eventually deceased HP B9180; oddly, it still hasn't faded, in that I can still see it perfectly well, but it might have changed colour a few times. I didn't need gloves when I shot the thing as picture-on-wall. Obviously, it wasn't winter.

;-)

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1365 on: February 24, 2016, 11:18:43 am »

Ah, meta-photography, I like :-)

Which reminds me, my mobile phone photo of a man taking a photo of a painting of a photographer shooting a wedding... from Fine Arts Museum in Lyon

Rob C

« Reply #1366 on: February 24, 2016, 03:33:30 pm »

Ah, meta-photography, I like :-)

Which reminds me, my mobile phone photo of a man taking a photo of a painting of a photographer shooting a wedding... from Fine Arts Museum in Lyon

Cool! Like that kinda cookie stuff too, as you see.

;-)

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #1367 on: February 26, 2016, 09:40:59 am »

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1368 on: February 29, 2016, 03:04:54 am »

More feet...

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #1369 on: February 29, 2016, 03:20:26 am »

I went to a Saul Leiter exhibition in London and apart from being very impressed I was surprised by how many disembodied legs appeared in the photographs. I think it's still on in the Photographers' Gallery, free entry before noon.

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1370 on: February 29, 2016, 03:51:27 am »

He seemed like a very unassuming man... perhaps he shared my reluctance to aim a camera at strangers faces ?

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #1371 on: February 29, 2016, 03:54:45 am »

I think it's more probable that you both see patterns and interesting juxtapositions in these legs.

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1372 on: February 29, 2016, 04:25:08 am »

I don't think I'd dare compare myself to Saul Leiter in that way :-)

Thanks for the tip on the exhibition, haven't been to London for a bit...

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #1373 on: February 29, 2016, 04:27:01 am »

I see my son from time to time and try to get the PG ideally before noon but it's only 3 quid anyway. Always something interesting IME.

Rob C

« Reply #1374 on: February 29, 2016, 08:31:08 am »

I don't think I'd dare compare myself to Saul Leiter in that way :-)

Thanks for the tip on the exhibition, haven't been to London for a bit...

I don't see Saul as surrealist; I see him as a guy with an eye for beauty wherever he was able to find it.

I see myself as totally lost; fish out if water. I know what I like, sometimes it finds me, but control? Not on your life! Other than in commercial, but that's something usually else - even historical, in fact!

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #1375 on: February 29, 2016, 08:34:36 am »

The power of advertising touches us, even where it's not trying to score.

Rob

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1376 on: February 29, 2016, 10:10:33 am »

I see myself as totally lost; fish out if water. I know what I like, sometimes it finds me, but control? Not on your life!

I rather liked a blog entry on The Online Photographer the other day, wherein he launched an attack on previsualisation and lauded the role of chance. I'm sure someone has called this Creative Chaos and added a TM to it...

In fact that's how I see the work of HCB : having a finely tuned intuition for what will happen, the reflexes and anticipation to often be in a position to capture it, and so increasing the odds that among the vast number of photographs he made, some masterpieces happened. Hence my rather ill-tempered response to the front page article suggesting that somehow he already knew what he was going to photograph, together with its Jungian interpretations and literary references, so he just had to wait until the pieces all arranged themselves in front of his Leica and he was able to press the button and shout "Voilà, ça y est !"

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #1377 on: February 29, 2016, 02:27:06 pm »

B&W - Dow Crag (originally, and still properly pronounced 'Doe Crag'), from just below Buck Pike, English Lake District.

Col - The view from Buck Pike towards Brown Pike & the sun glinting off the Duddon Estuary, English Lake District.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #1378 on: February 29, 2016, 02:28:59 pm »

Sometimes when I have no real camera with me my phone has to do the honours

pieter, aka pegelli

Rob C

« Reply #1379 on: February 29, 2016, 02:42:47 pm »

I rather liked a blog entry on The Online Photographer the other day, wherein he launched an attack on previsualisation and lauded the role of chance. I'm sure someone has called this Creative Chaos and added a TM to it...

I really like that, Graham; might even start to bandy it about should people be rash enough to ask me about my approach to 'concepts' and stuff! Creative Chaos, hmm.. I like that very much. At least, it's not an "ism"!

Rob C
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 137   Go Up