Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 137   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 2  (Read 572071 times)

Rob C

Re: Without Prejudice 2
« Reply #1080 on: October 07, 2015, 03:20:03 pm »

Hell, Rob, winter is approaching together with that low sun. Man, get yourself that chair and wheel out that pod and cat!

Actually, I was thinking about trying to use it to get some weird market shots, but I think I'll save them until my ND arrives, which won't fit that lens anyway.

Unless my gut settles soon I won't be doing much of anything. I was sick (violently) most of Sunday night, stayed in bed Monday till noon and eat nothing but drank lots of water. Tuesday I went out to lunch, where the owner told me it wasn't me, it was something doing the rounds: he and his son had had two days of it! That was all I needed: decided that was where I'd picked it up! Felt grim all today and made myself some rice. As they said at the end of the famous movie: tomorrow's another day!

Cheers!

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #1081 on: October 08, 2015, 12:15:35 pm »

Rob, get well soon!

Thanks - had lunch out again today and feel quite good! Time for another snap, in fact!

Rob C

graeme

« Reply #1082 on: October 11, 2015, 01:13:48 pm »

A few from St Michael's, Kirby Malham, UK.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #1083 on: October 12, 2015, 05:30:06 am »

armand

• Photos
« Reply #1084 on: October 12, 2015, 11:23:18 pm »

One of the rare times (as in 2) when I managed to carry the Tamron 150-600 with me.
Focus works well with a D750, here are a couple of examples.

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #1085 on: October 13, 2015, 03:00:50 am »

Rob - nice lunch time shot. Nicely balanced in composition and tone.

graeme

« Reply #1086 on: October 13, 2015, 04:08:55 am »

Could say the same about Armand's 2 photos: Looks like the little guy's hiding & the big one's seeking.

Rob C

« Reply #1087 on: October 13, 2015, 04:16:42 am »

Thanks - but I think I misled you: "lunchtime shot" was a reference to my feeling like posting a shot after lunch on the day of the post, not that I'd made it that day! But it was made after lunch a year on two ago - it's the daily period I seem to find most energy to do much of anything!

Armand's two shots do make for perfect mutual companions, the one to the other.

Rob C
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:18:51 pm by Rob C »

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #1088 on: October 15, 2015, 07:41:34 am »

I wanted a grainy moonlit seascape, but time was short, and the weather wasn't about to deliver any visible moon before we left, so I improvised a bit, and thought I could sort things in processing. So a daytime shot, but hopefully looking a little bit moonish. Whaddya think? Does it work?

BobDavid

« Reply #1089 on: October 15, 2015, 09:15:29 am »

I wanted a grainy moonlit seascape, but time was short, and the weather wasn't about to deliver any visible moon before we left, so I improvised a bit, and thought I could sort things in processing. So a daytime shot, but hopefully looking a little bit moonish. Whaddya think? Does it work?

I think cropping the picture on the right-side, just beyond the driftwood, will strengthen the composition. I think it's okay to open up the upper sky to let the grain show. This image will look great on cotton natural hot press paper. When looking at your picture, I am reminded of Nicéphore Niépce.

BobDavid

« Reply #1090 on: October 15, 2015, 09:17:18 am »

I think cropping the picture on the right-side, split the difference between the moon and the right-side edge, will strengthen the composition. I think it's okay to open up the upper sky to let the grain show. This image will look great on cotton natural hot press paper. When looking at your picture, I am reminded of Nicéphore Niépce.

BobDavid

« Reply #1091 on: October 15, 2015, 09:22:35 am »

I think cropping the picture on the right-side, halfway between the moon and the edge of the frame, will strengthen the composition. Why not open up the upper sky a shade or two to let the grain show? This picture has a tactile quality that will render well on natural hot press cotton paper. As I look at it, I am reminded of Nicéphore Niépce's famous first photo.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:24:57 am by BobDavid »

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #1092 on: October 15, 2015, 09:24:43 am »

Thanks for that. The crop would cut out the sun/moon lit rocks on the beach. I quite like them. Off to look up Nicéphore Niépce

Edit: to add that I now feel slightly embarrassed for not knowing who he was
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:27:06 am by Chairman Bill »

BobDavid

« Reply #1093 on: October 15, 2015, 10:22:55 am »

Thanks for that. The crop would cut out the sun/moon lit rocks on the beach. I quite like them. Off to look up Nicéphore Niépce

Edit: to add that I now feel slightly embarrassed for not knowing who he was

Nicéphore Niépce is not exactly a household name.

Rob C

« Reply #1094 on: October 15, 2015, 11:59:32 am »

Nicéphore Niépce is not exactly a household name.

Nope, a gallerista's wet dream is closer. You ain't missed much, Mr Chairman; rarity doesn't equate with quality! (As I get banned from cultivated society...)

;-)

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #1095 on: October 15, 2015, 12:00:58 pm »

I think cropping the picture on the right-side, halfway between the moon and the edge of the frame, will strengthen the composition. Why not open up the upper sky a shade or two to let the grain show? This picture has a tactile quality that will render well on natural hot press cotton paper. As I look at it, I am reminded of Nicéphore Niépce's famous first photo.

Ahem.. this is Without Prejudice...

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #1096 on: October 15, 2015, 01:19:11 pm »

It's good, Bill, and I like it, but you aren't going to fool anyone into thinking that it was taken at night.

Jeremy

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #1097 on: October 15, 2015, 01:28:21 pm »

It's good, Bill, and I like it, but you aren't going to fool anyone into thinking that it was taken at night.

Jeremy

:-(

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #1098 on: October 15, 2015, 03:34:16 pm »

For Maggie

John R

« Reply #1099 on: October 15, 2015, 09:51:17 pm »

Rob, really enjoyed your 'fats domino' and 'five' images. You must be entering a new phase, where your try to find new ways of seeing ordinary things in new ways.

JR
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 137   Go Up