Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 137   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 2  (Read 572149 times)

Rob C

Re: Without Prejudice 2
« Reply #560 on: January 04, 2014, 01:00:00 pm »

As a celebratory gesture to the world at large, and for Christoph for 'encouraging' me to hike: Tomb Raider Coke makes her grand entrance.

Some mother of a cushion he sports; high-tensile steel with lead filling.

(Directly into the W8 fire 'n' brimstone via the SanDisk! Might sound like a normal event, but for me, this marked a moment of magic: it worked again!)

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:50:26 pm by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #561 on: January 04, 2014, 03:18:01 pm »

from my mostly irrelevant perspective,

fuckin awesome man!

And so's this: where classic rock'n'roll meets classic blues.

W.C. Handy must be wondering how to make some money out of this little number!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmVeNSGTas

Rob C

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #562 on: January 06, 2014, 01:58:39 am »

As a celebratory gesture to the world at large, and for Christoph for 'encouraging' me to hike: Tomb Raider Coke makes her grand entrance.

Some mother of a cushion he sports; high-tensile steel with lead filling.

(Directly into the W8 fire 'n' brimstone via the SanDisk! Might sound like a normal event, but for me, this marked a moment of magic: it worked again!)

Rob C

I like it - as well as the one from the abandoned house!
And good to see you went back there, I myself am still working on the images I took on Mallorca, sorting from the almost 1000 frames I shot there. The area around that necropolis has a lot of interesting details. I remember a broken down stone hut which looks like being from some medieval era and other rock formations.

Cheers
~Chris

Rob C

« Reply #563 on: January 07, 2014, 02:47:13 pm »

Further head-shot spoof in honour of a couple of heroes:

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:50:39 pm by Rob C »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #564 on: January 07, 2014, 06:31:30 pm »

Nice face-on shot, but where's the profile?
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #565 on: January 08, 2014, 01:55:30 am »

I thought that was the profile!?  Maybe it's the angle of my monitor.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rob C

« Reply #566 on: January 08, 2014, 04:18:24 am »

Quite close, but both mistaken: I used the disguise of both Hurrell and Watson to purposely mislead: it's actually after Picasso: cubism, where you get all of the perspectives/elevations at once. I was going to call it Postcard from Cannes, but felt that might be a bit pretentious (hadn't thought of it, in fact) so settled for something with a more 'photographic' connotation...

Cunning, what?

;-)

Rob C

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #567 on: January 09, 2014, 01:47:31 am »

Of course! Makes perfect sense, now that you've laid it all out like that.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rob C

« Reply #568 on: January 09, 2014, 04:24:58 pm »

Okay then, solitary Cokes go nuts, so in order to prevent such a calamity I introduced Ms Coke to a trio of fireside ornaments. Well, fireside, but at a level above the part where the poker and similar rough stuff reside. I wouldn't let a poker anywhere near her!

Oddly, reminds me of the garlic swan.

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:50:52 pm by Rob C »

WalterEG

« Reply #569 on: January 09, 2014, 05:55:55 pm »

Rob,

Was Raymond Loewy the personal trainer of Ms Coke who trimmed her proportions to render the sensuous siren with whom you currently flirt?

Possibly so.

Of course, he was also the designer of some great cars for Studebaker in a time when they produced highly distinctive mechanical lust buckets.  To say nothing of some really neat Boys' Own Annual styles steam locomotives for the Pennsylvania Railroad.

From the time of the founding fathers on, it seems there is a lot of French in many a USofA icon.

Cheers,

W
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:39:30 am by WalterEG »

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #570 on: January 09, 2014, 06:36:38 pm »

I might say this kind of group activity cannot be condoned here in LuLa land. I might say, but I won't ;)
PS Kinda suggestive, no Rob?

Rob C

« Reply #571 on: January 10, 2014, 04:51:10 am »

Rob,

Was Raymond Loewy the personal trainer of Ms Coke who trimmed her proportions to render the sensuous siren with whom you currently flirt?

Possibly so.

Of course, he was also the designer of some great cars for Studebaker in a time when they produced highly distinctive mechanical lust buckets.  To say nothing of some really neat Boys' Own Annual styles steam locomotives for the Pennsylvania Railroad.

From the time of the founding fathers on, it seems there is a lot of French in many a USofA icon.

Cheers,

W

Walter, my memories of Studie ended in '53 when we returned to the UK from the Indian idyll, just in time to be somewhere on the high seas when Everest was defeated and a princess became a queen. Returning to Britain was a culture shock, but it did result in my first bicycle: a red Raleigh Lenton, that I instantly personalized by doing the handlebars (why is it the convention to use the plural when, in reality, there is but a single bar?) up with white tape. That was my precursor to what became more famous as the Harley Earl fins. That every other third kid also used tape is neither here not there. Well, it was there, but made not a jot of difference to the feeling in my head. I was easily satisfied.

Studebaker rings the bell for me as being the very first 'going both ways at once' car that I recall seeing. Prior to that, they all made distinctions between fore and aft design; perhaps the Hudson Hornet was also guilty of seductive, ambivalent sin... In Britain we had the silly little Nash Metropolitan. I passed a parked old Jaguar yesterday - a quick peek confirmed my long-held belief that Jag made the most handsome cockpits of all time.

David, any suggestive motifs are to be found within the personal psyche of the viewer; perhaps some see Marilyn with a soupçon d'art décoratif thrown in for company, and proof of the concept of diamonds being a girl's best friend? I simply toss the dice to fall where they may.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:53:04 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #572 on: January 10, 2014, 08:31:49 am »

Rob,

Possibly so.

Cheers,

W

Not to mention the eponymous king of them all: Cadillac, on the banks of the mighty Garonne!

Rob C

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #573 on: January 10, 2014, 09:06:49 am »

David, any suggestive motifs are to be found within the personal psyche of the viewer; perhaps some see Marilyn with a soupçon d'art décoratif thrown in for company, and proof of the concept of diamonds being a girl's best friend?
Ah, I thought so! Are you suggesting (!) a soupçon de mea culpa? Is that like mixing metaphors? Which would be a simile, no? ;)

Rob C

« Reply #574 on: January 10, 2014, 11:00:37 am »

Ah, I thought so! Are you suggesting (!) a soupçon de mea culpa? Is that like mixing metaphors? Which would be a simile, no? ;)

David, I blame no-one! Those stones - no, the other sort - are too close to the windows for comfortable chucking.

Regarding the mixing of metaphors or similes: had a friend in the late 70s who was into citizen's band radio. He used to call roundabouts MixMasters for some obscure reason; "breaker, one-nine" was a frequent phrase of his.... But he did have a really cool electrically erected aerial that came up from the tail of his car and seemed never to stop growing. Very impressive indeed, but worrying for any casual date, I'd have imagined, a sort of harbinger of things to come, though personally, of course, I don't know. For myself, the most memorable car-thing from the period was the delightful Daisy Duke of Hazzard County. She, too, seemed to have things - legs, in her case - that never stopped reaching ever upwards to the skies.

Ahh....

Rob C

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #575 on: January 10, 2014, 12:39:57 pm »

;D I just can't keep up ;)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #576 on: January 10, 2014, 01:16:02 pm »

Walter, my memories of Studie ended in '53 when we returned to the UK from the Indian idyll, just in time to be somewhere on the high seas when Everest was defeated and a princess became a queen.

Sorry to be picky, Rob, but by the time '53 came round, the princess had been a queen for some time (more than a year, when Everest was climbed). Not officially crowned, but a queen nevertheless. Assuming you're talking about Liz 2, that is.

Jeremy

WalterEG

« Reply #577 on: January 10, 2014, 01:22:41 pm »

Assuming you're talking about Liz 2, that is.

Jeremy

Who, so far as Glagow based Rob was concerned would more likely have been Liz 1.  LOL

Rob C

« Reply #578 on: January 10, 2014, 02:31:49 pm »

Sorry to be picky, Rob, but by the time '53 came round, the princess had been a queen for some time (more than a year, when Everest was climbed). Not officially crowned, but a queen nevertheless. Assuming you're talking about Liz 2, that is.

Jeremy

That's what might be called a matter of opinion. Without being crowned, it's like thinking you've won the lottery before your bank has the money in your account. I was going to write safely in your account, but thought that might be a bit rash.

;-)

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #579 on: January 10, 2014, 02:33:49 pm »

Who, so far as Glagow based Rob was concerned would more likely have been Liz 1.  LOL

For sure, Liz Taylor!

I never quite grasped that fact, but women swooned. I don't think many men did, though. Funny thing, sex appeal.

Rob C
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 137   Go Up