Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 137   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 2  (Read 571922 times)

Rob C

Re: Without Prejudice 2
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2013, 06:10:24 pm »

Another Velvia in France; this time via 2.8/24mm AIS Nikkor stuck through a tight railing on a little bridge.

On which happy note, I'm off to my bed with a sore gut. Perhaps I should have stayed home for lunch.

Rob C
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:14:08 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2013, 09:43:50 am »

Passing thought.

Rob C

I like her...

http://youtu.be/w29BaEk0sC0
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:14:20 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2013, 06:13:53 pm »

Summer might be back.

Rob C
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:14:49 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2013, 10:42:45 am »

Another square one from the protype Hasselfake D700 that I'm wont to cart about on those rare occasions when I forget what a weight all that stuff turns out to be two minutes after I get out of the car.

http://youtu.be/qO18k215gpk

Rob C
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:15:02 am by Rob C »

WalterEG

« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2013, 12:50:16 pm »

You'd think they'd get a sign-writer who could spell Lifebuoy and Extinguisher, wouldn't you.  I mean, REALYY!

Rob C

« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2013, 02:00:07 pm »

You'd think they'd get a sign-writer who could spell Lifebuoy and Extinguisher, wouldn't you.  I mean, REALYY!

It's done on purpose to confuse the tourists: they wait until it's too late and either the boat catches fire, or sinks, or both. On the other hand, I suppose they may just be getting ready in case of a wave of protesters setting themselves alight this summer.

Extinguish them with a blow job in red, I suppose. Reminds me of a movie.

Rob C

John R

« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2013, 02:33:46 pm »

Taken today in well known High Park in Toronto, which is teeming with people because the Cherry trees are in blossom. So too are the Willows, and lovely they are!

JMR

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:42:52 pm by John R »

Rob C

« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2013, 01:37:40 pm »

Marine finishes; my wood varnishing never turns out like this, regardless of coats... May as well give up ;-(

Rob C
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:15:22 am by Rob C »

WalterEG

« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2013, 04:13:26 pm »

Rob,

Perfect that technique and apply it to the bedroom ceiling as an alternative to the "mirrors on the ceiling; pink champagne on ice" of that hotel in Californ-i-a.

Rob C

« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2013, 04:52:54 pm »

Rob,

Perfect that technique and apply it to the bedroom ceiling as an alternative to the "mirrors on the ceiling; pink champagne on ice" of that hotel in Californ-i-a.

Small problem Walter: what would I have to watch? (The tv lives in the sitting room.)

It's my least used room - probably ties with the kitchen in that respect. In fact, the most used one is the office where I spend the hours gazing through the LaCie. With my ears on, sad songs alternating with upbeat boogieish ones in my head, I pass the while away in distant lands while a hospital in Larose, Louisiana offers me early scans 'just in case' as the night wears along. Alternatively, I suppose I could give in to the offers of a wonderful deal from the car vendors... just like Chuck's "c'mon try it you can buy it you can pay me next week" adventures.

The sun has quite some heat in it now; the car is covered in dust and a single, white bird crap. A year ago that would have led to an instant wash for it. The kitchen is an assault course: some of the units have been emptied, washed, and one varnished; the rest are awaiting my second wind after this lot gets done... I never knew I had so much stuff hidden away; I just dumpoed a large plastic bag filled with many other empty plastic bags - I always thought they would come in useful. I hope I don't think of getting up tonight and going for a drink of anything: I'd break my neck in there. It scares me witless imagining the process if I actually get to sell the place. Probably kill me, sort of defeating the point of the exercise. Have you noticed how the space that you have is never enought to hold the shit that you have? And the less you buy, the more the problem seems to increase. There's definitely opportunity for academic research there. No, not in the kitchen, in the oddity of the phenomenon.

Rob C
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:54:33 pm by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2013, 02:55:39 pm »

Another Hasselfake shot from last Sunday - nobody knew there was a gig until three hours before... worse than photography as a way of life!

Rob C
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:15:38 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2013, 05:05:55 am »

Some agricultural thoughts. Okay, just the dissolution of the hand of Man in the landscape.

(Or simply some rotted wood, with salvation in the promise of fresh weeds.)

Rob C
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:15:53 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2013, 02:11:05 pm »

A struggle for life, I suppose; isn't it always thus, regardless of how much you win?

Rob C
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:16:10 am by Rob C »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2013, 09:59:44 pm »

Life is inherently fatal, Rob... AND it's sexually transmitted!  :o

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rob C

« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2013, 04:26:58 am »

Life is inherently fatal, Rob... AND it's sexually transmitted!  :o

Mike.

I realise you say this mostly in jest, but isn't that truth just so sad?

I was stunned to hear about Angelina J on the news today; made me think of my own wife who lost her life to C around 4.5 years ago and I wondered whether Angelina's solution was any solution at all. In the cases of breast cancer that I've known about personally, it may start in a breast but doesn't necessarily cross over to the other but does have the ability to appear in different, unexpected areas. Seems very unpredictable and isn't even confined to a single type of tumour. In my wife's case, the three oncologists she had over the four years of it were unable to tell if it was hereditary or not; the best they could offer was that if it were, then it would probably have manifested itself at a younger age - say during the twenties. So little is known... I sort of find myself thinking that prevention à la Angelina is understandable but perhaps not any answer: you die anyway, of something, and perhaps leading a full life, even if shorter, is preferrable to a longer one less satisfying. You can't run the race twice, so will never know.

How the hell can any man be cruel to a woman?

Rob C

Mjollnir

« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2013, 08:07:16 am »

Rob C

« Reply #156 on: May 16, 2013, 10:33:47 am »

Shot a couple of weeks ago or so, thought summer had arrived (at last!), but today it's dripping down and cold again. Snow today and yesterday in parts of Spain...

It can't last - can it?

Rob C
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:16:29 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2013, 11:50:36 am »

Miserable day; gloom, and undercooked slice of breaded pork at lunch which I didn't realise was undercooked on one corner until about 4/5ths the way through. I detest risks with pork and fowl...

Anyway, simply to cheer myself up, I decided to forget the usual walk and go home just in case I felt sick. I didn't (feel sick), so instead, I took apart the camera and glued on the 500mm cat and took it walkies instead.

Together we braved the threat of rain and then bam! it came when I was happily trying to shoot some mad souls skimming across the slate-grey ocean. However, just before I surrendered to the superior force, I snatched this one of El Águila, which in some lights, is appropriately named. Usually, that's early in the afternoon on a summer's day with the sun shining on the left side.

What can you do? You take what you can get. Especially when you live on location.

;-)

Rob C

P.S. Wot! No doughnuts? I hear someone protest.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:16:48 am by Rob C »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2013, 11:11:15 pm »

Beautiful!  Well worth the effort.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Dahlmann

« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2013, 01:28:18 am »

Yes I put the leafs on the rock =)