Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 137   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 2  (Read 571847 times)

Rob C

Re: Without Prejudice 2
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2013, 12:20:53 pm »

And for all that's what its worth, my best friend, who never smoked, ran three miles every day, ate the best diet I think I 've ever known anyone to eat, dropped dead in his kitchen making a fruit & yogurt smoothie (he was 58). Even with his healthy ways, he was blocked more than 95% in every major aortic artery. Way more than 65% of all cardiac disease is genetic. My great aunt died at age 92 while trying to ride her tricycle up a steep hill. She did die of cardiac failure. She smoked a pack of chesterfield's (unfiltered) about every two days and never missed a hot toddy at night. She always ate whatever she wanted and exercized sparingly except for the trike which she used weekly to go to the corner grocer. She and her sisters, all of whom lived well into their 90's had good genes as does my mother who is still cranking right along at 88. And so it goes.

As to the pills you take to not cack from a heart attack also stopping other physical pleasures...that's what they make the little blue pills for.

Exceptions to every rule, indeed, but I still don't like the idea of skydiving!

Regarding blue pills: living alone now it's academic; if not living alone, from the selfish perspective I can think of few greater disincentives towards copulative delight than needing to benefit from them. Alternatively, from any partner's perspective, what a blow to think your mate has to be doped in order to find you exciting enough to light his candle!

Maybe there is something to skydiving after all!

;-)

Rob C

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2013, 01:06:33 pm »

Indeed!  ;D
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 12:43:51 am »

A common woman~

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 01:00:50 pm »

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 02:57:01 pm »

I'm finally losing it: I see a woman's torso.

But then I am suffering from 'flu right now. My wife would have called it a cold.

Rob C

nemo295

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2013, 11:59:01 am »

West Span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge in fog.

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2013, 08:40:09 pm »

The air looks suspended and balanced as well as the bridge.

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2013, 01:39:51 am »

...pleasant dreams
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:07:52 am by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2013, 12:53:36 am »

Enfold..
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:36:59 am by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2013, 05:19:09 am »

A few closer to home. Went on two outings with the club to get some "architecture" shots. So I helped teach what visual design is all about. And when you practice what you have learned you can see subjects as elements within a picture space and hopefully arrange them beyond the standard view.

I love the first one, John.

Jeremy

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2013, 09:27:33 am »

Enfold..

Patricia, I saw your first, color, version late last night, too tired to respond how much I like it, how much it is "my" type of photograph, leaving it for the next day. I see now that you replaced it with a b&w version (or perhaps even a different photograph). For me, it creates a completely different impression, and is one of those cases where color is so much better. Amy chance to see it again?

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2013, 10:12:08 am »

Patricia,

I love "Unwake."
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2013, 10:17:39 am »

Patricia, I saw your first, color, version late last night,...  Any chance to see it again?

Slobodan, was in the process last night of packing a four day trekking back pack for a hike along a coastal area of Maine. I reserve a room at the end of the hike for laptop,xHD and a folder or two of things I've been thinking about. Was sipping a warm beverage before turning in, and sat with this for a while ...things have a way of settling down and emerging when I return to one this way. The bw bookplate is a way of seeing it for future seeing...and why I posted it here..just thought it might hold some thought triggers for others. I find myself wondering of late if it is really fair of me to inflict this on members here...My sense of discretion seems to evaporate at the edge of sleep.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:21:14 am by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2013, 10:28:42 am »

I have to disagree with Slobodan on this one but likely for completely different reasons. the B&W look to me more like an aerial view of of a great rift in the earth's crust whereas the color version, for what it is, is to me a nice composition with nice colors. I think this depends on which one you see first.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2013, 10:48:39 am »

I find myself wondering of late if it is really fair of me to inflict this on members here.
It's not an infliction, it is teaching for some of us. I appreciate it!

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2013, 10:56:08 am »

This is one of those fun shots we all tend to make. Sometimes it's just because it makes us smile, other times, just because. After I made the original, while it was a pretty spiffy image, I got to playing a bit with the image and came to this end. I took a print of both to the owner of the lift box company yesterday afternoon and he liked them so much, he hired me to shoot an inventory of all his machines, I presume for insurance reasons. Kind of neat to have you cake and get to eat it, too.

Rob C

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2013, 11:32:54 am »

Easter, so just in case any tourist gets too confident, a little cloud blooms above the sea...

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:07:43 am by Rob C »

francois

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2013, 12:28:03 pm »

Easter, so just in case any tourist gets too confident, a little cloud blooms above the sea...

;-)

Rob C

Here, it's almost snowing…  :D
Francois

Rob C

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2013, 01:06:12 pm »

Here, it's almost snowing…  :D

Well, at least then you can almost ski; I 'almost' skied on snow several times and also on the ocean with as little expertise or style. Guess I was never designed to be athletic: too concerned about staying in one piece and never did appreciate fishy enemas or pointy icicles.

Rob C

francois

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2013, 02:29:54 pm »

Well, at least then you can almost ski; I 'almost' skied on snow several times and also on the ocean with as little expertise or style. Guess I was never designed to be athletic: too concerned about staying in one piece and never did appreciate fishy enemas or pointy icicles.

Rob C

Well, finally we got sleet and then rain… So no alpine style ski and for ski on the lake, water is too cold… By then way, I vote for pointy icicles  :D

Taken last week… I guess that you don't get snow too often in your region, sometimes I'm envious!

Francois
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 137   Go Up