Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 137   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 2  (Read 571921 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Without Prejudice 2
« Reply #520 on: December 24, 2013, 12:42:14 am »

If your mind is attuned t

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #521 on: December 24, 2013, 03:35:38 am »

I accentuated it a little in post production...   but it was already there.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:53:13 am by muntanela »

Rob C

« Reply #522 on: December 24, 2013, 12:21:40 pm »

Oh well, I re-connected the old computer and stuck in this latest venture into the world of cinematic horror shows. Actually, there's a minor one playing itself out on my desk: the ants I saw earlier have multiplied, despite my efforts to exterminate them all. Watching them on the shiny desk, they scurry around following one lead after another. Also, when you flatten one, not only does another take its place but they seem to know exactly what you are trying to do, so they run into the edges of the notebook and along the spiral binding. Cunning, but I have more patience than they have sense. I think that's what I mean.

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:48:31 pm by Rob C »

WalterEG

« Reply #523 on: December 24, 2013, 02:13:31 pm »

Put some methylated spirits into a laundry sprayer and spray the little sods.  They be gone in a flash.

Oh, ..... and wish them a Happy Chriostmas as you do it.

Cheers,

Rob C

« Reply #524 on: December 24, 2013, 03:29:26 pm »

Put some methylated spirits into a laundry sprayer and spray the little sods.  They be gone in a flash.

Oh, ..... and wish them a Happy Chriostmas as you do it.

Cheers,

So why didn't you warn me not to light a match?!

Rob C

degrub

« Reply #525 on: December 24, 2013, 05:52:56 pm »

Wipe the trail and area down with very dilute vinegar after you figure out what they are after. Then they have to reforge the trail.

Maybe they could be extras in a new coke series ?

Frank
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 01:05:40 am by degrub »

Rob C

« Reply #526 on: December 25, 2013, 03:54:08 am »

Wipe the trail and area down with very dilute vinegar after you figure out what they are after. Then they have to reforge the trail.

Maybe they could be extras in a new coke series ?

Frank

Frank, isn't one enough already?

Regarding the ants, it's a bit worrying: most winters you never see them; they live either in the hollow bricks that comprise the building's walls or under the soil all around the property. Or in selected flower pots, and then when you water them, they run like hell all over the terrace, carrying tiny white blobs which I assume are eggs. The worry comes from the matter of scale: Puerto Pollensa (my village) is on the edge of a fairly enclosed bay. Should any of the mountains collaps into the sea, we humans would fare as the ants in the tsunami that would inevitably follow. Yet one worries about resale values.

On the Spanish news a couple of day ago I think I caught the tail-end of a spot on Hiero, one of the Canary Islands, where there has been a lot of recent volcanic action, with fumaroles pumping up through the seabed. One of those volcanic islands, I think it is Hiero, is somewhat like the original Santorini in Greece, which collapsed and cause devastation and, some believe, the disappearance of Atlantis which may have been what the original Santorini was. Anyway, part of the Canary island cliff is splitting away from its main volcanic shell, and if it falls into the Atlantic, adios Florida, NY NY etc. etc. Of course, it could offer immense aid to spawning salmon.

Merry Christmas...!

Rob C
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:27:07 am by Rob C »

Rocco Penny

« Reply #527 on: December 25, 2013, 04:31:15 am »

wish I had an image to add,

short of that, pieces of continents breaking off is a  concern we share,

I never understood the fast charge to extinction having the constant threat of my beloved California heaving into the sea!

Seems you need to live in the moment to even discern such, and the fleeting nature of life's perception has never been less immediate.
Senseless self perfection at the expense of any alternative.
Poor poor ants...

Rocco Penny

« Reply #528 on: December 25, 2013, 04:46:20 am »

ps thanks for turning me on to Julie London!
I think she was the inspiration for Leslie Caron's character Mardou in the 1960 film of Kerouac's THE SUBTERRANEANS
Funny how that time inspired so much we all still look up to.

Rob C

« Reply #529 on: December 25, 2013, 09:46:43 am »

ps thanks for turning me on to Julie London!
I think she was the inspiration for Leslie Caron's character Mardou in the 1960 film of Kerouac's THE SUBTERRANEANS
Funny how that time inspired so much we all still look up to.

This is one lollipop I'd truly enjoy shooting - and looking up at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=pL1Gm3fNi4Q&feature=endscreen

Rob C

armand

• Photos
« Reply #530 on: December 27, 2013, 10:38:55 pm »

Only 2 people in the park, that guy ice fishing and me taking a picture of him

Rob C

« Reply #531 on: December 29, 2013, 11:22:29 am »

One from Friday, showing the atmosphere around a certain necropolis of certainly more than a certain age. This is not part of the necropolis per se, more is it a vantage point from which, if you have not seen Vertigo, you may aspire to view the world of the past beneath.

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:48:47 pm by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #532 on: December 29, 2013, 03:13:10 pm »

A quick, hand-held one to get something to play with in the new computer.

Thanks, Chris!

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:50:38 pm by Rob C »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #533 on: December 29, 2013, 03:45:33 pm »

It looks quite cozy, Rob.
But where's the Coke bottle?
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #534 on: December 29, 2013, 05:15:44 pm »

It looks quite cozy, Rob.
But where's the Coke bottle?

The is a she, Eric; a little respect for the lady if you please!

Where was she? She was sitting elsewhere in the room doing her nails and wondering why I was being so silly as to snap a snap of somewhere I already see every day. I had no answer for that, other than that I needed a few new files to try to get into the  - ermm - system, and one file being much the same as another, why go outside? Of course, I kept my cool and said nothing. Peace continued.

Just watched the last twenty minutes of another Pirates movie, this one with Penélope Cruz; some babe! Would gladly replace Ms Coke with her, but say nothing out loud!

;-)

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #535 on: December 30, 2013, 04:12:51 am »

Something I forgot to mention about the snap of the side-wall of the room, and which nobody - so far - felt obliged to notice in writing: doesn't the colouring of the painting in the gold frame match the colouring of the little sofa absolutely beautifully? The painting was my Mum's, bought in Tuscany many moons ago; it's a village/town I have seen mirrored repeatedly here in Spain.

Perhaps that illustrated one of the great things about buying 'art': it has to match the room deco! ;-)

Rob C

P.S. Something else I'd like to know: when I open these thumbnails, they now appear within a larger black hole; the question is, is this an effect of my new W8 - I used to see the original, thin black frame within which I frame my files against a white space. The effect of the thin line has now vanished into the intergalactic blackness of the cosmic wastes. Is this the universal LuLa viewing experience or simply mine?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 04:25:07 am by Rob C »

Bruce Cox

• flickr
« Reply #536 on: December 30, 2013, 07:50:36 am »

On my Mac the "larger black hole" is reached when I view in full frame mode.  Likely you have other modes of viewing as well.  I am tempted to take advantage of this opportunity advise you of the benefits of posting larger [a smaller black hole], though I know you have a firm grasp on the reasons for your scale and thus my whimpering about my need to better perceive the beauty of your Mum's painting will only be counter productive.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 08:22:32 am by Bruce Cox »

Rob C

« Reply #537 on: December 30, 2013, 12:27:32 pm »

On my Mac the "larger black hole" is reached when I view in full frame mode.  Likely you have other modes of viewing as well.  I am tempted to take advantage of this opportunity advise you of the benefits of posting larger [a smaller black hole], though I know you have a firm grasp on the reasons for your scale and thus my whimpering about my need to better perceive the beauty of your Mum's painting will only be counter productive.

Ah, I reach a large black hole at the first click on the thumbnail; going the next step up - full-frame - does indeed fill the remaining screen area with black. It doesn't look bad at all - it's just that it forces the loss of the key-line I like to use to enclose copy and image together.

The painting's a sort of Impressionistic kind of work, rather attractive, if a bit large to transport in the back of a small UK car. When it travelled here, it came from Scotland as part of a load in a furniture truck.

Rob C

bdosserman

« Reply #538 on: December 31, 2013, 01:21:43 am »

P.S. Something else I'd like to know: when I open these thumbnails, they now appear within a larger black hole; the question is, is this an effect of my new W8 - I used to see the original, thin black frame within which I frame my files against a white space. The effect of the thin line has now vanished into the intergalactic blackness of the cosmic wastes. Is this the universal LuLa viewing experience or simply mine?

I'm also using W8 (sadly), and I see a thin black frame when I click on them. Maybe the webpage magnification has been changed on your computer and this is messing with the boundary? (I find this often happens by accident to me, one of many poor design choices in the OS).

Brian

Rob C

« Reply #539 on: January 01, 2014, 04:14:19 pm »

Couldn't pass today without giving her a whirl.

Spooky place, however often I pass it, which is maybe twenty-two times a week.

Really wouldn't like to be there in the dark. Irrational? Probably, but true nonetheless.

Rob C

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:49:35 pm by Rob C »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 137   Go Up