Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 137   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 2  (Read 571946 times)

Rob C

Re: Without Prejudice 2
« Reply #260 on: August 27, 2013, 05:30:53 pm »

Ma dove mai? No vedo niente di lei, la bella Marina...

At least, in all the good Fellinis and Antonionis they were mainly molto belle. I tried the Blow Up technique, but still not a sign of the errant griffito - maybe it's on the outside, under a bush beside a fence? Or in London, and you got a little confused? Marina might have that power - unless the guy lied, she had something blew his mind...

;-)

Ciao -

Rob C

P.S. She certainly  blew mine: I really wanted to ask you what had happened to the seat of the rig outside. Perhaps she took it with her?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:33:30 pm by Rob C »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #261 on: August 27, 2013, 05:44:25 pm »

... tried the Blow Up technique, but still not a sign of the errant griffito...

Don't you worry, Rob, here it is:

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #262 on: August 27, 2013, 05:56:57 pm »

A portrait of a mate of mine. A few beers in, at a music festival in west Wales. BTW, he isn't a country & western fan or anything. It's just a hat.

Rob C

« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2013, 04:02:19 am »

You could interpret that? I can hardly read a word, even with the glasses on.

Actually, the entire photographic empire is grinding to a halt. For months I have had to go to the PS computer and connect it to the 'phone line in order to access the Weebly connection and read/edit my website because the other, Internet-intended machine that I use (this one) will no longer let me access my site to work on it. However, as of yesterday, though I can get access (on the PS machine), it freezes the moment I start to attempt any work. I've had a notice come up telling me about a problem with a graphic card, but as the damned thing is frozen, all I can do is pull the plug, not even switch off safely.

My natural hatred for electronic machines is surging. It's almost enough for me to call it a day altogether and leave that world. Trouble is, there are no alternatives left... cooking doesn't seem an attractive replacement, though I suppose I could do more housework instead... or tell the medics to go screw and rediscover gin & tonic!

Rob C

P.S. Turns out worse than I'd imagined: the freeze I mentioned happened as I was working on the Cellpix page - I see that I have now lost much of it on the website. You see what I mean?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:01:58 am by Rob C »

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2013, 06:28:45 am »

;)

I have to tell the truth: I did not notice the graffito, even during the editing. I was interested in other graffiti on the right, much more naive and Heidi style: "Cecini Valentina aiutante pastorella", "Doriana Cecini pastorella". It was my sister who noticed the dionysiac grapphito over the door...

Here a photo (this is a tone mapping of several shots, the first photo was a manual blending of two exposures) and a crop of the Heidi grapphiti.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:29:34 am by muntanela »

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2013, 07:24:35 am »

You could interpret that? I can hardly read a word, even with the glasses on.

P.S. She certainly  blew mine: I really wanted to ask you what had happened to the seat of the rig outside. Perhaps she took it with her?

You can look  at this 100% crop.

There wasn't a seat outside but probably here I don't understand your (to me) difficult english (and humour) :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:40:07 am by muntanela »

Rob C

« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2013, 09:55:30 am »

You can look  at this 100% crop.

There wasn't a seat outside but probably here I don't understand your (to me) difficult english (and humour) :)

I know, I know, but the harness thing (which is probably worn on someone's poor back - they'll pay in their 50s onwards) looks as big as a chair and had there been a base to it, wouldn't have looked out of place in a race-tuned Testarossa with a mesh on the window. I've been out of my own culture too long - nothing really fits me anymore, least of all my own cultural model...

Flying Dutchman Syndrome.

;-(

Ciao -

Rob C
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:11:07 am by Rob C »

armand

• Photos
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2013, 06:13:01 pm »

Elephant

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #268 on: August 29, 2013, 12:41:02 am »

I know, I know, but the harness thing (which is probably worn on someone's poor back - they'll pay in their 50s onwards) looks as big as a chair and had there been a base to it, wouldn't have looked out of place in a race-tuned Testarossa with a mesh on the window. I've been out of my own culture too long - nothing really fits me anymore, least of all my own cultural model...

Flying Dutchman Syndrome.

;-(

Ciao -

Rob C

With  "the harness thing" do you mean the rucksack with the snowshoes? It is my rucksack, it isn't big (37 l) is light (1. 47 kg) and is extremly comfortable (but there are too many long straps)

The snowshoes are also very light

I am 58 years old and...yes my back is in a bad condition, but it is not due to the rucksack (this or other).

Ciao vecchio Rob  :)

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #269 on: August 29, 2013, 01:32:27 am »

Spelling matters.
Ken Cameron

Rob C

« Reply #270 on: August 29, 2013, 04:57:30 am »

With  "the harness thing" do you mean the rucksack with the snowshoes? It is my rucksack, it isn't big (37 l) is light (1. 47 kg) and is extremly comfortable (but there are too many long straps)

The snowshoes are also very light

I am 58 years old and...yes my back is in a bad condition, but it is not due to the rucksack (this or other).

Ciao vecchio Rob  :)

Some days are worse than others, which, by definition, almost indicates that some might be good! The sight of a grey beard in the mirror, very first thing every morning, makes me feel vecchio beyond my actual years, which are quite daunting at the best of times. The only thing worse would be a white one (beard).

My first experience of bad backs came when I was about twenty: I leaped up into the air and attempted to do one of those silly heel-clicking things that folks did on tv; it didn’t work. Another time, I was using a tall drill that required one to reach upwards to pull down on a lever that brought the drill down to the work. I felt a hell of a pain in the small of my back… on both occasions the doctor’s advice was to sleep on the floor. Some sympathetic doctor!

However, I am also developing the walk of a question mark. I put that down to too many years of carrying camera cases and tripods as well as the habit, derived from the fashion experience, of shooting from rather low levels, which means you are constantly stooped down over a low tripod or bending/squatting when hand-holding the damned machines, neither option being comfortable nor natural.

Photography really can be bad for one.

Ciao –

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #271 on: August 29, 2013, 10:46:08 am »

... The sight of a grey beard in the mirror, very first thing every morning, makes me feel ...

Thats why I shave in the dark.

Rob C

« Reply #272 on: August 29, 2013, 03:01:41 pm »

Thats why I shave in the dark.

Gottit! That's why you changed the image of yourself.

I bought a replacement electric razor a couple of years ago - still have to use them on parts of the artwork - and despite having asked the dealer if it worked off mains too, turned out that it depended totally on the rechargeable battery, required about nine hours of wall-time, and died with a whimper after approximately twenty minutes of use (added total time between pops - I never take twenty minutes a time. Makes you wonder about totally electrical cars, doesn't it?).

But still, your technique has a certain, undeniable Van Goghian (Van Goghsian?) charm.

;-)

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #273 on: September 03, 2013, 10:31:31 am »

Passing fancy.

Rob C
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 05:18:06 pm by Rob C »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #274 on: September 03, 2013, 02:47:56 pm »

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Harald L

« Reply #275 on: September 03, 2013, 02:48:39 pm »

Critter, don't know which one
Glad to be an amateur

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #276 on: September 03, 2013, 07:33:34 pm »

Looks a bit elephant seal to me.
Ken Cameron

Rob C

« Reply #277 on: September 04, 2013, 03:36:00 am »

That's a treat!

Thanks - no treats this morning.

I sprang out of bed at 7am - well, not exactly 'sprang' but anyway, eat the flakes and darted off (exaggerating again) to the garage where the car was due a service. As there were no other customers present there, no wonder at 8am, I hung around and chatted to the mechanic as he worked. When he lifted the hood, he said oh, rats! I said no, snails, because I'd found half-a-dozen of them some weeks ago diistributed over the battery, fried. No, he said, rats; look at the muddy footprints. He was right! The little buggers have also chewed a couple of cables which I have subsequently bound up with black electrical tape. I hope they don't enjoy that. Anyway, he suggested I buy some sachets of rat poison and put them under the hood...

All in a day's entertainment - and who said I know nothing about farm life? You can't avoid it.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:44:12 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #278 on: September 04, 2013, 03:36:49 am »

Man, that is a genuine Hasselfake!

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #279 on: September 04, 2013, 05:36:27 am »

Amazing; just posted another b/white and see that it has gone blurred! I suppose it means that I can't delay the new computer much longer...

Must investigate.

Rob C
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 137   Go Up