Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pile of ink under the 2400 today  (Read 804 times)

kevs

Pile of ink under the 2400 today
« on: February 28, 2013, 03:31:45 pm »

Never seen this before: there was a pool of ink about 4 quarters size under the right front of the Epson 2400.

I recently did replace a bunch of ink cartridges and did print 20 or so 8x10's a couple of weeks ago. Still I've never seen anything like this.
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: Pile of ink under the 2400 today
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 06:55:31 pm »

Start with a little under the hood work.
Find out what color the leaking ink is.
Check that cart for leaks and also the lines.
You might find it quite easily.

mvsoske

• Mark V'Soske Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 10:47:52 pm »

How old is your 2400?  It just may be your waste tank is now full after years of use.  Unfortunately, the tanks are not easily replaceable. Do a search for 2400 waste ink pad replacement and you'll find a few sites that show, among other things, how to install a waste ink collection system.

Robcat

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 04:58:13 pm »

Had that about 2 mo ago. Other poster is correct, your waste ink pads are saturated. The printer will run for a while but will eventually give you an error message (and ultimately quit). Unbelievably, these pads are not a user-replaceable item (very long story short). You can get it done by an Epson service center, of which there aren't many---nearest to me is about 90 mi away in Baltimore. There are workarounds which involve breaking into the printer, drilling holes and running tubing to an external waste collection bottle, reprogramming some settings. I seem to have deleted the links explaining this because it looked like an utterly amazing PITA that was also reasonably easy to screw up. I put the 2400 in the garage and ordered a new printer. If you have no money and tons of time and good mechanical skills...you may end up with a working worn-out printer. Sorry to sound negative but I'm still annoyed that Epson didn't make this an easy fix.
Rob P
If I find the how-to links, I will send.
Pages: [1]   Go Up