Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 147   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 1205569 times)

bcooter

Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #2280 on: August 23, 2016, 01:32:39 pm »

Street Music

Welcome to San Francisco

Welcome to LA

BC

pearlstreet

« Reply #2281 on: August 23, 2016, 03:09:48 pm »

Chris, Andrew - beautiful interior shots. Thanks for posting!

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #2282 on: August 23, 2016, 06:42:39 pm »

This is my favorite thread:) Great images!

Here is a recent one, from new series En Pointe

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #2283 on: August 23, 2016, 09:44:31 pm »

CB,

Most folks in these parts talk pixels, most clients talk costs but you back it up with imagery.  Being this good as fast as your doing it isn't hard, it is impossible and you go past the impossible.

Like they said in Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards". 

Big fan of your work and I pride myself for spotting talent.

Your Pro.

BC

Thanks for that, James, your'e very kind.  Thanks to everyone else for the kudos too!  I'm just a big kid trying to keep having fun.

jng

« Reply #2284 on: August 23, 2016, 11:04:34 pm »

James, Chris, Joe, Andrew, Brent, Michael (and apologies if I've missed anyone):

Your images are inspiring. Thank you for (re)elevating the level of discourse on this forum. Your recent postings demonstrate that a picture is sometimes worth far more than a thousand words and remind me of why I joined Lula in the first place.

John

Rob C

« Reply #2285 on: August 27, 2016, 05:23:36 pm »

It was a Kodak paper stock I fell in love with for portraits.  It has a beautiful texture and if you developed it with care and lot of rinse it was beautiful.

Kodak killed it off before digital took hold so I searched and found a 3 or 4 cases, maybe more.  I have a friend that is an analog freak, one of these guys whose loft looks like the mad scientist with humdifiers, or dehumidifiers everywhere, backup power and  filters, etc. etc. and he keeps it for me.  One box (not case) got kind of screwy where some of the edges are damaged but the rest is intact and I don't do much with it but keep a lot of film and paper. 

It's hard to throw away paper or film, even if I don't use it.

I have a ton of super 16mm fuji motion picture stock which is not made anymore as kodak owns the mp world, but super 16 fuji looks better than 35mm kodak (imo), it's just hard to load as it's physically thicker than kodak film.

Yea CB, me and my wooden camera.  I love the deardorff, the bellows will stretch across the room and it weighs nothing.  Downside is only the front has rise and fall, so perspective change you have to adapt to, which I'm use to so it's no problem.   

Love it, though not for commerce even in the film days.    Using 8x10 for people became a hard sell, due to film costs.  I'd have the assistants load about 100 holders, and you'd load them and client's would just go crazy about the costs, so we moved to 4x5, then . . .well we all know that everything is smaller where 645 is considered large format.

I laugh when people who look at my 1dxI(s) and the new II and say what a big camera. 

No 8x10 was big, but nothing was more fun that shooting people 8x10.  It's interesting that our starting assistants are carrying around film rangefinders to get the film experience, but wouldn't know a view camera if it landed on them.    They don't know what they're missing.

This was one of the last gigs for commerce shot 8x10 and all the movement was in camera, not post production. The only post production in photoshop was coloration as we did this in a monotone look and also colour.    Even Nikon picked it up for their own promo use and paid serious money (back in the days camera companies paid serious money for use).

BC

PS  CB is doing some seriously beautiful large format images and they are well worth looking at.   Like everything CB doesn't mess around jumping from the low board.  He goes to the top and dives in.

Hey, BC!

Been working my ass off varnishing never-ending wooden shutters that seem to eclose my life, so no posts or anything much else of late, but I couldn't pass up commenting on this shot: beautiful photography that really shows where your heart is.

So yeah, there was a magic in the old ways and it works even better married to the new...

Great stuff!

Rob C

bcooter

« Reply #2286 on: August 27, 2016, 07:28:20 pm »

That's kind of you Rob.  Thanks

BC

BobDavid

« Reply #2287 on: September 07, 2016, 03:17:06 pm »

Not something I do often or try and get, but I really like this one.

I am interested to find out what you like about this picture. Please realize I am not trying to be provocative. I just don't "get" what you are seeing.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2288 on: September 07, 2016, 09:22:08 pm »

I am interested to find out what you like about this picture. Please realize I am not trying to be provocative. I just don't "get" what you are seeing.

I don't know, bad judgment? 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

bcooter

« Reply #2289 on: September 07, 2016, 10:01:34 pm »

I don't know, bad judgment?

Hey Joe,

Don't go that far.  Post what you want, or take it down.  (I think you took it down cause it's commercial work).

My Best To You. 

BC

In good spirit I'll post a commercial image.  Tear it up fellas.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:49:51 am by bcooter »

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #2290 on: September 08, 2016, 02:30:47 am »

May I ask whose decision it was to have the shadow fall on the backdrop? I'm just curious how it works in this situation. My guess is the art director suggests a style and you implement. If it's inappropriate to elaborate then no problem.

bcooter

« Reply #2291 on: September 08, 2016, 03:51:26 am »

May I ask whose decision it was to have the shadow fall .......

Mine.

BC

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #2292 on: September 08, 2016, 03:53:26 am »

Thank you

bcooter

« Reply #2293 on: September 08, 2016, 05:17:12 am »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2294 on: September 08, 2016, 01:00:10 pm »

Hey Joe,

Don't go that far.  Post what you want, or take it down.  (I think you took it down cause it's commercial work).

My Best To You. 

BC

It was commercial work.  It did the job for the client, who was trying to show they know how to weld White Rock panels.  I thought the placement of everything worked and the lighting was nice.  Not something I would use in portfolio though, but something I thought came out decent. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Junk_Bond

« Reply #2295 on: September 08, 2016, 03:38:30 pm »

BC, awesome image and thank you for sharing.

Joe, I liked the image and thought it was a nice departure from the work you typically post. I'd like to create similar images for my portfolio that I think would work well for brochure type imagery (tool companies). Thanks for sharing, I really enjoy your posts and appreciate the fact you and others take the time to even share your images.

sc_john

« Reply #2296 on: September 08, 2016, 08:42:45 pm »

May I ask whose decision it was to have the shadow fall on the backdrop? I'm just curious how it works in this situation. My guess is the art director suggests a style and you implement. If it's inappropriate to elaborate then no problem.

I would think it would look rather 2-dimensional without the shadow fall. But, YMMV. I LIKE IT! Thanks BC!

jvpictures

« Reply #2297 on: September 10, 2016, 04:34:25 am »

from a recent product shoot, content not so sexy though....
Hasselblad H5D-50c with 120mm Macro, focus stacked out of 10 images, free masked and shadowed.

Funny was, that the CEO of the company asked the marketing manager whether she could make the image herself with her iPhone.

Weldon Brewster

• http://www.weldonbrewster.com
« Reply #2298 on: September 10, 2016, 04:34:37 pm »

Lots of work with pretty girls (which I love.)   Mine are a little rough.  This is from working with the demolition crew taking down the 6th St Bridge here in LA.  I don't really photograph people but I trying to grow and learn as a photographer.  We setup a mini "studio" in the bottom of the LA River to photograph the guys.

Weldon Brewster
www.weldonbrewster.com

BobDavid

« Reply #2299 on: September 10, 2016, 11:01:56 pm »

Lots of work with pretty girls (which I love.)   Mine are a little rough.  This is from working with the demolition crew taking down the 6th St Bridge here in LA.  I don't really photograph people but I trying to grow and learn as a photographer.  We setup a mini "studio" in the bottom of the LA River to photograph the guys.

I like these two a lot. Very well executed!  I like looking at pretty girls too, however there are zillions of "pretty girl" pictures. I appreciate what you've captured here a lot more. I think the demo scene and the portrait tell a story--as a set and as separate images. Excellent!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:08:36 pm by BobDavid »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 147   Go Up