Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 147   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 1207364 times)

Rob C

Re: Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #2220 on: July 23, 2016, 04:31:25 pm »

I will greatly miss his insight, but at the very least I can still follow the work on his social media accounts.

Yes, and don't forget that he was also very helpful and generous to people on the film/video forums here, not just the stills sections.

Rob
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 05:09:25 pm by Rob C »

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #2221 on: July 23, 2016, 04:32:43 pm »

He had quite a few things to say about lighting as well!
Instagram (updated often)

Rob C

« Reply #2222 on: July 23, 2016, 05:11:21 pm »

He had quite a few things to say about lighting as well!

He certainly did, and many of them I'd never even heard of, not existing prior to the mid-80's!

;-)

Rob

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #2223 on: July 23, 2016, 08:02:48 pm »

He certainly did, and many of them I'd never even heard of, not existing prior to the mid-80's!

;-)

Rob

I think J is a very knowledgable and helpful guy, and an extremely good photographer, deserving of at least respect, and even admiration. However he is certainly no stranger to controversy as the big reason we are posting here is that the RG forum blew up so  many years ago :)

On doing a search for a word I prefer not to post -for fear this place will suffer- I found an old LL post with all the usual suspects - weren't we all more mellow and fun-loving then, and not a complaint about off-topic?

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=77899.40

Oh for the innocence of that bygone midsummer day :)
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

JoeKitchen

Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #2224 on: July 30, 2016, 12:55:53 pm »

A little bungalow kitchen from down the shore.   8)
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2225 on: July 31, 2016, 01:18:08 pm »

A house a little bit more towards my style in Brooklyn, NY. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2226 on: July 31, 2016, 01:18:34 pm »

And you can't skip the deck! 

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #2227 on: August 05, 2016, 11:54:11 am »

Tea anyone?:) D800e/Nikon G 60mm

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2228 on: August 09, 2016, 01:10:23 pm »

Spent four and a half days over 6 months working on this project.  Here are some of my favorites. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2229 on: August 09, 2016, 01:11:03 pm »

And some more. 

BobDavid

« Reply #2230 on: August 10, 2016, 11:35:46 pm »

Tea anyone?:) D800e/Nikon G 60mm

Exquisite.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2231 on: August 11, 2016, 09:01:34 pm »

Very nice BC.  I really like the first.  Something about his expressions draws me in, very intriguing.  Not quite sure what he is looking at. 

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #2232 on: August 12, 2016, 02:38:58 am »

The couple in the truck engages me most. It's odd as the truck seems (and I'm not saying it is) to be at a slight angle. The driver is oddly very close to the wheel, I suspect it's posing to get the starburst which is great. But I can live with that artificiality as it just adds some tension to what could be a mundane scene. Nice shot which makes me look closer.

Mike

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2233 on: August 12, 2016, 03:38:20 am »

The couple in the truck engages me most. It's odd as the truck seems (and I'm not saying it is) to be at a slight angle. The driver is oddly very close to the wheel, I suspect it's posing to get the starburst which is great. But I can live with that artificiality as it just adds some tension to what could be a mundane scene. Nice shot which makes me look closer.

Really? To me, they look like curiously-positioned plastic mannequins.

Jeremy

Brent Daniels

« Reply #2234 on: August 13, 2016, 11:16:17 pm »

Critique from respected and qualified individuals is great.
However unqualified stupid comments are not.
For whatever reason kikashi can just not help showing off his in bred horse's ass stupid opinion.
So Cooter I complement you on your restraint and a very nice visual Texas back slap.

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #2235 on: August 14, 2016, 02:24:00 am »

Jeez, another forum I feel unable to post in as I don't know what the qualification has to be and I'm damned certain no-one respects me.

graeme

« Reply #2236 on: August 14, 2016, 03:58:46 am »

Jeez, another forum I feel unable to post in as I don't know what the qualification has to be and I'm damned certain no-one respects me.

Yes. We are not worthy.

LDJ

« Reply #2237 on: August 14, 2016, 05:06:28 am »

I don’t post often (though visit a lot), however feel the need to express my increasing frustration with the rudeness and lack of respect that is becoming more and more common in the posts on this forum.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone should feel able to comment and post in whichever thread they wish. However, this should not justify users being disrespectful of, and antagonistic towards, others. Jeremy may not have liked the shot of the couple in the car but, rather than being simply rude, he could have either said nothing or said something more along the lines of “Thanks to BC for posting the shots. I must admit that my preference is for a more realistic look, as shown in some of James’ other work…” I feel a good test of respectfulness is to think to oneself before posting, ‘would I comment using exactly these words if face to face?’

I’m sure that BC is perfectly happy for others to express their opinions of his work, but not when done in such a rude manner. James is brave enough (and generous enough) to post some of his professional work here for others to see; I am not. I really feel that users should be very aware of the fact that, when professional photographers post images of their work here, it can be damaging for them to receive rude and un-constructive critiques. I would like to thank James for his contributions over the years, which I have greatly appreciated and hope that the time never comes when he has finally had enough of the rudeness often displayed and feels unable to share further.

When I first came across this forum in around 2007, I thought it was fantastic: engaging discussions, fantastic images, friendliness and respectfulness. Over recent years I feel that it has been spoiled by a few users who post the same comments time and time again and demonstrate, in my opinion, an ever increasing lack of respect towards others. It is a shame and I hope it does not continue in this manner.

Liam

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #2238 on: August 14, 2016, 06:29:44 am »

It's one thing to express opinions on the photos, but when the comments get rude and involve the people in the pictures (be it models or not), then there's a clear lack of respect for other human beings. One may comment on the pose, the makeup, the clothes and the environment, but the way people look like is something no one can change (even with a lot of money and plastic surgery) and if you don't like it just move along.

I don't see James commenting on our faces all the time, so I don't see why we should degrade the people he works with.
Instagram (updated often)

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2239 on: August 14, 2016, 09:26:51 am »

All that!

And also I think something else that many non-pros do not take into account when looking the work posted here by professionals is that a good deal of art direction was discussed before the shoot.  The outcome of the images greatly depends upon what the client wants and, more importantly, needs to help them with their campaign. 

Regardless if the photographer does not likes everything about the final look, it is still up to him to deliver what the client needs.  This is called being professional. 

Regardless if the style of any professionally produced image does not quite line up to what you think should have been done, remember that may have been a requirement of the art direction.  It could very well be that any professional that may have worked on that campaign may have needed to reproduce the same look.   
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 08:10:13 pm by JoeKitchen »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 147   Go Up