Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 147   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 1206702 times)

pearlstreet

Re: Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #2200 on: July 14, 2016, 04:26:04 pm »

But the best suggestion is one I will take to myself.  Don't open the door by being involved here.

IMO

BC

yes...great idea.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #2201 on: July 14, 2016, 04:35:34 pm »

J,

The criticism is in your head. I think she looks like a UFO *in this image*, you don't or you do, where is an impression a criticism?  Chris said something else I would never have thought about, it got me thinking for at least an hour.

You wanna go ahead and act offended, go ahead, but no apology will be offered for an offense that was not intended, although I am sorry you saw an offense. As for my own work, I never said it was  any good- people paid for the prints they liked, they refused to buy prints they didn't like, and that was just how it was. Gallerists told me my work was average for the level I was operating at, perfectly saleable but not extraordinary.

Edmund

Maybe, I wasn't thinking that deep.

Edmund,

Like all things you talk but don't have the talent, ability or work ethic to produce, so in my world your an interesting annoyance.  Not because your judge my photographs, you don't pay you don't hire, you do not produce.

You let others do the hard work and you judge like your above it and sadly you so far below it's sad from such a small man with a negative mind.  Keep on talking but don't think anyone with a decent soul is listening.

The thing is you find importance in people noticing you, but do not realize your like a emoge sad or smiley face that no one takes seriously.

Maybe the issue is posted a red white and blue prop, not blue white and red.  You should find a cable show to make money and be negative. 

Until your gone, I'm gone.

Not an opinion, just fact.

BC
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:44:42 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

eronald

« Reply #2202 on: July 14, 2016, 04:48:23 pm »

Sharon,

James posted a really nice picture, with one model whom *I* feel to be ... posed in a way that is alien or robotic. In this image.
 This is *my* feeling. I don't know whether other people feel the same way. And it is not about this young woman, it is about *this* picture of this young woman.
 As for your finding this image is perfect for sales, well that seems to indicate that J has nailed it, and made a very beautiful image that is also commercially useful.
 What we haven't yet heard is J telling us "the brief to the model was to try and look XXX", and I would really like to know what XXX was.

Edmund

This is a ridiculous criticism and one directed at this young woman, just so you could poke at James. Way to go. By the way, you are wrong...she doesn't come across as frozen at all. Maybe you are projecting your own feelings into this photo.

I think this photo is exceptionally beautiful and the color choice, to me, is perfect. If it is to sell lingerie, it worked. As a woman, I would want to look like that (no chance but we all can dream).

Site owners, this is your party. You can invite and uninvite who you choose. If you choose trolls, then eventually, that's all you'll have here. I think most of us are fed up with trolls. They ruin everything add nothing except to themselves ( they always think they are so clever...and will get very self-righteous when challenged - they are always "misunderstood")

Yes, I'm pissed and fed up.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:57:25 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

NickT

« Reply #2203 on: July 14, 2016, 05:05:03 pm »

You wanna go ahead and act offended, go ahead, but no apology will be offered for an offense that was not intended,

Edmund could you just stop? You and Theo are doing really good job of ruining this board. Theo at least owns some medium format gear so he is qualified to comment but he can't help himself from being just plain rude, he's been slightly better after his enforced absence but I'm sure that will change. As for you I think you owned a P45 at some point, can you stick to posting on matters that you are experienced in, instead of inserting yourself into every single thread?

Please?

Manoli

« Reply #2204 on: July 14, 2016, 07:03:06 pm »

... at least owns some medium format gear so he is qualified to comment

Qualified ?
Since when does simply 'owning' anything , qualify you for anything other than a maker's guarantee ?

... but he can't help himself from being just plain rude ...

Which is not something you could ever accuse Edmund of. Always courteous and gracious even under extreme provocation. As in this case.

Look, I like them both. Dallas was a tragedy and you can tell from Cooter's posts how heavily it weighed on him. Emotions run high, sensitivities are raised - understandably so. But personal attacks, of which this isn't the first, would have best been avoided , particularly when they're unfounded. Let's not be partisan and hope that in the not too distant future, it's sorted out, in private, between the two of them without the whole forum taking to the mattresses in another round of simulated gang warfare.

5 officers died in Dallas, news breaking that there are over 60 dead in Nice. Let's be grateful for what we have and spare a thought and prayer for those less fortunate.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2205 on: July 14, 2016, 07:07:18 pm »

^ +1

There you go, Manoli, something you and I finally agree on  :)

eronald

« Reply #2206 on: July 14, 2016, 07:52:27 pm »

+1.

Unfortunately such current events are now something we are all qualified to comment on. My *feeling* here is complete helplessness at being conscripted (as a potential civilian target) in a war that probably cannot be "won", while drones are being dispatched in my name to places I could not even find on a map. Many years ago, I came to Paris to study mathematics, and some friends invited me for a walk near Etoile. On Avenue de la Grande Armée as we were looking at a shop window the whole place blew up. People around us -further away from the store than we- had their faces covered in blood from the flying glass; somehow we were untouched. The police appeared, we ran, as the only thing young people feared more than a terrorist in those days was a cop. The alibi for *this* ever-so-pleasant event was the I think Basques protesting against Franco by blowing up the Air Iberia showroom office in Paris. I had just been in Paris for a few days, but I had been taught that everybody gets conscripted, at the very least as a target, and I am very aware of how that feels. I have also developed an allergy to firecrackers.

Edmund

Qualified ?
Since when does simply 'owning' anything , qualify you for anything other than a maker's guarantee ?

Which is not something you could ever accuse Edmund of. Always courteous and gracious even under extreme provocation. As in this case.

Look, I like them both. Dallas was a tragedy and you can tell from Cooter's posts how heavily it weighed on him. Emotions run high, sensitivities are raised - understandably so. But personal attacks, of which this isn't the first, would have best been avoided , particularly when they're unfounded. Let's not be partisan and hope that in the not too distant future, it's sorted out, in private, between the two of them without the whole forum taking to the mattresses in another round of simulated gang warfare.

5 officers died in Dallas, news breaking that there are over 60 dead in Nice. Let's be grateful for what we have and spare a thought and prayer for those less fortunate.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:00:30 pm by eronald »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2207 on: July 14, 2016, 08:15:19 pm »

James, please don't go.  The forum has lost so many great photographers over the years. 

Remember, life always makes environments, no matter how desolate, more livable, and you're life.   

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:18:38 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

eronald

« Reply #2208 on: July 14, 2016, 09:04:25 pm »

On this I agree.   With that thought I think this subject should be put down, there are much more important things in life than little photographs.  If I hurt anyone's feelings I will offer an apology.

J.

Same here.

Handshake, J, and I will be more careful in the future.

This whole blowup is dumb - I admire your work.

Edmund
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:43:06 pm by eronald »

Chris Livsey

« Reply #2209 on: July 15, 2016, 11:06:11 am »

Thank you both.
I for one, and I suspect I am not alone, derive much from both of you from your postings here.

Although not in the immediate area I was in Manchester in 1996 when the IRA detonated a 1,500 kg truck bomb on Corporation Street the biggest bomb detonated in Great Britain since World War II, by some miracle no one died that day. Those memories do not fade, there are indeed greater things than medium format in this world.

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #2210 on: July 15, 2016, 12:01:38 pm »

Let's get back to looking at photographs shall we.

We've been having terribly unpredictable weather here the last month, so I made the most of a couple of hours of clear(ish) yesterday morning.

(and james, if you're still there...think like Arnie)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:43:06 pm by alatreille »
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #2211 on: July 16, 2016, 01:21:08 am »

Edmund could you just stop? You and Theo are doing really good job of ruining this board. Theo at least owns some medium format gear so he is qualified to comment but he can't help himself from being just plain rude, he's been slightly better after his enforced absence but I'm sure that will change. As for you I think you owned a P45 at some point, can you stick to posting on matters that you are experienced in, instead of inserting yourself into every single thread?

Please?

+1

Also lol@ "Mr. No portfolio" Manoli coming out of the woodworks to the aid of trolls whenever one of them is in hot water.

This forum is more predictable than an episode of Three's Company.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #2212 on: July 16, 2016, 03:36:56 am »

Hi,

Regarding the last part, there is always a bit of Photoshop involved. You can check Jesse Rosten video, Fotoshop by Adobé here:

Personally, I would agree in part with what Edmund says on colour, but I don't need to post. I guess that BC knows what he is doing and I like great many of his images. Trends come and pass and photographers need to adapt.

Personally, I am a non professional landscape photographer, so I don't post on these threads.

I am almost always impressed by the images here.

Best regards
Erik

I think this photo is exceptionally beautiful and the color choice, to me, is perfect. If it is to sell lingerie, it worked. As a woman, I would want to look like that (no chance but we all can dream).

Erik Kaffehr

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #2213 on: July 20, 2016, 03:44:54 am »

Another one from the pre-wedding shoot I did a few weeks ago.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

Rob C

« Reply #2214 on: July 22, 2016, 11:44:33 am »

Well, Cooter indeed seems to have gone; what a bloody waste of a great contributor.

Rob C

Manoli

« Reply #2215 on: July 22, 2016, 01:01:24 pm »

Well, Cooter indeed seems to have gone; what a bloody waste of a great contributor.

Don't be so pessimistic, Rob.
Even the best have taken a break from time to time, haven't they ?

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2216 on: July 22, 2016, 01:14:05 pm »

He's still registered, Rob. He's just not been around for a few days. You came back!

Jeremy

Rob C

« Reply #2217 on: July 22, 2016, 04:36:51 pm »

Cooter return? Somehow, I don't think so, but fervently hope I'm wrong again on this one. Of course, he could always just write, but the photographs were a delight in themselves, and I will miss them on LuLa, but his website is always there, so not everything is lost.

You have to look at it from the perspective of a top pro: comments on a worldwide forum that cast doubts on your work can do no good, and are possibly quite dangerous too, if they fall into certain hands. For us retired guys and probably for most amateurs, it simply has no impact beyond ruffled feathers, which can smooth down in time.

In the instances my own 'departures' I felt them coming over periods of time; there was nothing written about my images that pissed me off (I simply think folks who don't like 'em just don't get 'em, which covers all my bases), it was just the sense that I was often communicating with a bunch of pretty dumb minds, and that there wasn't much point in my doing so.

With time, I realised that by leaving I was also distancing from my life people with whom communication is a pleasure, so back I came until the next time. Yes, one did communicate off-line, but there is also benefit and pleasure in a more public form of communication and interaction.

But having said that, it's from the point of view of someone with nothing to lose. I'd have hated to feel my clients might pick up on some spiteful shit written without much thought... Retirement brings some benefit, if not many!

Rob

Ray Cox

« Reply #2218 on: July 22, 2016, 08:25:54 pm »

Cooter return? Somehow, I don't think so, but fervently hope I'm wrong again on this one. Of course, he could always just write, but the photographs were a delight in themselves, and I will miss them on LuLa, but his website is always there, so not everything is lost.

You have to look at it from the perspective of a top pro: comments on a worldwide forum that cast doubts on your work can do no good, and are possibly quite dangerous too, if they fall into certain hands. For us retired guys and probably for most amateurs, it simply has no impact beyond ruffled feathers, which can smooth down in time.

In the instances my own 'departures' I felt them coming over periods of time; there was nothing written about my images that pissed me off (I simply think folks who don't like 'em just don't get 'em, which covers all my bases), it was just the sense that I was often communicating with a bunch of pretty dumb minds, and that there wasn't much point in my doing so.

With time, I realised that by leaving I was also distancing from my life people with whom communication is a pleasure, so back I came until the next time. Yes, one did communicate off-line, but there is also benefit and pleasure in a more public form of communication and interaction.

But having said that, it's from the point of view of someone with nothing to lose. I'd have hated to feel my clients might pick up on some spiteful shit written without much thought... Retirement brings some benefit, if not many!

Rob

Well said Rob. Look forward to your insights. Keep up the good work.
Ray

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #2219 on: July 23, 2016, 01:37:11 am »

I will greatly miss his insight, but at the very least I can still follow the work on his social media accounts.
Instagram (updated often)
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 147   Go Up