Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 147   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 1205473 times)

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #1380 on: August 12, 2014, 08:44:32 pm »

Penthouse:

A quick tip to help pull the nap up on rugs and carpet...a small plastic rake, followed by a broom to pull the nap the same direction.  Retouching out carpet/ rug weirdness is really difficult.
Craig Lamson Photo

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #1381 on: August 12, 2014, 09:23:36 pm »

Craig Lamson

« Reply #1382 on: August 12, 2014, 09:31:52 pm »

Craig Lamson Photo

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #1383 on: August 12, 2014, 10:19:44 pm »

Just incredible! Really like the soft tones of the colors.

Leica S2

BC
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #1384 on: August 12, 2014, 10:37:19 pm »

Perky!

20 years ago  I shot regularly for a major carpet manufacturer. They would send out techs to spiff up the carpets and they used something like this.
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

MrSmith

« Reply #1385 on: August 13, 2014, 03:06:19 am »

Nice image BC but maybe like most gym bunnies your model should remember 'don't forget leg day'  ::)

bcooter

« Reply #1386 on: August 13, 2014, 07:14:56 am »

Nice image BC but maybe like most gym bunnies your model should remember 'don't forget leg day'  ::)

Your right and it sent me crazy.  We got this gig right after another one and this was the talent available.

The legs are an issue and I debate whether to show it at all, but I like the photograph.

IMO

BC
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:59:24 am by bcooter »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1387 on: August 13, 2014, 07:28:00 am »

Perky!

Do they make a foldable version of this? 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Chris Barrett

« Reply #1388 on: August 13, 2014, 08:44:35 am »

Haven't seen one.  The handle unscrews and I sawed mine down a bit to fit in my tripod case.

Aphoto

• Architectural photography, Berlin
« Reply #1389 on: August 13, 2014, 11:08:16 am »

Thanks for the advice!
 :)
Best, Adrian // www.adrianschulz.com

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #1390 on: August 13, 2014, 02:27:15 pm »

In fairness to BC, not all gym bunnies have the same required look for each assignment or shoot :)

Mamiya 645AFDII and Tri-X 400 pushed 2 stops.

Nice image BC but maybe like most gym bunnies your model should remember 'don't forget leg day'  ::)

Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

Craig Lamson

« Reply #1391 on: August 13, 2014, 02:51:57 pm »

Do they make a foldable version of this?  

The one I ordered has a three piece handle that breaks down

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DEKSW44/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Craig Lamson Photo

Aphoto

• Architectural photography, Berlin
« Reply #1392 on: August 14, 2014, 03:57:02 am »

The one I ordered has a three piece handle that breaks down

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DEKSW44/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

85 customer reviews? Thats funny. The United States really seem to be a "carped-country". Each time I'm over there, I'm impressed by finding carpets at places I wouldn't expect any. Even at the airports, you walk on carpets a lot. Must be a torture to keep those clean. ;-)
Best, Adrian // www.adrianschulz.com

Craig Lamson

« Reply #1393 on: August 23, 2014, 08:47:25 am »

Perky!

Thanks for the tip on this one Chris, the Perky works great!
Craig Lamson Photo

Chris Barrett

« Reply #1394 on: August 23, 2014, 10:37:46 am »

Nice!

MrSmith

« Reply #1395 on: August 26, 2014, 10:19:25 am »

couple of timepieces, one a cover shot (was featured inside but they liked it so much it went on the cover) and a test shot work in progress for me (hands need moving to correct position as it’s a non working test piece)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:23:18 pm by MrSmith »

Dean Elliott

• Dean Elliott
« Reply #1396 on: August 26, 2014, 11:36:36 am »

couple of timepieces, one a cover shot (was featured inside but they liked it so much i went on the cover) and a test shot work in progress for me (hands need moving to correct position as it’s a non working test piece)

Really nice work there. Well done!
Any chance of getting a breakdown of what was used to create it? or possibly a setup description?
Web: www.deanelliottstudio.com
Insta: @deanelliottstudio

MrSmith

« Reply #1397 on: August 26, 2014, 12:10:00 pm »

Really nice work there. Well done!
Any chance of getting a breakdown of what was used to create it? or possibly a setup description?

thanks.
a roll of trace, one small flash light and a piece of silver card.
i make it sound so easy ;D

i actually use elinchrom ranger quadras (the battery powered ones) as working that close mono heads are cumbersome and often don't output low enough power and you have to add N.D's
the tudor just had a couple of extra exposures for the bezel where it is angled towards the light and a bit of detail for the lower strap (could have lifted that area but it’s easy to just shoot another frame)
Jaeger has a separate face shot and a large reflector on the right hand side to cover the silver bezel all the way round and a separate highlight exposure for the 2 lugs nearest the camera.

both on canon 100mm IS macro/sony A7r should have done the jaeger on a 90ts-e but was too lazy to change lenses so ended up stacking in helicon focus. the files at 100% look fantastic.

Dean Elliott

• Dean Elliott
« Reply #1398 on: August 26, 2014, 12:51:21 pm »

thanks.
a roll of trace, one small flash light and a piece of silver card.
i make it sound so easy ;D

i actually use elinchrom ranger quadras (the battery powered ones) as working that close mono heads are cumbersome and often don't output low enough power and you have to add N.D's
the tudor just had a couple of extra exposures for the bezel where it is angled towards the light and a bit of detail for the lower strap (could have lifted that area but it’s easy to just shoot another frame)
Jaeger has a separate face shot and a large reflector on the right hand side to cover the silver bezel all the way round and a separate highlight exposure for the 2 lugs nearest the camera.

both on canon 100mm IS macro/sony A7r should have done the jaeger on a 90ts-e but was too lazy to change lenses so ended up stacking in helicon focus. the files at 100% look fantastic.

I really would have said Medium format. Well done. The rendition of the fabric is great too.
If you dont mind me asking another question, what sort of timing does it take to produce one of the images? shoot time and retouch time. I know for myself it probably would have been per watch, around 2 hours (incl setup) to shoot and then really particular retouching around 3-4 hours. Is that about right? Maybe im slow ha ha. I know there is no exact mesurement as we all work differently. Im just curious. Thanks again for being so open to sharing.
D.
Web: www.deanelliottstudio.com
Insta: @deanelliottstudio

MrSmith

« Reply #1399 on: August 26, 2014, 01:27:49 pm »

we did 5 shots in a day with the Tudor, with a stylist sourcing all the props, so you have to factor in time for all the discussions about what works with what props, lighting doesn't take too long as i have had lots of practice and know what look I’m after, retouch time is around 1.5-4 hours a shot depending on complexity, how much stacking to do and how clean the watches are, sometimes they look clean to the naked eye but are filthy when you see them blown up.

the Jaeger shot took 15min to shoot as i was in in a rush to let the chaperone/security go at the end of the shoot and as a consequence nothing lined up through knocking the set and i ‘banged it out quickly’ lighting was already in place i just had to move it to back of the set.

i have before shot 16 watches on location (including stacking) in under 3 hours. physically sweating and not how i like to work, loads of retouch due to rushing and having to let little things go.

HTH

here is a 100% crop. this is unsharpened with just the ‘version 3.0 standard look’ applied in capture1

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:32:13 pm by MrSmith »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 147   Go Up