Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 116   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 514146 times)

Chokourov

Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #1020 on: December 22, 2013, 10:52:21 AM »

Phil
Cannot agree more cleaning this things is pain in … I know what is lint in prongs tried with needle and tweesers stubborn stuff on the end I burn it with lighter it works :-)
Don't have industrial Espresso machine ( love to have one actually:-) I bought old steam cleaner on flee-bay it seeping stem form all aver but work ok.
Photo is my second job don't see how you guys can pay bills from photo this days. I do jewellery desighn (cad and conventional drawing) plus  gem and diamond setting, it help as I see how this gems react on different light and angles.
Here is one from rejects (swear there no manipulations except crop, exposure and colour balance don't think it needed)

Lorenzo Pierucci

• Work hard & be nice to people
    • Lorenzo Pierucci Studio
« Reply #1021 on: December 22, 2013, 11:48:26 AM »

Shoot for MMoser Taipei ( Taiwan )
Work hard & be nice to people

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #1022 on: December 22, 2013, 02:09:19 PM »

No shooting this stuff is more pain than pay. Its also very hard to explain to a manufacturers mentality about good imagery, when all they do is think how many pieces they can stuff in one shot.
But those are the newbies who have no clue about marketing.  I stopped being an educator, so I don't do these types of shoots much any more.  

You likely use Solidworks and Matrix, Rhino etc. good stuff. You can create images from those files too.  That last one, left stud can be better positioned, but it is nice. (When I say better, I mean I might have positioned it differently:-). It looks great.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:17:37 PM by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1023 on: December 22, 2013, 02:28:33 PM »

A very good friend of mine recently finished her first high end interiors project.  Shot this about 2 weeks ago, during a blizzard; luckily we both live around the corner from this project  :D
Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent moving furniture."  Arnold Newman
“Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.”  William Faulkner

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #1024 on: December 22, 2013, 02:44:01 PM »

These look rather good Joe

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1025 on: December 22, 2013, 04:55:15 PM »

Thanks Phil. 
Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent moving furniture."  Arnold Newman
“Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.”  William Faulkner

HarperPhotos

• http://www.harperphoto.com
« Reply #1026 on: December 22, 2013, 06:13:35 PM »

Hello,

This is the first of a number of 24 locations I have to photograph around New Zealand over the summer for a client of mine.

Nikon D800E and Nikon 14-24mm G lens

Cheers

Simon
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #1027 on: December 22, 2013, 08:23:23 PM »

Hello,

This is the first of a number of 24 locations I have to photograph around New Zealand over the summer for a client of mine.
Cheers

Simon

Poor Simon :-) nice!

Rob C

« Reply #1028 on: December 23, 2013, 04:24:17 AM »

Hello,

Cheers

Simon

Nice shot, Simon, just one question: it's never been my bag, so I don't know, but should interiors look so, well, yellow? Especially when shown in conjunction with the great outdoors? Perhaps it's a convention of the genre.

Rob C
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:19:11 PM by Rob C »

kikashi

« Reply #1029 on: December 23, 2013, 04:32:49 AM »

should interiors look so, well, yellow?

Warm and inviting, Rob. Not "yellow".

Jeremy

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1030 on: December 23, 2013, 08:53:20 AM »

Nice image Simon.  Although, I would like to see it color balanced somewhere between inside and out; the yellow just seems too strong. 
Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

Ken R

« Reply #1031 on: December 23, 2013, 09:13:22 AM »

Nice image Simon.  Although, I would like to see it color balanced somewhere between inside and out; the yellow just seems too strong. 

I agree. I like the composition the subject, the clouds and the time of day / light chosen to shoot it but the color inside is too intense and a bit warm. The sky also seems a bit purplish to me.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.
    • My website
Re: Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #1032 on: December 23, 2013, 10:56:35 AM »

Nice shot, Simon, just one question: it's never been my bag, so I don't know, but should interiors look so, well, yellow?...

Ah, Rob, you apparently did not get the whole brief!

The client for this shot was the local fire department and this is just the first shot in a series. The next ones are showing them in full gear, entering the scene and braving the blaze that is obviously engulfing the beautiful home from within ;)

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #1033 on: December 23, 2013, 11:15:12 AM »

A few from a pretty awesome recent project...

All Rm3d / IQ 260

CB
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:17:13 AM by Chris Barrett »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.
    • My website
Re: Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #1034 on: December 23, 2013, 11:54:11 AM »

Now I am longing for Simon's warm interiors ;)

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #1035 on: December 23, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »

Top shelf Chris...nicely done!

ACH DIGITAL

• http://www.achdigital.com
« Reply #1036 on: December 23, 2013, 02:04:33 PM »

Hello,

Cheers

Simon

Nice image Simon.!
ACH
Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #1037 on: December 23, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »

Hello,

Cheers

Simon

Since some others have offered critiques, I will try my hand as well. I agree with some others about colors the exterior lighting. Personally, I would prefer less of a purplish bias to the exterior. This is not to say that a purplish cast is wrong for twilights, just that it seems a bit strong to me for this particular shot, with the lighting at hand.

As to the color of the interior light, which some have said is too yellow, I think maybe in this case it is too warm, and perhaps could be biased a bit more orange and less yellow. For a later, twilight, shot, I think it might be a different case. However, the colors for these kinds of shots can be rather subjective and don't necessarily have to be strictly what the eye would see in real life.

Also, I think this could have been shot later, which would have yielded a more dramatic effect (assuming that would be acceptable for the client). And, while I like the composition, I wonder what this would have looked like shot from a little further away. As it is, I find the scale (near-far) distortion a bit strong for something like this. However, maybe there wasn't enough room for other options?

Lastly, I would have added some light to those skylights on the left and maybe lightened up the upper windows to make them closer in brightness to the lower ones.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 03:41:16 PM by David Eichler »

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #1038 on: December 23, 2013, 06:19:41 PM »

There is always things you can do, and nice suggestions....

Though, I don't think Simon was trying to show this as a "final" image . He was saying that it's 1 of a few locations. 
If you were to look at that image...Besides color the center can be distorted to sit flatter(convex), colors can be balanced etc.
But seeing Simon's work, he just put this up about the project. Either way, not a bad image.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1039 on: December 29, 2013, 08:54:33 AM »

These are not really professional works, but close to it.  

For the first two images, I shot part the interiors for a local architect this month who did a large renovation inside.  Being so, the exteriors were not a concern during the shoot and I had to get somewhere else to grab a dusk shot of another building they did on the campus.  So I went back later and took these for my portfolio.  

The last image is probably the coolest new building in Philly and is about 2 miles from where I live.  The architect is very loyal to Esto  >:(, so I am shooting this as personal project.  Problem with this building is that dusk is the best time to shoot, but there is only a 5 minute window, and with a CF & polarizer, you can not get more than one shot a night.  So I will be return a few more nights.  I know someone who works at the university too, so I am going to try and get interiors too.  
Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 116   Go Up