Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 108   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 461742 times)

Professional

Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #800 on: October 05, 2013, 01:32:43 AM »

I agree about those architectural shots, very nice, i like them, i wish to see some buildings that interesting to shoot.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #801 on: October 05, 2013, 06:02:14 AM »

I agree about those architectural shots, very nice, i like them, i wish to see some buildings that interesting to shoot.

Dito ... very well executed work !
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

MichaelEzra

• http://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #802 on: October 05, 2013, 08:29:43 PM »

a chemex coffee brewer for a mag cover all about coffee
I love the colors:)

Here is one (or two) more from the same session:

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #803 on: October 06, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »

For my part, I don't know if I like Michaels work, but I am quite impressed by it. It's great work!

Best regards
Erik

Greek sculpture has fascinated artists, historians, and regular folks for millinia. I think Ezra's work certainly exhibits a classical aesthetic. But, I've yet to encounter a Greek sculpture able to capture the female form as Ezra does. His models are real. The synergy between all of the elements--artist, model, space, and moment in time fit together in a manner that is truly sublime,rare. My guess is that he has spent years cultivating his skill. And his images are mysterious. His models have obviously been on a journey exploring the limits of body and mind. There is a certain contemplative/mediative aspect of his work that satisfies.

The picture of the girl in the bar is not a bad picture, nor is it a great one. It is not mysterious or subtle. It's a one-liner. And it's common. I see a lot of work like that in portfolios from enthusiast photographers that are workshop junkies. Michael's work is not like that. I cannot even imagine how beautiful one of his images would look as an artisan print. I see silver, not grey.

BobDavid

« Reply #804 on: October 06, 2013, 04:03:58 PM »

I love the 2 for 1, Michael. Keep 'em rolling.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #805 on: October 06, 2013, 08:06:38 PM »

Shoot this last week.  P45+, single capture, and then pushed the hell out of it in post.   ;)
Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent moving furniture."  Arnold Newman
“Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.”  William Faulkner

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #806 on: October 06, 2013, 08:40:35 PM »

Joe, I would have waited longer till when the interior spaces started to glow (not just the light sources).
Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Gittings
Architecture and Landscape Photography
WWW.GITTINGSPHOTO.COM
LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #807 on: October 06, 2013, 09:22:24 PM »

Greek sculpture has fascinated artists, historians, and regular folks for millenia. I think Ezra's work certainly exhibits a classical aesthetic. But, I've yet to encounter a Greek sculpture able to capture the female form as Ezra does. His models are real. The synergy between all of the elements--artist, model, space, and moment in time fit together in a manner that is truly sublime,rare. My guess is that he has spent years cultivating his skill. And his images are mysterious. His models have obviously been on a journey exploring the limits of body and mind. There is a certain contemplative/meditative aspect of his work that satisfies.

<snip>I cannot even imagine how beautiful one of his images would look as an artisan print. I see silver, not grey.

What he said, me too!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
« Reply #808 on: October 06, 2013, 09:32:46 PM »

Joe, I would have waited longer till when the interior spaces started to glow (not just the light sources).

Joe, I agree with Kirk.  Your shot would have been the base capture for my approach to a backlit dusk shot.  I leave the camera in place from before sunset until it's completely dark.  I then run the inside light bracket thru Photomatix to even out the light sources and drop the file on the base shot as a lighten or screen blend.  Quite often the exterior lighting also will come into play making a more impactful image.  Jim

JoeKitchen

« Reply #809 on: October 06, 2013, 09:36:31 PM »

I am not sure how I feel about having that happen, seeing more of the inside; you have to give me a few days to disconnect from this version before coming to a conclusion on that.  However, if this was the main shot, I probably would have waited longer.  The main shot was the interior, which I had to run inside after this and set up (not through post yet), and the backside (see below).  They were much more important than this image, which was a novelty to myself and the architect.  

With that shot (the one above), I was more impressed with how hard I could push the file and still get a very usable image.  I have tried and failed several times with my Canon gear to shoot a similar image with the sun behind the building while still being able to pull out the details in the shadows.  
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:42:15 PM by JoeKitchen »
Joe Kitchen
www.josephmkitchen.com

"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent moving furniture."  Arnold Newman
“Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.”  William Faulkner

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
« Reply #810 on: October 06, 2013, 10:42:30 PM »

Joe, Try experimenting with Photomatix, the extended range that is possible thru their exposure fusion mode is a tremendous asset to an architectural photographer.  Jim

BobDavid

« Reply #811 on: October 08, 2013, 11:30:57 PM »

Standard Poodle against a grey seamless background.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #812 on: October 09, 2013, 12:14:07 AM »

Nice one, Bob, but I still prefer Michael Ezra's levitating nudes against a grey seamless background.  ;)
-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my photo website. New images each season. Also visit my new website: http://ericneedsakidney.org

BobDavid

« Reply #813 on: October 09, 2013, 08:26:19 AM »

Nice one, Bob, but I still prefer Michael Ezra's levitating nudes against a grey seamless background.  ;)

It's hard to compete with the female form. I prefer Michael Ezra's levitating nudes to this picture. As a dog photographer, I am a minimalist and do not stuff the backgrounds with silly props or worse, have the dogs pose in costumes. I appreciate what it takes to render a seamless paper background smooth as silk.

NickCroken

« Reply #814 on: October 09, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »

Thank you  :)

I've got some more:

I absolutely love these! How much post processing do you do? Would you mind sharing a before and after (publicly or privately) if not, I totally understand!

Aphoto

• Architectural photography, Berlin
« Reply #815 on: October 10, 2013, 05:09:56 AM »

I absolutely love these! How much post processing do you do? Would you mind sharing a before and after (publicly or privately) if not, I totally understand!

I did some post-processing: In general, I pushed the shadows a fair amount, changed the sky a little bit (selection) and removed some objects, I don't like. 
About 1hour/picture.

raw file:

HCAM + Aptus II 8 + TS-E 24mm + 12mm shift
Amazingly, the top of the building is still pretty sharp.

Best, Adrian // www.adrianschulz.com

Mr. Rib

« Reply #816 on: October 10, 2013, 10:44:40 AM »

I like the first one, the rest looks a tad bit too much like a 3d render for my liking but that's of course only my opinion.

NickCroken

« Reply #817 on: October 10, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »

Thanks so much Aphoto!! That's a lot less post work than I was expecting!

HarperPhotos

• http://www.harperphoto.com
« Reply #818 on: October 10, 2013, 07:58:58 PM »

Hello,

This shot was partly lit using my new Ice Light.

Cheers

Simon
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

MAmaro

« Reply #819 on: October 10, 2013, 08:58:04 PM »

Simon,

Great shot, that Ice Light is really a nice piece of kit to work with!  I been testing mine out and find it creates great highlight lines along the contours of the body.  I think that's where you used it in your photo if I'm not mistaken.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 108   Go Up