Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 147   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 1205706 times)

JoeKitchen

Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #680 on: September 19, 2013, 04:58:36 pm »

Hello,

New image for Honda.

Nikon D800E, Nikon 85mm PC-E lens and Dedo lights

Cheers

Simon
This is really cool!
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

NickCroken

« Reply #681 on: September 19, 2013, 07:12:26 pm »

A recent portrait of the founder of a machine shop here in Edmonton.  88 years old and still hands on his shop, a truly remarkable man.

SeanBK

« Reply #682 on: September 20, 2013, 03:28:24 am »

Nice image Nick. Still frame from Red I assume, looking @ the title of the file.  ;) Tho' it could b his name too 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 04:37:18 am by SeanBK »

NickCroken

« Reply #683 on: September 20, 2013, 02:58:33 pm »

Thanks Sean!  It's actually a d800e file.  My company is Redline Photography so I just changed the first few lets to red for easier file tracking.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #684 on: September 20, 2013, 03:11:01 pm »

... yes, it's been slightly blurred on purpose and grained, but for some reason the whole image, including the copy (mainly on the right), is now extra-blurred too, where it isn't on the file I transmitted to LuLa.

;-(

That photo is pin-sharp, as I'm sure everyone else will confirm. Maybe you need to get your eyes tested  ;)

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #685 on: September 20, 2013, 04:33:33 pm »

the view from today's location.  Just wrapped 5 days of furniture.  Now I have a week off and then start production on a new short film.  Bisy Bisy Backson!

Rob C

« Reply #686 on: September 20, 2013, 05:54:36 pm »

That photo is pin-sharp, as I'm sure everyone else will confirm. Maybe you need to get your eyes tested  ;)

Thanks for the confirmation - it makes me more convinced that there's something odd going on in my computer when it deals with LuLa. Having said which, I don't find the same softening looking at other people's images on LuLa. I discount the eyes, even though I do have problems, because my images are as crisp when viewed on my LaCie via the memory of the computer on which the pix are created, as they look when I inspect them from the external hard drive on which I store them for added security and for posting via the other, Internet-linked machine. Again, thank you for your confirmation - it makes me feel happier that the world at large sees them more as they were intended to look!

But I do wish I understood where the problem lies.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 05:58:11 pm by Rob C »

ACH DIGITAL

• http://www.achdigital.com
« Reply #687 on: September 20, 2013, 07:16:07 pm »

Been busy these past weeks on a Home and Apparel shooting. These are a couple of them.

ACH
Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com

SeanBK

« Reply #688 on: September 21, 2013, 12:27:11 am »

Antonio, Real tough but successful results. Like the two.

SeanBK

« Reply #689 on: September 21, 2013, 12:28:58 am »

A typical Chris Barrett smooth tones & a terrific composition. Leaf back? :)

Rob C

« Reply #690 on: September 21, 2013, 06:00:46 am »

Recent, in the sense that I have developed my own, dedicated brand of colour film.

The difficulty, as ever, is in the marketing.

(500C + 4/150 + Ektachrome 64.)

;-)

Rob C

P.S. This still looks like mush to me - hope the grain is crisp for you. It's fine (for me) seen outwith the LuLa translation.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 06:05:32 am by Rob C »

jerome_m

« Reply #691 on: September 21, 2013, 07:16:15 am »

This still looks like mush to me - hope the grain is crisp for you. It's fine (for me) seen outwith the LuLa translation.

When I click the image, my browser opens a small window with a bigger version of the image. The grain does not look sharp in that window, because it is too small for the image. The browser uses its internal scaling function to fit the image to the window.

When I move my mouse pointer in that small window, it changes to a magnifier. When I click with this magnifier, it tells my browser not to scale the picture and I get to see the picture in its original resolution. The picture looks noticeably sharper.

Your browser may use a different symbol than the magnifier. Internet Explorer, for example, displays a symbol at the lower right side of the picture.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #692 on: September 21, 2013, 08:03:59 am »

Shot these recently, very cool project.  That curved wall is actually 1x3 inch (about that size) rectangles of vinyl sown together and wrapped around a somewhat soft material.  Kind of cool. 

Rob C

« Reply #693 on: September 21, 2013, 10:20:11 am »

When I click the image, my browser opens a small window with a bigger version of the image. The grain does not look sharp in that window, because it is too small for the image. The browser uses its internal scaling function to fit the image to the window.

When I move my mouse pointer in that small window, it changes to a magnifier. When I click with this magnifier, it tells my browser not to scale the picture and I get to see the picture in its original resolution. The picture looks noticeably sharper.

Your browser may use a different symbol than the magnifier. Internet Explorer, for example, displays a symbol at the lower right side of the picture.

Thanks, Jerome -

I have Windows Explorer, and what I get when I click on the thumbnail is the enlarged image in a new window, along with a scale system that allows for magnifications/reductions by clicking on the enlargement percentages that run down the right hand side. I have it at 100%.

Alternatively, I can move the pointer over the image and that gives a small + or - symbol that, on clicking, does a small change in magnification.

But there's no visible change in definition beyond the expected degradation on going larger than 100%.

Best -

Rob C

ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #694 on: September 21, 2013, 10:38:53 am »

Antonio, Real tough but successful results. Like the two.

Thanks Sean. It indeed was tough. Many people involved and many decisions to make, but I love it!
It is part interior photography and part still life.

The forum (Recent Professional Works 2) has been moving these days. That is a good sign. Sorry to be away too long.

ACH
Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #695 on: September 21, 2013, 12:36:12 pm »

Joe, nice stuff... a quick pointer from my toolbox.  If you can turn off those overhead cove lights, then you can grab an exposure of the windows with no reflection.  It's usually a very quick composite in post and makes things feel a bit nicer.

Sean, thanks!  That's out of the IQ 260 which recently replaced my P65+.

CB
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 02:46:26 pm by Chris Barrett »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #696 on: September 21, 2013, 05:00:07 pm »

Joe, nice stuff... a quick pointer from my toolbox.  If you can turn off those overhead cove lights, then you can grab an exposure of the windows with no reflection.  It's usually a very quick composite in post and makes things feel a bit nicer.

Sean, thanks!  That's out of the IQ 260 which recently replaced my P65+.

CB
Chris, thanks and nice tip; I have done that before.  For this project, the cove lights in the lobby were on the emergency breaker, however maybe I should have done that with the board room image.

Oh well; I'll have to remember this for Tuesday.  Shooting an arboretum, reflection heaven.   :-\

ACH DIGITAL

« Reply #697 on: September 23, 2013, 10:24:30 am »

Some more from last week shooting. For all, previous photos and theses ones I used Nikon D800 60mm G Macro, 85mm G 1.8, Pentax 645 120mm Macro with adapter.

ACH
Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #698 on: September 23, 2013, 11:01:35 am »

Nice work Antonio. Were you working with a stylist and art director? I require such for work like this even if it is low budget editorial as I have enough to do working out the lighting.
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

Aphoto

• Architectural photography, Berlin
« Reply #699 on: September 23, 2013, 12:22:43 pm »

Two new city houses in Berlin:

HCAM + Aptus II8 + Zork PSA + Pentax 645 A 35mm
Best, Adrian // www.adrianschulz.com
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 147   Go Up