Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 147   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 1205167 times)

JaapD

Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #2180 on: July 11, 2016, 04:32:50 am »

A Great image indeed. Is the left girl wearing her bra backwards? It would be interesting to see her front side. Just kidding of course!

... and back to work again...

ynp

• http://
« Reply #2181 on: July 11, 2016, 09:10:25 am »

More lifestyle from SM campaign.

BC
Very beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #2182 on: July 11, 2016, 09:32:52 am »

The palette, contrast and tonality... feels like it was shot on Neg.  Beautiful.

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #2183 on: July 11, 2016, 11:51:55 am »

BC

Lovely BC.  Colour is so important!
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

pearlstreet

« Reply #2184 on: July 11, 2016, 12:35:39 pm »

BC

love love love...

calindustries

• http://www.craiglacourt.com
« Reply #2185 on: July 11, 2016, 05:42:02 pm »

Out-take from last shoot. Great diverse talent group the client put together.

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
Re: Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #2186 on: July 13, 2016, 02:13:50 am »

Wow! You really tempt me to bug you for an invite on set! Watching you guys work would be awesome. :D
Instagram (updated often)

Chris Barrett

« Reply #2187 on: July 13, 2016, 11:05:51 am »

Some of our handiwork from South Korea is finally seeing the light of day.  We had 6 days to play in this space and I kept two crews running continuously.  So much fun!

Big thanks to Chiek for coming out to help and bringing along his 11-24  ;)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 11:13:38 am by Chris Barrett »

pearlstreet

« Reply #2188 on: July 13, 2016, 04:01:02 pm »

Some of our handiwork from South Korea is finally seeing the light of day.  We had 6 days to play in this space and I kept two crews running continuously.  So much fun!

Big thanks to Chiek for coming out to help and bringing along his 11-24  ;)

Wow! What a great shot.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #2189 on: July 13, 2016, 07:00:29 pm »

BC

J, the pic and the color control is wonderful; to me the talent comes across as an alien from some frozen planet, way colder than Venus ...

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

eronald

« Reply #2190 on: July 13, 2016, 07:31:20 pm »

It is always a pleasure for the suggestions your offer Edmund. I'll try to remember to send you our casting sheets before production for opinions.

I see you loaded your acid pen again or is it just filled with wine?

IMO

BC

J,

Reactions depend on the viewer.
 My question -if such- was whether you intended and cast a somewhat "mechanical doll "impression to go with the Blue/Cyan, or whether this is my sadly unaided hallucination?
 I'm not exactly a schooled art critic, nor  emotionally subtle, so feel free to educate me on the intended atmosphere of this image. Blue/Cyan has been seen as cool/sf-ish since BladeRunner.
 If one is willing to say that photography is an art, then one may ask whether such or such an emotion was intended to be evoked by the artist ...

Edmund
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:38:12 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Chris Barrett

« Reply #2191 on: July 13, 2016, 07:57:59 pm »

Cold perhaps... but what I read is vulnerability.  The subtle resignation in her posture, her lips inhaling in question, her eyes guarded, uncertain.  I think it's a dead on portrait of how women in today's society have to be constantly on their guard against predatory eyes.  If we find that today's women are cold and aloof, I'm afraid that men are entirely to blame.

eronald

« Reply #2192 on: July 13, 2016, 10:16:55 pm »

Cold perhaps... but what I read is vulnerability.  The subtle resignation in her posture, her lips inhaling in question, her eyes guarded, uncertain.  I think it's a dead on portrait of how women in today's society have to be constantly on their guard against predatory eyes.  If we find that today's women are cold and aloof, I'm afraid that men are entirely to blame.

Chris,

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

BTW, that interior space image you posted is spectacular. A very nice image. In my opinion.

Edmund

Jeremy Roussak

• Global Moderator
    • site
« Reply #2193 on: July 14, 2016, 04:16:34 am »

I think it's a dead on portrait of how women in today's society have to be constantly on their guard against predatory eyes.

Eyes which are particularly "predatory" when the women are posing to be photographed in their underwear, presumably. Anyway, "colder than Venus" provides a fair bit of leeway.

Jeremy

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #2194 on: July 14, 2016, 08:06:45 am »

I will greatly miss your posts, they helped me a lot actually. At least I can still follow your work on Facebook.
Instagram (updated often)

vjbelle

« Reply #2195 on: July 14, 2016, 08:16:33 am »

Keith thank you I respect you but I'm outta here.   I would love the ariticle i wrote on the Leica removed and all posts.

As long as the E ronalds dominate I have zero interest in being involved. I know and work with brave people, some in the shadows and he's neither.  He's just a typist with a bottle of cheap wine.

IMO

Gone

I've posted this in another thread but want to also add it here...... you will be really missed.

Victor

Rob C

« Reply #2196 on: July 14, 2016, 11:23:44 am »

James, don't fucking go.

There's neither need to respond to, nor even to read what specific posters write. You have a button  - I think - to take care of that, and problem solved.

I've done what you contemplate three times (over a year hasn't been an unusual 'divorce'), but the only person losing out is oneself. Sometimes, others also miss one's presence and communication continues elsewhere, but it doesn't feel quite the same because you can miss the value of conflicting points of view that are not always couched in offensive manner.

My own solution has been not to click 'ignore' but simply really to ignore and not read posts from people I consider to be stupid or just argumentative. If you don't respond they run out of air and realise what dicks they are fighting a shadow that refuses to see them.

So I ask you, old photographer to young photographer, please reconsider and don't diminish LuLa by leaving. Anyone can see just how valuable an input you can and do make. Let's not blow all of that and make the rest of us the poorer for it.

Please?

Rob C
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:39:00 pm by Rob C »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2197 on: July 14, 2016, 01:20:17 pm »

James, don't fucking go.

There's neither need to respond to, nor even to read what specific posters write. You have a button  - I think - to take care of that, and problem solved.

I've done what you contemplate three times (over a year hasn't been an unusual 'divorce'), but the only person losing out is oneself. Sometimes, others also miss one's presence and communication continues elswhere, but it doesn't feel quite the same because you can miss the value of conflicting points of view that are not always couched in offensive manner.

My own solution has been not to click 'ignore' but simply really to ignore and not read posts from people I consider to be stupid or just argumentative. If you don't respond they run out of air and realise what dicks they are fighting a shadow that refuses to see them.

So I ask you, old photographer to young photographer, please reconsider and don't diminish LuLa by leaving. Anyone can see just how valuable an input you can and do make. Let's not blow all of that and make the rest of us the poorer for it.

Please?

Rob C
+1000!
I'm an old photographer too, but not a pro. But I have learned so much and been inspired by your posts. I will miss you very much if you leave.

Eric M.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2198 on: July 14, 2016, 03:39:29 pm »

This is a ridiculous criticism and one directed at this young woman, just so you could poke at James. Way to go. By the way, you are wrong....

How could he be wrong? He is expressing his personal impression. To you she isn't (cold)... to him, she is. These are opinions, not facts, so who is to say which one is right or wrong?

vjbelle

« Reply #2199 on: July 14, 2016, 04:10:25 pm »

How could he be wrong? He is expressing his personal impression. To you she isn't (cold)... to him, she is. These are opinions, not facts, so who is to say which one is right or wrong?

Stir the pot..... stir the pot.

Victor
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 147   Go Up