Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 147   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Recent Professional Works 2  (Read 1207527 times)

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
Re: Recent Professional Works 2
« Reply #1800 on: September 20, 2015, 12:31:07 am »

A few more from today, BW.

love the B&W conversion. Do you mind sharing what PP you used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddolde

« Reply #1801 on: September 20, 2015, 12:41:52 am »

Michael, I love the black and whites. They make NY look appealing and I've never been or wanted to go there. I'm a desert rat hate the city. This is my territory. IQ180, 28mm

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:49:20 am by ddolde »

IanB

« Reply #1802 on: September 20, 2015, 08:29:46 am »

Ian, from the architect/customer position - how do you/they discover photographers for commercial projects?

Hi Michael,

I like your monochrome work a lot, too - good stuff.

Word of mouth is definitely the prime way of finding an architectural photographer. It's been a good few years since I was involved in the commercial architecture scene in London (which I assume operates rather like New York), but even over quite a few years I can't really recall all that many successful collaborations with photographers - people were often picked simply on price. Unfortunately, architects fees are not really that high, so there was in many cases little room for manouvre. Clients can be a better bet if you want to earn a real living, but in the commercial field will be less culturally sensitive - and you will have to compete very hard.

The most satisfactory arrangements seem to come from young architects just starting out working with young photographers just starting out - they are usually the same generation and share similar ambitions, and their respective creativities can spark off each other, as well as forming a new "look". That kind of thing leads to a long-term relationship which can develop over decades to mutual benefit. To find such people, though, you need to go where no photographer has gone before - to the young architectural sub-culture, which will be more attached to schools of architecture than wider commerce. And they won't have much money to throw around! (This may help to explain why many successful architectural photographers are failed architects... My own experience is that it is easier for an architect to learn photography than a photographer to learn architecture.) By the time architectural firms are established and publicly visible they will have their own preferences worked out already, and probably their own established working relationships.

The other thing that comes to mind is an agency such as Arcaid - they are well established and very active, and provide a really useful means of contact for themed built environment images - both as stock and for the commissioning of assignments. Their website is well worth looking at: http://www.arcaidimages.com/home.php. However, rumour has it that few are chosen... Richard Bryant was the founder. They work internationally, but I have no idea whether they have significant competitors in the US; they may do. Some young architects, however, feel that they are too "establishment", although that may be over-critical (and a little pretentious?).

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #1803 on: September 20, 2015, 11:19:54 pm »

love the B&W conversion. Do you mind sharing what PP you used?
That is a stunning tower!
This should illustrate the high level workflow I used for single-image shots:

Michael, I love the black and whites. They make NY look appealing and I've never been or wanted to go there. I'm a desert rat hate the city. This is my territory. IQ180, 28mm
Its ironic, once in a while I run away from the city into the desert:), although it is always nice to get back home!

@Ian, thanks for sharing this at length. This is a food for thought. I will try the agency.

One more from today:

inthesouthofireland

• http://www.paschhoff.com
« Reply #1804 on: September 21, 2015, 08:46:30 am »

The other thing that comes to mind is an agency such as Arcaid - they are well established and very active, and provide a really useful means of contact for themed built environment images - both as stock and for the commissioning of assignments. Their website is well worth looking at: http://www.arcaidimages.com/home.php. However, rumour has it that few are chosen...

A few years ago, it seemed that I was one of the chosen few  ::) when they sent me this email:

We at Ambience Images like your work and we'd love you to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Simon

I asked for further information.
No reply from Ambience Images.
I emailed them again ten days later.
No reply whatsoever.

A very professional outfit!

leeonmaui

« Reply #1805 on: September 22, 2015, 06:35:30 am »

Aloha,

its been a long time since i posted here!
I always scan the site, to keep up with what everyone one is doing.

I made a trip to France, I got to play around a bit with my newly converted IR Pentax 654D
and my new Z- the Z is absolutely an amazing camera! I bought the 25mm wide angle, in retrospect, I would most likely have been better off buying the wide angle zoom.

leeonmaui

« Reply #1806 on: September 22, 2015, 06:40:20 am »

Aloha,

I always have problems posting here...

leeonmaui

« Reply #1807 on: September 22, 2015, 06:41:57 am »

last one-

MichaelEzra

« Reply #1808 on: September 23, 2015, 05:02:39 pm »

Paul, thank for suggestion!

Here are some images from yesterday walk in the city. It was a hazy day in New York.
I happened to walk into Taschen book store on 107 Greene Street where on display there are HUGE collectible photobooks, including an incredible one by Annie Leibovitz. I highly recommend visiting this location!

MichaelEzra

« Reply #1809 on: September 27, 2015, 03:43:40 pm »

Playing with portraits.. Mamiya ZD & 55mm AF.  How do you pick this stuff.. Color variations just never end!

gavincato

• Gavin Cato Photography
« Reply #1810 on: September 27, 2015, 06:41:34 pm »

havent posted here in a whiole. here's a few wedding shots from 645z

calindustries

• http://www.craiglacourt.com
« Reply #1811 on: October 26, 2015, 04:25:12 pm »

Some recent images from one of my ad projects. Karlie Kloss for the Wall Street Journal

jvpictures

« Reply #1812 on: October 26, 2015, 04:49:29 pm »

This is a shot when having the first time a Hasselblad in my hands...after years of 35mm full frame cams. critics are very welcome
Juerg

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #1813 on: October 27, 2015, 12:32:28 am »

Love the photograph! I also shoot Hasselblad. One of the best decisions I ever made.

This is a shot when having the first time a Hasselblad in my hands...after years of 35mm full frame cams. critics are very welcome
Juerg
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #1814 on: October 29, 2015, 03:46:33 pm »

Start of a new fine art series.

Credo 40, Mamiya 50mm shift.
2 shot, 66MP stitch.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 03:56:31 pm by synn »
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #1815 on: October 29, 2015, 06:05:02 pm »

Hi,

Really nice. But it may be that you are overcorrecting the keystone effect. I think best practice is to leave some keystone after correction, as human vision expects it.

Architecture sometimes takes this into account, AFAIK, so buildings sometimes are built look correctly in perspective and may have diverging lines.

Best regards
Erik

Start of a new fine art series.

Credo 40, Mamiya 50mm shift.
2 shot, 66MP stitch.
Erik Kaffehr

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #1816 on: October 29, 2015, 06:11:30 pm »

Hi Erik, there is no correction involved here. The towers are naturally a bit skewed and the camera was tilted slightly down.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #1817 on: October 29, 2015, 09:13:27 pm »

Yeah, I felt that slight downward tilt.  It's so subtle that it feels like a mistake.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1818 on: October 30, 2015, 12:42:19 pm »

Shot a little chocolate shop in Manhattan last week.  Here are a few images from the shoot.  I really would have liked to have people in all of the images, but that did not work out. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #1819 on: October 30, 2015, 01:52:43 pm »

Nicely done, Joe.  A couple things... No. 02 the diagonal shadows across the foreground chair and loveseat behind it bug me.  No. 03  ceiling shadows in the background and midground.  These look they're from your lights.  Clean that up, Man.  I always do an exposure with my strobes off to let me clean up ceiling spill and other sloppiness.

The exit signs kill me too.

CB
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 147   Go Up