Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manfrotto Sympla  (Read 3366 times)

RFPhotography

Manfrotto Sympla
« on: February 26, 2013, 02:35:31 pm »

Anyone got any experience with Manfrotto's new Sympla line of video accessories.  It looks like some interesting stuff.  Quite different take on the matte box and the focus controllers are somewhat intriguing too.  Their rig with variable height plate and handles look quite sturdy.

Thanks.

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Re: Manfrotto Sympla
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 03:07:19 pm »

Frotto are a weird bunch - I am hooked to their 501/577 system of tripod plates, suction cups and arri/avenger/frotto grip

but this is from an offline exchange with a mate about the simpla baseplate rod thingy..

FWIW, though, the Manfrotto is a bit of a disappointment. Very big and heavy, and whilst it is adjustable, there's just too many knobs and levers on it. also the rear screw hole misthreaded and is now unusable (not really guarantee job as it's user error). Currently working on the one hole. Seriously chalking it up to experience and seeking a replacement.

I think the best thing with any brand is to get it in your hands and have a yank!

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

RFPhotography

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 07:20:36 pm »

Don't disagree about checking it out in person, Morgan.  If others have experience with it and feel it's complete crap, it might save a trip.  Other aspect is, no one in the largest city in Canada stocks it.  They'll order it in, but you have to plunk your money down first.

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:53:02 pm »

I would not say its crap - I would just hope you can engineer a situation where you can ascertain the quality for yourself

Manfrotto have some legendary parts which are really well designed using their deep pockets

S
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:58:11 pm by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

RFPhotography

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 07:24:38 am »

Maybe on a trip to NYC. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up