Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rainy Day Shots  (Read 587 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Rainy Day Shots
« on: February 25, 2013, 04:11:54 pm »

Dismal, dismal rain for four solid days to the amount of just under 10 inches. I just about had to put water wings on the Mini to get to the store this morning. Pontoons will soon follow. Anyway had to shoot someting or go blooming nuts.

The Natural Way of Rain

The Natural Way of Raindrops

Awash in Jade

If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

nemo295

Re: Rainy Day Shots
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 04:15:18 pm »

The first one works the best for me. I like how the falling raindrops look in the background.

francois

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 03:38:22 am »

The first is also my favorite. I like how the dark green background seems to be cradled by the branch. The second is very similar but I find less harmony in it.
Francois

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:49:31 am »

Thanks for the comments. Amazing how little as a six inch change in focus change alter the impact of an image. I realized as well when posting, the top one had the greatest impact because of way the water flowed in the background against the dark green and as well, the delicateness of the spiderweb holding on against such an onslaught of water. All in all, since Friday last, we received (like it was some kind of special gift), 11.68 inches (29.7 cm) of rain. It's a wonder we didn't all float away (and some did in the river basin areas).

Even realizing the differential, I thought they both made a pretty good visual haiku. I only posted the jade plant in conjunction because of the richness of the water coating and dripping from its leaves.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 08:38:37 am »

I'll vote for the first one too. You guys are lucky, Chris. In the central part of the state we're still bone dry, though it looks as if we're going to get some rain today.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 08:51:46 am »

I hope you don't get what we've had...we needed the rain but would have preferred a little here, a little there. Partly sunny today...and I'll be out and about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up