Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing a profile in LR4  (Read 4925 times)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: Printing a profile in LR4
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 01:58:03 pm »

The only problem with the WinOS version of ACPU is that the patch sizes are about 2% smaller than they should be.  I and others have complained to Adobe about this but they don't seem to be interested.  For my purposes it doesn't matter as the patch set is satisfactorily read using an i1 Pro and ArgyllCMS.

bns

• Boudewijn Swanenburg Photography
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 06:43:12 am »

The only way to know for sure is to print a set of patches from both LR4 (using printer manages color) and ACPU and make the corresponding measurements to see if they are the same.  While this is certainly not a priority for me, I'll try to do just this when I have some spare time to do this.  It's easy to do running ArgyllCMS as the data can be exported to Excel and then analyzed quickly.

alan

I like to show the result of such a test so not everyone has to spoil a piece of paper and some ink. The left side of the image below shows a sheet of patches printed through ACPU (Windows 7). The right side are the same patches printed through LR 4.3 on the same paper, with setting CM managed by printer. In both cases CM in printer is switched off.
The patches printed through ACPU have been used to create a valid profile. Printing through LR without CM somehow (mis)manages color.

Boudewijn

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 05:57:47 pm »

I like to show the result of such a test so not everyone has to spoil a piece of paper and some ink. The left side of the image below shows a sheet of patches printed through ACPU (Windows 7). The right side are the same patches printed through LR 4.3 on the same paper, with setting CM managed by printer. In both cases CM in printer is switched off.
The patches printed through ACPU have been used to create a valid profile. Printing through LR without CM somehow (mis)manages color.

Boudewijn
And you don't even need to read the patches and import the data into Excel!!! ;D

Alan

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 06:43:47 pm »

It's free and simple and works.
As others have pointed out, it doesn't properly work on Windows systems. The resizing and unequal margins can cause problems when charts need to be read by auto spectrophotometers.
They haven't bothered to fix this yet and probably won't in the future.

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 05:41:58 am »

Many thanks to all, and specially to bns for the wasted paper. ;)
Seems ACPU is the definite way to go then.
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up