Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Down for a shave and haircut  (Read 1037 times)

cjogo

Down for a shave and haircut
« on: February 25, 2013, 12:50:58 pm »

BRNO  hair salon

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Down for a shave and haircut
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 12:54:47 pm »

You surely knew how to put that SWC to good use!

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 04:14:34 pm »

You surely knew how to put that SWC to good use!
+1.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

cjogo

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 06:29:35 pm »

Yes= a wonderful camera in tight spots .. plus it was super sharp and never ran out of ~ depth of field . ;)  I carried a 60/ 150 /SWC & 4 backs. Really like the texture  on the walls ... and how that basin just sits at the bottom with the chair and Czech art on the wall  8) .

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 05:01:28 am »

All the elements come together very well indeed: the textured walls, the arch, the chair, the picture. Well seen!

Jeremy

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 08:56:49 am »

All the elements come together very well indeed: the textured walls, the arch, the chair, the picture. Well seen!

Jeremy

I was thinking this more about the shot than anything else. How wonderfully well seen. Given the camera and obvious skill level of the artist, exposure, etc was almost a given; but to see that chair at the bottom of the stairwell, to understand the graphic nature of the compostion and render it artistically, now that's really something to take note of, and to appreciate to its fullest measure.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

francois

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 10:37:44 am »

Jeremy

I can't really add anything to this…

Bravo!
Francois

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 10:48:09 am »

I hope everybody learned something about leading lines from this shot. I sure did. Very nice, Jogo.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

cjogo

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 12:44:35 pm »

Thanks for all the kudos ~!  :D  The most difficult task of taking photos for me -- is the the time you disrupt a business like this.   The exposure for all my images were at least a 1 minute or more =& composing a good 10 minutes  > so you have to wait for customers to pass by.  Not that I am aggressive ..but no one really gave access to basement of this establishment.  No one really spoke English > so they didn't refuse.  I am sure they thought we would take just quick snap shot of the stairwell we posted here ..and we were there for well over an hour ,,     :o

l_d_allan

• Berean photos
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 05:50:43 pm »

Very nice composition. I'll keep my eyes peeled for something similar, though I'd be pleased with a capture half as nice as yours.

My 2¢ ...
  • Perhaps crop the left/bottom 10% or so to simplify. That part of the steps is different from the other steps, which I found distracting. My guess is that it is part of an unseen landing.
  • Also, in the upper left, the texture of the wall (stucco?) has flecks that look a bit like sensor dust. That probably isn't the case, but ... to me ... that's what they looked like.
  • To me, there is something like a tall rectangle that looks kind of like a cobweb in the upper left. Again, that probably isn't what it is, but whatever it is, it pulls attention from my enjoyment of the composition
  • Regarding the title ... clever, but my first thought was the chair + sink was for hair washing.
retired in Colorado Springs, CO, USA ... hobby'ist with mostly Canon gear

cjogo

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 07:40:51 pm »

Very nice composition. I'll keep my eyes peeled for something similar, though I'd be pleased with a capture half as nice as yours.

My 2¢ ...
  • Perhaps crop the left/bottom 10% or so to simplify. That part of the steps is different from the other steps, which I found distracting. My guess is that it is part of an unseen landing.
  • Also, in the upper left, the texture of the wall (stucco?) has flecks that look a bit like sensor dust. That probably isn't the case, but ... to me ... that's what they looked like.
  • To me, there is something like a tall rectangle that looks kind of like a cobweb in the upper left. Again, that probably isn't what it is, but whatever it is, it pulls attention from my enjoyment of the composition
  • Regarding the title ... clever, but my first thought was the chair + sink was for hair washing.

No sensor dust here -- thats dust embedded in the film = HP5  ~ from '95 -- then scanned in 2002

Yes :: this area is for hair washing :D --- buts its not as catchy > as my title  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up