Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 No color center with MAC Mountain Lion  (Read 1706 times)

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
Z3200 No color center with MAC Mountain Lion
« on: February 24, 2013, 08:46:35 pm »

Just bought a nice shiny iMac and moving from PC (Win 7) to Mac mountain lion OSX 10.8.  Moving all to Mac now and having problems with the install of the Z3200 Mac driver.  Installed Mac_OS_X_HP_Designjet_Raster_Driver.dmg version 21 dated 31 July 2012.  I am able to see the printer and print to it with the default HP profiles but I did not get the color center application that I have on the PC loaded with the Mac driver.  Without Color Center I cannot download from the printer the custom paper profiles that I created for Epson hot and cold press papers.  Also without Color Center don't know how I will recalibrate papers as I do monthly.

Any tips much appreciated.

deanwork

Re: Z3200 No color center with MAC Mountain Lion
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 09:49:42 pm »

Make sure you install the latest firmware. If that does not solve the problem call Hp and make a big issue out of it. They are getting sloppy and slow with their updates. But first make sure you have the latest firmware installed.

robertDthomas

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 10:10:19 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  I do not have the latest firmware installed.  Had read some issues with it so skipped installing.  Guess I will do that tomorrow.  Do I need to uninstall the Z3200 the re-install to get the color center function to come up?

robertDthomas

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 03:24:05 pm »

Well finally installed the new firmware.  Had problems installing from the MAC so as the file was extraced firmware file was not selectable. So went to the PC which is still on the network and was able to install the TR-12-RB_13.0.0.2 firmware file. I can get to the printers web page from both the Mac and the PC. and I can open the HP utility on the PC and can open the Color Center tab.

On the MAC still no color center.  Down loaded and tried to install the HP utility for MAC the MAC_OSX_HP_Designjet_HP_Utility.dmg and I get an error when trying to install this app. which says:
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000d0019e07
 :(
Do I have to uninstall the printer driver and start over or is there something else I need to do.

Thanks

gfsymon

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 09:22:47 am »

You don't need to install the driver.

You connect the printer, then either try to print something, or go into Print/Scan Preferences (System Preferences) and choose to Add a printer.  MacOS will download and install the latest version (22.0).  Once installed and still in Print/Scan Preferences, select the z3200 and click on Options/Supplies.  In there you will find access to the utility and clicking it will open it up.  You will notice it in the Dock.  From there you can either choose to Keep in Dock, or ... Options / Show in Finder ... then make an alias and put it wherever you want to have it handy.

robertDthomas

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 10:54:42 am »

;D,

Thank you Thank you.  Boy do I feel stupid.  New to Mac from PC world for so many years.  A lot to learn.

I followed your instructions to the T and there it was.

Thanks Again

gfsymon

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 10:59:47 am »

You're welcome. :)

No need to feel stupid.  Frequently with the Mac, the simplest things seem so complicated, but in fact if you just ignore the instinct to try and do it yourself, you will find that the Mac does it for you.

Your biggest friend in moving to the Mac, is the Help Menu.  Lots of stuff in there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up