Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alamere Falls on Crisp Day  (Read 612 times)

Matt Tilghman

• MattTilghman.com
Alamere Falls on Crisp Day
« on: February 24, 2013, 02:10:25 pm »

Alamere Falls is one of the crowned jewels of Point Reyes National Seashore, California.  Though not visited as frequently as some of the other icons, such as Chimney Rock and Point Reyes Lighthouse, it is easily as beautiful.  This type of waterfall is also known as a "tidefall," or a waterfall that falls directly onto a beach or into an ocean.  Alamere Falls is one of only two tidefalls in California, along with McWay Falls in Big Sur.  At 40 feet high, Alamere is shorter than McWay, but often has significantly more water flow.  It's also usually a bit more private and secluded, since the closest road is about a 5 mile hike away, and getting all the way to the waterfall's base requires quite a scramble.  However, on this beautiful winter day, the nicest weather we had seen in a while, quite a few people made the trek.  It was a struggle to find a composition that even had few enough people for me to crop or clone out.  I settled on this composition, giving equal homage to the waterfall as well as the final stretch down the pebbly beach and into the Pacific Ocean.

Hope you enjoy!

Alamere Falls on Crisp Day
Check out my gallery and photoshop blog:  www.MattTilghman.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up