Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's wrong with my Epson 9900?  (Read 1074 times)

RobinFaichney

What's wrong with my Epson 9900?
« on: February 24, 2013, 12:00:02 pm »

My ESP9900 just produced this horrible mess (attached). I initially cancelled the job when I saw the image was too small, and I don't yet know the reason for that, but I'm guessing it's independent of whatever's causing these scrapes and smears. The paper is a 315gsm matte A2 and the image is of surf, or rather of a pastel drawing of surf, and it's mostly blue and white with a little green, in case it's not immediately obvious what doesn't belong to it. Immediately prior to this two A3 prints were successfully made on the same paper. I guess I'll likely have to call support but in the meantime should I try again or might that risk causing (more) damage?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: What's wrong with my Epson 9900?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 04:08:16 pm »

Looks like a severe head strike.  What is the paper thickness and what platen gap are you using?

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

RobinFaichney

Re: What's wrong with my Epson 9900?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 02:08:34 am »

Actual paper thickness is 460 microns but in the driver settings it's 0.2mm with the platen gap set to auto, so I guess that's the problem. I changed the media type without checking the thickness setting. In this situation should I be worried about knock-on effects or just correct the settings and get back to printing?

Later: I've now successfully made the print on which the problem was encountered, it seems no damage was caused. :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:16:20 am by RobinFaichney »
Pages: [1]   Go Up