Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble Downloading i1 Display 2 software onto Recent IMac  (Read 10242 times)

PhilipCummins

Re: Trouble Downloading i1 Display 2 software onto Recent IMac
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 01:01:26 am »

Isn't this particular software available for download to anyone who registers on the web site?

It's free for demo/eval purposes - it doesn't require a login however you can't create or save profiles. However, when you purchase/use the i1 Profiler software (as part of i1 Publish, i1 Display Pro or upgrade from i1 Match or ProfileMaker) in the HASP USB dongle, i1Pro[2] or i1 Display 2/Pro the new license & EULA applies. In general if you're a consultant it would be best to convince the company or user to purchase their own equipment (particularly for display calibration) so they can understand and regularly calibrate their own equipment in any case.

MirekElsner

• Mirek's web site
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 02:30:37 pm »

It's free for demo/eval purposes - it doesn't require a login however you can't create or save profiles. However, when you purchase/use the i1 Profiler software (as part of i1 Publish, i1 Display Pro or upgrade from i1 Match or ProfileMaker) in the HASP USB dongle, i1Pro[2] or i1 Display 2/Pro the new license & EULA applies. In general if you're a consultant it would be best to convince the company or user to purchase their own equipment (particularly for display calibration) so they can understand and regularly calibrate their own equipment in any case.

i1Profiler yes, but I thought the question was about i1Match. I am not sure about that one.

nkpoulsen

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 12:38:23 pm »

i1Profiler yes, but I thought the question was about i1Match. I am not sure about that one.

Originally, the question brought up in this thread was about i1Match.  But, the Sales Rep with whom I spoke referred to current X-Rite display software/colorimeter.  

Yes, if an X-Rite Sales Rep tells me that one can profile other computers under the circumstances I've described earlier, I will accept this as legitimate.  If there's anyone who would be keen on keeping license agreements, it would be a Sales Rep.

For reasons other than EULA, I have the owner of the computer download the software from X-Rite.  I don't copy it onto their machine.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:49:21 pm by nkpoulsen »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 12:49:48 pm »

Yes, if an X-Rite Sales Rep tells me that one can profile other computers under the circumstances I've described earlier, I will accept this as legitimate.  If there's anyone who would be keen on keeping license agreements, it would be a Sales Rep.
OK, how do you account the disconnect between the actual EULA and what this rep told you?
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

nkpoulsen

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2013, 01:06:19 am »

. . . You may provide Licensed Profiles to one or more third parties in connection with Your profiling services provided Your profiling services involve personalized profile-related customer consultations and are predominantly conducted on-site at a customer location. . . .

Seems to me this describes the circumstances under which I occasionally provide display profiles to others.

But rather than delving into complicated legal language that often requires a legal background to understand, if I have a question about license agreements, I call the company and ask.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:42:24 am by nkpoulsen »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up