Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pink Merc  (Read 1470 times)

RedwoodGuy

Pink Merc
« on: February 22, 2013, 12:37:48 am »

Speak your mind.

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
Re: Pink Merc
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 01:04:59 am »

Red

The photograph is called "Pink Merc", so I assume that the vehicle is the subject here. I am , however, drawn into the back corner of the two walls and also the 44 gallon drums. I find nothing appealing or thought-provoking there. Sorry!

That type of subject matter (i.e. junk) is not appealing to me. I think it was Alain Briot who said that he decided early on in his career not to photograph ugliness. That resonated with me and so it is with that in mind that photographs appeal to me, or not.

I have learned on this forum not to second-guess the photographer by offering opinions on how one thinks the photo should have been taken - something else that makes sense to me, so I won't.

This is not the type of photography I do nor am I that interested in, therefore, take what I say from whence it comes.

William

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 01:46:57 am »

Now that is a useful critique. Well done.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:58:06 am by RedwoodGuy »

Photo Op

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 02:39:39 am »

Speak your mind.

"Three things need to be clear in this discussion - art, artist, and the meaning of revealing something of the artist. If there is no art, and no artist, then the discussion is moot."

You said it best, and it applies here!
David

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 02:57:51 am »

To fence or not to fence.

I agree the photo would benefit from a  foreground but I don't think the fence, as is, works well.

Technically the image is correct, WB, focus on subject as it should be, framing adequate, colors correct.. but while correct there is nothing remarkable.

This leaves the composition holding up the entire image.  And the fence.  Interesting.
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:59:21 am »

"Three things need to be clear in this discussion - art, artist, and the meaning of revealing something of the artist. If there is no art, and no artist, then the discussion is moot."

You said it best, and it applies here!
I meant of course to speak your mind. But if cut and paste is it, that will have to be it. Thank you.

l_d_allan

• Berean photos
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 04:10:03 pm »

To fence or not to fence.

To me, the fence and the barrels both add to this very good image. I find myself imaging a story about the car, and also about what the OP had to do to capture the image. Junk-yard dog growling?

Other 2ยข
  • I don't care for the dark shadow in the foreground.
  • Might have been even better with the chain link fence even more out of focus?
retired in Colorado Springs, CO, USA ... hobby'ist with mostly Canon gear

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 01:03:34 am »

Beautifully lit and intriguing because of the setting, including the wire fence.

I find the top left white area distracting and I would tone it down heaps.
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand
Pages: [1]   Go Up