Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More Square  (Read 1339 times)

RedwoodGuy

More Square
« on: February 20, 2013, 05:04:08 pm »

Attached

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: More Square
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:48:11 pm »

That's ironic :D Driving through graveyards too fast, can end you up in one ;)

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 03:40:59 pm »

That's ironic :D Driving through graveyards too fast, can end you up in one ;)
There you go David -- - thanks.

WalterEG

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 04:43:07 pm »

The quick amidst the dead it would appear.

Jaffy

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 02:23:06 pm »

I like the location and the idea but would prefer a slower shutter speed to give a more ephemeral look to the car - not too much to make it into streaks, but enough to give a feeling of time passing by.
I've not tried long exposure of cars head-on but could be interesting.

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 02:36:20 pm »

Sorry, I cannot find much that interests me in this image. To me, it's a picture of a moving car in a cemetery but beyond that I cannot see. I appreciate that could be a limitation on me!

Why did you take it? I am interested in what in the scene prompted you and what you are trying to say in the picture.
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 02:36:30 pm »

I like the location and the idea but would prefer a slower shutter speed to give a more ephemeral look to the car - not too much to make it into streaks, but enough to give a feeling of time passing by.
I've not tried long exposure of cars head-on but could be interesting.
I agree with your comment entirely. It would have been more to my liking if it had a longer streak of the car in one fashion or another to show more time passing. This was the best I could do with an antique folder though, and with one fleeting moment to do something with my camera as the guy appeared out of nowhere. I just didn't have the skill and equipment to pull that off in the few seconds I had to reposition my tripod, cock the shutter and select a speed and release the shutter. And I don't say that sarcastically. I wish I had that deft skill.

I still enjoy the photograph though, warts and all. Good critique - thank you.

RedwoodGuy

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 02:45:39 pm »

Sorry, I cannot find much that interests me in this image. To me, it's a picture of a moving car in a cemetery but beyond that I cannot see. I appreciate that could be a limitation on me!

Why did you take it? I am interested in what in the scene prompted you and what you are trying to say in the picture.
Roger

I was there photographing in the quiet graveyard for a few hours when I heard the car behind. I looked back and saw the black convertible whizzing through. Convertibles alone here are as rare as unicorns, so it certainly caught my attention. Then the incongruity of it seemed humorous, and the metaphor of speeding away from the dead came to mind. And as I said before, I just swung around and made the best photograph I could. I have to relate here that the process of photography - things like this happening - is hugely rewarding to me all by itself. To have even seen this take place was lovely - to have made a photograph of it was like heaven to me.

Thanks for your comments.

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 11:09:06 pm »

Thank you, RG, for the story behind the photo. Well done!
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand
Pages: [1]   Go Up