Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HowTo? Get PM5's MeasureTool to "Save" TestCharts (button never enables)?  (Read 2009 times)

l_d_allan

• Berean photos

Win7-64-Pro (same problem with XP)
ProfileMaker 5.0.10 newbie. Purple dongle.

I've been unable to get MeasureTool to "Save" in the TestChart Generator utility. I can get to the point where the generated profile is showing in the "Preview" widget, but the "Save" button in the lower right remains disabled / grayed (see attachment).

• been on phone several times to X-Rite tech support with no resolution
    • first tech: "MT TestChart Generator 'Save' should work fine without a dongle"
    • second tech several days later: "you need a more capable dongle"
    • no replies to several preliminary and follow-up emails
  • even with dongle removed, MT connects (configures) to X-rite device fine
  • can use ACPU to print included TC9.18 target
    • then measured with MT5 (with or without dongle connected)
    • (and also PM5, ColorPort, and demo version of i1Profiler 1.4.2)
    • then make (so-so) profiles with PM5 (dongle needed for this)
    • that seems to suggest MT would generate test-charts without dongle ... or not?
  • most functionality in PM5 seems enabled (demo mode for Scanner and DeviceLink)
  • attempted to get MT5 to "Save" on several computers using Win7, XP-Mode on Win-7-Pro, and XP in separate partition. No change. Drat.

I have my doubts that I really need a "more capable dongle". I've pretty sure I'm doing something wrong such as leaving out a step, but what?
retired in Colorado Springs, CO, USA ... hobby'ist with mostly Canon gear

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: HowTo? Get PM5's MeasureTool to "Save" TestCharts (button never enables)?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 10:40:31 pm »

It's been a while since I used ProfileMaker but I still have a dongle...I fired up Measure Tool and without my dongle attached, I can not save out a chart in the  TestChart Generator utility. If I plug in my dongle, then I can save out a target.

What's not clear is what you are trying to do...apparently you can print out the TC918 target and make a profile in PM, correct? That implies that your dongle is working, at least for ProfileMaker, correct?

I have no ideas about different dongles...it's been years since I used ProfileMaker and have no memory of dongles or upgrades that I may have gotten. I'm using i1 Profiler now successfully.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 12:26:54 am »

Again, this isn't the best place to post this question...this is clearly a CM question and should have been posted in the CM sub-forum...

MonsterBaby

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 05:47:39 am »

did u try to run messure tool as admin?

i remember saving problems due to this!

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 06:27:06 am »

Not every purple dongle has the necessary licence to use the chart generator feature in the measure tool. It all depends on what original package you bought.

My dongle doesn't allow chart generation, measurement averaging,  scanner profiling or device link profiles, but everything else in the PM5 suite works fine.

l_d_allan

• Berean photos
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 08:28:30 am »

Again, this isn't the best place to post this question...this is clearly a CM question and should have been posted in the CM sub-forum...

I'm trying to figure out how I can move the thread to the appropriate sub-forum. Perhaps I didn't see an option of how this is done. I think SMF 2.x allows this by the OP, but perhaps not SMF 1.1.x

I was unable to "report myself" to a moderator by the SMF forum software. I've thought about clicking the "Report to Moderator" button on your reply, and if the SMF forum allows, ask the responding moderator to move the thread. That seems like a problematic / flawed approach.

Or perhaps you (Mr. Schewe) wouldn't mind clicking the "Report to Moderator" button on my OP  and requesting that the moderator move the thread?

Or anyone reading the post, please feel invited to "Report to Moderator" on the OP and request that this thread be moved. Thanks!

And same invitation to Mr. Schewe or anyone reading this post ... please click on the "Report to Moderator"  on the OP of the ill-advised poll:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=75567.0

l_d_allan

• Berean photos
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:42:49 am by l_d_allan »
Pages: [1]   Go Up