Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900  (Read 1069 times)

Dusty

Epson 9900
« on: February 20, 2013, 06:11:13 am »

I just ordered a new Epson 9900 to move my printing up to the sizes I need for our fine art shows. We are based out of Pittsburgh and I'm wondering if anyone knows where an excellent used Epson 7900 could be sold. I'm looking at Craig's List but have no experience with usage. Anyone successfully used Craig's for this sort of transaction?

Thanks,

Dusty

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Re: Epson 9900
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:57:06 am »

Try the Buy/Sell Forum here on LL below.....

Or you could convert your 7900 to a B&W K7 Piezography printer...  ;D

ken

Dusty

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 11:18:41 am »

Thanks Ken!

I'll go with the Buy/Sell suggestion 1st.

Best,

Dusty

Eric Gulbransen

• never surrender
    • MYX900.com
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 04:44:07 pm »

Take care no matter where you buy an X900 machine used.  I bought mine used off here and it arrived with a useless head.  Easy enough to check how many prints the machine has run, which will give you an idea on the condition of other parts.  Easy enough to check it's last nozzle pattern.  If there are no clogs you are good to go.  Most other problems are affordable fixes, but a new head replacement can be deadly.  If you're at 9900 size and greater, you've got breathing room considering head replacement costs but why even go there.  I sold my perfect running 7900 on Craigslist just a week ago.  Good deal from both perspectives, so it can happen.  Read up on the menu system before you check a machine out, so you can scroll around as see what's up with everything before you hand any money over.  And don't buy sight un-seen.  I don't care if it's from you mom.  Not with an X900.  Good luck brother

Dusty

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 05:17:37 pm »

Hi Eric,

You are my hero.

I just started reading today your adventures in cleaning the used 7900 and it worried the crap out of me so I hurried home and went into maintenance mode to check my wiper. I'll be getting me a new one ASAP. The reason I wanted to sell my used one in my Pittsburgh area was ease of transitioning without shipping hassels but also so that the purchaser could stop by and we could do some print prior to buying and assure I wasn't selling no pig in a poke.

I am buying a brand new 9900 and again appreciate your insights as well as so many of the other commentators so I can get a good maintenance program going from the start. I do IT in my day gig and have spent someone elses money on plenty of $1000 print heads. Now that it's my wallet I'm much more cost conscious.

I still have a number of pages to read in your saga.

I have had a number of dastardly printers in my career that I seriously wanted to at least get up on a three or four story building and delight in giving them that final nudge....

All the best,

Dusty
Pages: [1]   Go Up